Just did a search on Ebay they are from $4.22 to $16.00. Amazon has them for $5.99 to $40. Looks like the real deal. Just like the contact points on the Bold simple. I'll buy two one for desk top and one for bedside.

Now I really want the SQC100-2 version.

Thanks Raino!
    11-24-14 04:29 PM
    I have the verizon z30 version with wireless charging and it charges faster using Qi than plugging in!
    I actually prefer for it to be slower so there is less heat. If I'm sleeping and it's charging, speed doesn't matter...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-24-14 04:52 PM
    It saves the micro-usb port a lot of wear and tear.

Posted via CB10
    At the cost of a lot of wear and tear for the battery due to the heat from wireless charging.

And honestly, I keep smartphones for close to three years and I have never had a charging port "wearing out" and not working. But the battery wearing out is a real issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 09:56 AM
    I actually prefer for it to be slower so there is less heat. If I'm sleeping and it's charging, speed doesn't matter...

Not sure the speed of charging matters. The new droid Turbo can charge 80% capacity in 15 minutes. That's a selling feature, not a disadvantage.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Q10
    11-25-14 12:59 PM
    The wireless charging should just be a standard now for all devices... not carrier specific, especially if the devices are being sold at the same price.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-25-14 03:43 PM
    Not sure the speed of charging matters. The new droid Turbo can charge 80% capacity in 15 minutes. That's a selling feature, not a disadvantage.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Q10
    Um, do they advertise it does that without heating up the battery? Yes, speed does matter in terms of charging. Fast charging is important is it runs out in the middle of the day and you need to keep using it. So heating it up isn't that bad since the advantage of being able to use it for the day out-weighs the long term effects on the battery. My Q10 lasts an entire day on one charge, so for charging overnight for the next day, I don't need it to charge quickly, so therefore the disadvantage of the long-term effects would not be worth it for overnight charging...

11-25-14 04:12 PM
    I didn't realize that fast charging is so hard on the battery. I'll stop using my BlackBerry quick travel charger. Go back to the one that came in the box.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 11:25 PM
    What about that charging port where you can charge your phone in like 20 seconds? Maybe I saw that on connectedly...
    11-25-14 11:43 PM
    I didn't realize that fast charging is so hard on the battery. I'll stop using my BlackBerry quick travel charger. Go back to the one that came in the box.

Posted via CB10
    Batteries are getting better and this issue is becoming less of an issue than it was in the past. But it still does affect it if heat is a constant factor. Using quick chargers to get you through the day isn't a bad thing because most likely if you have a BB, it's not all of the time like it is with some of these Androids or iphones (or the Z10 or 9900 for BB, lol) but just to play on the safe side, especially since the Classic will most likely have an integrated battery, I would prefer to minimize that as much as possible by using a slow charger if possible for the overnight charging where speed isn't important...
    11-26-14 01:30 AM
    I have a Z30 with a wireless Nokia charger. For one it charges just as fast as the usb. For two the phone barely heats up at all. Once it's fully charged it seems to stop charging. At least the lighting bolt stops flashing even when it's still on the charger.

Thirdly, this charger sits upright, so it's more convenient since I use my phone as an alarm clock, thus I can see the time if I happen to wake up early. I've got no other clock in the room.

So there. Wireless charging plus an upright charger was an upgrade for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 10:22 AM
    The wireless charging should just be a standard now for all devices... not carrier specific, especially if the devices are being sold at the same price.
    I agree why the different models?
    The bad thing is ATT is so late getting the Blackberry phones on sale it might be spring before they carry them.

I still have to wait for the SQC100-2
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    11-26-14 10:48 AM
    Wireless charging costs money to implement. It may or may not be much per unit, but multiply the cost per unit times thousands, and you get a not-so-small number. Then you have Qi vs. PMA type of BS to deal with.
    11-26-14 12:36 PM
    I have been almost always charging my secondary Z30 (Verizon model) wirelessly.

Hearsay:  Wireless Charging?-img_20141128_171433.png

Hearsay:  Wireless Charging?-img_20141128_171658.png

ECO Wireless Charging Pad for Qi Compatible Devices

Hearsay:  Wireless Charging?-eco_qi.jpg
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by yhamaie; 11-28-14 at 03:22 AM.
    11-28-14 02:19 AM
    The biggest and most obvious disadvantage of "wireless charging" is you can't use the phone to make it take calls while you charge it.
    11-28-14 03:07 AM
    you can't use the phone to make it take calls while you charge it.
    I would agree . . . I charge wirelessly on a bedside table when I go to bed.
    11-28-14 03:24 AM
    The biggest and most obvious disadvantage of "wireless charging" is you can't use the phone to make it take calls while you charge it.
    I disagree. You pick your phone, answer the call and proceed to the sofa if the call is taking longer. Once the call is finished, you put the phone back on the pad.
    With wired charging your head flies back when you attempt to go to the sofa as a chained dog trying to escape.

Anyone remembers the inconvenience of wired phones?

Posted via CB10

Attachment 317625
    11-29-14 11:38 AM
    I disagree. You pick your phone, answer the call and proceed to the sofa if the call is taking longer. Once the call is finished, you put the phone back on the pad.
    With wired charging your head flies back when you attempt to go to the sofa as a chained dog trying to escape.

Posted via CB10
    That is unless your phone is so low on charge that it wouldn't last through that phone call. So you'd be on the sofa relaxing talking to dead air because your phone has died, lol. :-P

11-29-14 11:42 AM
    That is unless your phone is so low on charge that it wouldn't last through that phone call. So you'd be on the sofa relaxing talking to dead air because your phone has died, lol. :-P

Oh, you don't want to disconnect from the charger if it's about to die. Regardless if wired or wireless you would be stuck to the electrical socket. Wallhuggers(r).

I hope everyone understands that it?s very easy to answer a call and keep wireless charging going.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 11:49 AM

Anyone remembers the inconvenience of wired phones?
    The inconvenience of wired phones was largely predicate upon the short length of the irreplaceable cords. That is not necessarily a problem with wired chargers. I have a standard BB USB cable (whatever length that is, let's say a conservative 3 ft.) plus a 3m/9.8ft USB extension cable that I bought for $5. Combined, that allows me at least 12ft distance from the charger head. Do any wireless chargers (including Rezence) charge a device that's 12ft. away?
    11-29-14 12:08 PM
    Oh, you don't want to disconnect from the charger if it's about to die. Regardless if wired or wireless you would be stuck to the electrical socket. Wallhuggers(r).

I hope everyone understands that it?s very easy to answer a call and keep wireless charging going.

Posted via CB10
    You're having a long conversation and you hear the battery low alert, what do you do?

Until "wireless charging" solves this problem it's useless.
    11-29-14 01:10 PM
    Last time I checked most phones than have wireless charging still have USB ports, so plug it in. Jesus it's not that complicated. You can find as many examples as you want where wireless charging isn't the best option, but at the end of the day it's an option and when my phone is charging by my bed and I grab it in the am, I never snag the cord. It's been over a year now and I can honestly say that the usb port has not grown over or fallen off yet.

Apple doesn't have it yet so it's still OK to like it.
    Mr4aces and TgeekB like this.
    11-29-14 01:21 PM
    You're having a long conversation and you hear the battery low alert, what do you do?
    I feel like it's a loaded question and my answer might not be relevant.
    But anyways, here it is.
    * If you feel a little annoyed by the call and would like to finish it already then you inform your opponent that the battery is running low and might disconnect any time. Then you wait 10 seconds, hung up and go pee.
    * Else, if you're interested in the conversation, you go find your wireless pad/stand and put your phone on it for charging, switch to speakerphone and continue the warm conversation. It even frees your hands for other actions.
    * Else, if you don't want to switch to speakerphone mode, you connect the supplied wired USB charger and continue holding the phone.
    * Else, if you want mobility during conversation, then you get either USB extender or just an AC power cord that will enable you walk in the room during charging. I had bad experiences with extender cord long time ago when I used corded phones - usually people or pets tip over, YMMV.

Note, I have no wireless charging on my Z10 but I was entertaining an idea of DYI wireless charging.

I believe that with wireless pad your phone will always be charged, or put it another way, it will mostly be 50-100% battery level during the day.
    Today, when I come home I don't connect my phone to the USB charger because it's an extra effort (albeit small one), unless the battery is reaching death level. On the other hand, if I had a wireless solution, then I would keep my phone on the pad ALL the time (screw battery life if at all). In other words, my expectation is that when I receive a phone call, the battery level will be in high area as compared to when I had USB charger only.
    11-29-14 01:56 PM
    I feel like it's a loaded question and my answer might not be relevant.
    But anyways, here it is.
    * If you feel a little annoyed by the call and would like to finish it already then you inform your opponent that the battery is running low and might disconnect any time. Then you wait 10 seconds, hung up and go pee.
    * Else, if you're interested in the conversation, you go find your wireless pad/stand and put your phone on it for charging, switch to speakerphone and continue the warm conversation. It even frees your hands for other actions.
    * Else, if you don't want to switch to speakerphone mode, you connect the supplied wired USB charger and continue holding the phone.
    * Else, if you want mobility during conversation, then you get either USB extender or just an AC power cord that will enable you walk in the room during charging. I had bad experiences with extender cord long time ago when I used corded phones - usually people or pets tip over, YMMV.

Note, I have no wireless charging on my Z10 but I was entertaining an idea of DYI wireless charging.

I believe that with wireless pad your phone will always be charged, or put it another way, it will mostly be 50-100% battery level during the day.
    Today, when I come home I don't connect my phone to the USB charger because it's an extra effort (albeit small one), unless the battery is reaching death level. On the other hand, if I had a wireless solution, then I would keep my phone on the pad ALL the time (screw battery life if at all). In other words, my expectation is that when I receive a phone call, the battery level will be in high area as compared to when I had USB charger only.
    Hmmm, this reminds me of every BBOS device I had since my 8320 in 2008, the only difference instead of a pad you had a dock that you dropped your phone in.

If you think about it, it was a much better solution as it acted as a night clock and you could see the screen without having to get up to look down at it.
    raino likes this.
    11-29-14 03:16 PM
    Hmmm, this reminds me of every BBOS device I had since my 8320 in 2008, the only difference instead of a pad you had a dock that you dropped your phone in.

If you think about it, it was a much better solution as it acted as a night clock and you could see the screen without having to get up to look down at it.
    The Tylt Vu will do just that. Excellent wireless charger.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    11-29-14 04:55 PM
    The Tylt Vu will do just that. Excellent wireless charger.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    Great, it took somebody else to reinvent the wheel BlackBerry forgot they had.

Plus it looks teribile, nowhere near as elegant as the BB docks.
    11-29-14 05:37 PM
147 1234 ...