If I wanted a gesture phone I would have opted for a Z30 or waited for a big screen Q10. OS7 users wanted a �Classic� with a track belt. Did you forget what a track belt does? There are 4 functional buttons these buttons are to expedite the functions of the phone NOT to add anther step.

It is apparent that people that don't care must be passive or did not come directly from OS7.

No matter what is said it is getting annoying doing extra steps.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 09:25 AM
    Ah, and there's the kicker. When you get a phone with a keyboard, and now also a toolbelt, you're essentially carrying a phone of a certain size but now the size of the screen is limited to accommodate the physical controls compared to an all-touch of the same exterior proportions. So why do we do this? Why the sacrifice? Because we gain things that help in our productivity with the keys and the toolbelt. In the end it benefits us for our uses to have those physical controls.

Now if the amount of steps and attention it takes to perform a function is "no different then (than) ending a call on all touchscreen device" then actually now we're at a disadvantage. Because now we've sacrificed screen real-estate with no gain in the ease of interface... So the point of having the toolbelt is to make the action EASIER and BETTER than on an all-touch. "The same" is actually worse...

But what do I know? I'm just a dim-wit...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I belive they still sale flip phones you might want to go get one -_-.....you missed the entire point. .....the end call button has others functions outside ending a call which is great efficiency

You can't compare a tactile press with a touchscreen. .....I can end the call rapidly without looking, on a touchscreen you don't get that instant gratification.

And flaky l flaky come to think of it

It takes not even one second to either press the button twice or once

To end the call, so I'm lost at this "complaint"

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3 : T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    02-04-15 06:48 PM
    If I wanted a gesture phone I would have opted for a Z30 or waited for a big screen Q10. OS7 users wanted a �Classic� with a track belt. Did you forget what a track belt does? There are 4 functional buttons these buttons are to expedite the functions of the phone NOT to add anther step.

It is apparent that people that don't care must be passive or did not come directly from OS7.

No matter what is said it is getting annoying doing extra steps.

Posted via CB10
    Extra steps o_0

You don't even have to lift your finger, what extra steps. ...two rapid presses and the call ends

if you in the phone app it does end on the first press because it's a smarty phone and it knows you just ended a call and not tried to minimize an app

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3 : T-Mobile 4G LTE
    02-04-15 06:51 PM
    I belive they still sale flip phones you might want to go get one -_-.....you missed the entire point. .....the end call button has others functions outside ending a call which is great efficiency

You can't compare a tactile press with a touchscreen. .....I can end the call rapidly without looking, on a touchscreen you don't get that instant gratification.

And flaky l flaky come to think of it

It takes not even one second to either press the button twice or once

To end the call, so I'm lost at this "complaint"

Um, *I* missed the point? Funny, I'm all for having the physical button, and for that same reason, that you can press it without looking. I even said that. So it's weird you would mention that as a "counter" to what I said... Seems to me that I'm not the one that missed the point...

02-04-15 09:09 PM
    It's hilarious how there are these apologists. No matter what BB does, it's 100% perfect. Don't bring up concerns and ideas to improve the product, good enough is enough right? LOL. If everyone was like that, there would be no advancements since everyone will always be satisfied with what is available and nothing will ever be better because the companies will never have motivation to improve their product... I guess some people suffer from short-sightedness...

Vintage123 likes this.
    02-04-15 09:15 PM
    Time to close this thread

Posted via CB10
    anon9133023 likes this.
    02-04-15 10:49 PM
    Time to close this thread

Posted via CB10
    What? Already?
    02-05-15 12:17 AM
    I only have to press once..

Posted via CB10
    anon9133023 likes this.
    02-05-15 09:09 AM
    It's that same mind set that kicked BB10 out the door 3 years ago. It's good enough.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't say anything about that function just being good enough. I think it makes sense to have to click twice if not in the phone app and the fact people are crying about clicking twice, which takes less than a quarter of a second is just ridiculous. It's still so much better than trying to end a call on my q10. Swipe to wake, tap the phone app if in something else, then tap end. Two of three steps that have be done looking at the screen. If I can hit the physical end button twice without looking, it's still far better than not having the key.
    02-07-15 10:48 AM
    I am one who is curious on how people use their phones. My Classic works as is was designed and programmed: when on a call and device is held to my ear, screen dims so my ear and head do not launch another application; when I take device away from my head the screen wakes up and I am able to press the 'hangup' button once to end the call. Or, should I need, access other applications during my call. Did BlackBerry supply our phones with programming too sophisticated for some users?

Posted via CB10
    kitmo and anon9133023 like this.
    02-07-15 01:23 PM
    Did BlackBerry supply our phones with programming too sophisticated for some users?
    Well quite obviously
    Blackberry supplied phones without considering the OBVIOUS need for some extra customization options for the call-end-button. If you haven't noticed there are many people who ask for a simplified call-end solution. That alone is enough reason for Blackberry to act. It does not have to make sense to you or others, who like their phones the way it is.
    02-08-15 11:57 AM
    I only have to press once.
    02-08-15 12:03 PM
    Um, *I* missed the point? Funny, I'm all for having the physical button, and for that same reason, that you can press it without looking. I even said that. So it's weird you would mention that as a "counter" to what I said... Seems to me that I'm not the one that missed the point...

There's a difference between requesting enhancements, attempting to roll back time/advances, and just outright the wrong phone for your use case.

You're somewhere between the last two, and no where near the first.
    02-08-15 12:05 PM
    There's a difference between requesting enhancements, attempting to roll back time/advances, and just outright the wrong phone for your use case.

You're somewhere between the last two, and no where near the first.
    That's pretty hilarious that you say that. Are you new here? Lol :-D

02-08-15 12:31 PM
    I only have to press it once though

Posted via CB10
    anon9133023 likes this.
    02-08-15 12:48 PM
    That's pretty hilarious that you say that. Are you new here? Lol :-D

Are you suggesting quantity takes the place of quality, or that I don't know how automated avatar systems work?

The facts are pretty clear. You are a mismatch for the Classic.
    02-08-15 12:49 PM
    It is a matter of point of view.

Another conclusion could be that Classic doesn't measure up for the demands of a large segment of loyal keyboard supporters, therfore it totally missed it's target and it is a vaste of effort.
    02-08-15 01:19 PM

Another conclusion could be that Classic doesn't measure up for the demands of a large segment of loyal keyboard supporters, therfore it totally missed it's target and it is a vaste of effort.
    We will get an analytic for that - it will be quarterly earnings. We will also get to see the evolution.

Those things will take a tremendous amount of time, and the Classic IS as manufactured, and there is a tremendous long tail to change that. How will you spend that time? Festering and dissatisfied, or rectifying. Thus you see why I made the statement the way I did.
    02-08-15 01:24 PM
    Those things will take a tremendous amount of time, and the Classic IS as manufactured, and there is a tremendous long tail to change that. How will you spend that time? Festering and dissatisfied, or rectifying. Thus you see why I made the statement the way I did.
    Sorry buy that's a bunch of excuses, excuses, excuses.

Going this far and not going all the way is not going to get Blackberry anywhere.

People who were willing to accept things just as they are, left for other plattforms long time ago.

It is obvious that by now for the most part only demand based stayed with Blackberry.

At this point trying find any rational to shortchange these last remaining user group will not work out.

So if it is extra effort and overtime that is required to fix all this issues, that so be it.
    02-08-15 04:33 PM
    Are you suggesting quantity takes the place of quality, or that I don't know how automated avatar systems work?

LMAO! Alright man. It's too bad you're actually being serious, but I won't hold that against you, I'm sure you're an OK dude despite how misguided your comments are here. I'm sure part of it is you being a bit defensive, so no big deal. :-)

02-08-15 05:29 PM

Well, he also missed my 5-star review of the Classic that was, last time I looked, was the highest rated review on Amazon... but yes, I'm just here complaining for the sake of complaining. I love how some people have such a black and white view where either you love everything about it or else the phone is not for you, lol. :-D

02-08-15 05:31 PM
    I stare at my screen pressing end call repeatedly until the calls end. One click seldom works, instead turning on the lock screen.. Kind of hoping to avoid this after future OS updates.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 06:14 PM
    I have the same issue however it gets even more irritating if you have been using the speaker and your screen is blacked out. Hit the end call button....expecting your "classic" phone to hang up...but no. It wakes up the screen and tells you to swipe up...than hit the End Call button to open your "phone app"...than hit it again to hang up the call.

My personal opinion...if I have an End Call button...That's what I want it to do. First priority. My Old BlackBerry's did that and that's why I got my Classic...to be like..well...classic.

Posted via CB10
    slagman5, Denny_Crane and Xenolock like this.
    02-08-15 06:58 PM
    I have the same issue however it gets even more irritating if you have been using the speaker and your screen is blacked out. Hit the end call button....expecting your "classic" phone to hang up...but no. It wakes up the screen and tells you to swipe up...than hit the End Call button to open your "phone app"...than hit it again to hang up the call.

My personal opinion...if I have an End Call button...That's what I want it to do. First priority. My Old BlackBerry's did that and that's why I got my Classic...to be like..well...classic.

Posted via CB10
    Oh no, obviously the Classic is not for you since you want something improved/changed on it... /sarcasm

I just wanted to say that before someone else chimes in saying this seriously, lol.

02-08-15 09:04 PM
    Lol. Nice. Head 'em off at the pass. :-D.

I always get bugged by people who comment when it's not helpful. I've done searches because I have an issue with my phone, than when I find a thread pertaining to it...seems like half the posts are people saying, "my phone is working fine...". Arrrgh....how is that helping? If you don't have the issue or know a solution...move on to another thread. God knows there's enough of them on here. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 11:27 PM
54 123