The blackberry docks were custom made for each phone. The tylt is generic and following a more modern and younger look. Blackberry didn't invent this wheel.
    11-29-14 07:06 PM
    The blackberry docks were custom made for each phone. The tylt is generic and following a more modern and younger look. Blackberry didn't invent this wheel.
    They might be generic or as we used to call such things, universal, but they're also at least 4 times the price of the BB docks.
    11-29-14 07:26 PM
    Mine were 5 bucks each and universal. They aren't the same things as blackberry docks. Times change, wireless charging is happening whether you like it or not. It's not a bad thing to have. Like everything else once blackberry has it on all their phones, people will see it as an advantage.
    Mr4aces and TgeekB like this.
    11-29-14 07:30 PM
    The Tylt Vu will do just that. Excellent wireless charger.
    Tylt Vu puts the phone in bedside mode, like the docks of old used to do?
    11-29-14 07:44 PM
    No, that's a function of the phone when plugged in, not the dock. And it only works on phones with wireless charging.
    11-29-14 08:23 PM
    Mine were 5 bucks each and universal. They aren't the same things as blackberry docks. Times change, wireless charging is happening whether you like it or not. It's not a bad thing to have. Like everything else once blackberry has it on all their phones, people will see it as an advantage.
    5 bucks? We're they off the back of a truck? Lol

And times change indeed, BlackBerry had wireless charging, now they don't.
    11-29-14 08:24 PM
    No they had contacts on them. Not the same thing, you know it, accept it, deal with it.
    11-29-14 08:26 PM
    The tylt wireless chargers are some of the most expensive out there. There are many good ones on amazon in the $10 to $25 range.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-29-14 08:28 PM
    No they had contacts on them. Not the same thing, you know it, accept it, deal with it.
    Same purpose, same end result with added extra access to phone features like bedside mode. Accept it, deal with it. The concept improves in convenience a little but looses on functionality and elegance.
    11-29-14 08:29 PM
    And now it has neither
    11-29-14 08:30 PM
    Will wireless charging be available on unlocked phones? I am on Att, but have no interest in Powermat. I'd much rather use Qi.

Posted via CB10
    Bump... Want to know this too. I'm holding out pre-ordering the Classic because of this...
    12-12-14 11:42 AM
    I have been almost always charging my secondary Z30 (Verizon model) wirelessly.
    Does your Z30 mount to the charger magnetically (like the Nexus 5) or it just sits on it, or it's stickied to it (like the Nexus 4 charger?)
    12-12-14 11:43 AM
    Bump... Want to know this too. I'm holding out pre-ordering the Classic because of this...
    The ShopBlackBerry Classic that's available for pre-order does not have wireless charging.
    12-12-14 11:44 AM
    Guess it's off the table for me then. Thanks.
    12-12-14 12:15 PM
    Guess it's off the table for me then. Thanks.
    If you are either on Verizon or AT&T, they are supposed to be getting wireless charging-capable Classics.
    12-12-14 12:22 PM
    If you are either on Verizon or AT&T, they are supposed to be getting wireless charging-capable Classics.
    Yah, I'll just get whatever version releases on Amazon, then when AT&T finally releases their version with wireless charging I'll get that and sell the one I bought from Amazon...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-12-14 12:24 PM
    Yah, I'll just get whatever version releases on Amazon, then when AT&T finally releases their version with wireless charging I'll get that and sell the one I bought from Amazon...
    When the Starbucks/PMA charging in all locations became news, I remember reading that Starbucks has some way to temporarily convert non-PMA phones to PMA, perhaps with a "jacket" or something (sorry, don't remember exact details.) So if you are going to invest in PMA, this may be worth looking into...
    12-12-14 01:04 PM
    When the Starbucks/PMA charging in all locations became news, I remember reading that Starbucks has some way to temporarily convert non-PMA phones to PMA, perhaps with a "jacket" or something (sorry, don't remember exact details.) So if you are going to invest in PMA, this may be worth looking into...
    Thanks for the info, but I don't like cases on my BlackBerry phones. They are far too nice looking naked. :-)

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-12-14 01:10 PM
    Neither. I'm in Canada. Closest one would be the Verizon LTE one, but it only supports one of the bands, we use both 4 and 7 up here.
    12-12-14 02:22 PM
    You're having a long conversation and you hear the battery low alert, what do you do?

Until "wireless charging" solves this problem it's useless.
    You easily disconnect the cord from the wireless charger and plug it into your phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 02:46 PM
    Neither. I'm in Canada. Closest one would be the Verizon LTE one, but it only supports one of the bands, we use both 4 and 7 up here.
    Yeah, sorry the mobile app didn't tell me much. It looks like you're on Bell? The AT&T may actually be 'closer' than the Verizon one, because not only is it supposed have both LTE bands 4 and 7, it has band 17 as well, which I think Bell uses as well (I know Rogers does.)

If 4 and 7 are all you really care about, the Verizon one should have them too. So you shouldn't have to switch to PMA if Qi is your thing.
    12-12-14 03:04 PM
    Well I'm actually Touchstone.

But my friends have all have Nexuses so they have Qi chargers.

Bell is indeed deploying 17, but it's a very limited deployment so I'm not worried. Nor I'm crazy about LTE anyways, been fine with HSPA all these years.
    12-12-14 09:33 PM
    You easily disconnect the cord from the wireless charger and plug it into your phone.

Posted via CB10

Which surely defeats the purpose.
    spikesolie and raino like this.
    12-13-14 04:22 AM
    Which surely defeats the purpose.
    No it doesn't, it means you have 2 options which is better than one.
    If a device can utilize wireless charging you are not forced to use it. I don't see the issue you have. Cost?
    12-13-14 08:30 AM
    I don't see the issue you have. Cost?
    I'd call it envy

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-13-14 11:11 AM
147 12345 ...