Is there another way to end a call?

At first it wasn't a big deal, now it's a waste of time and bothersome.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 01-31-15 at 10:47 AM.
    01-31-15 07:32 AM
    I don't have a classic but you have to use a button to wake the phone up and then a button to hang up the call? That happens to me on my Z30 as well. I need to swipe up to wake up the phone and then tap end call.
    Doggerz likes this.
    01-31-15 08:04 AM
    Is there another way to end a call?

At first it wasn't a big deal, not it's a waste of time and bothersome.

Posted via CB10
    I completely agree. I also have a Classic, and find myself pushing the physical 'end call' button repeatedly to end the call. I also found this with the virtual button on the Q10 as well. It's annoying, and is something that needs sorting out in the OS.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic (10.3.1.2072)
    Mr4aces and anon(4295315) like this.
    01-31-15 09:44 AM
    V-E-R-Y annoying. Not sure why the folks at BlackBerry haven't caught on to this one... It's rather glaring.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 10:44 AM
    I don't have a classic but you have to use a button to wake the phone up and then a button to hang up the call? That happens to me on my Z30 as well. I need to swipe up to wake up the phone and then tap end call.
    So the convenience key can't turn the phone on like in the old bold 9900?
    01-31-15 11:11 AM
    It is annoying, but at the very least you can still do this without staring at the phone like you just got a text that aliens have invaded the earth like with a touchscreen control...

I do hope they fix it soon so that one press ends it no matter the situation.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    ViaCassian and Mr4aces like this.
    01-31-15 11:28 AM
    There are about as many threads QQ about this as there are button presses to end calls.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 12:04 PM
    There are about as many threads QQ about this as there are button presses to end calls.

Posted via CB10
    So, why didn't it get fixed with 10.3.2072?

Squeaky wheel?
    01-31-15 12:35 PM
    It is annoying, but at the very least you can still do this without staring at the phone like you just got a text that aliens have invaded the earth like with a touchscreen control...

I do hope they fix it soon so that one press ends it no matter the situation.

....................but you don't look at you pkb anyway.

01-31-15 12:37 PM
    I've always clicked a couple times anyhow.
    01-31-15 05:42 PM
    Odd.. I have to press it twice if I have minimized the phone app it brings it back up and if I press it again it ends the call. However if I am in the phone app and press end call button it does it without having to press it twice

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3: T-Mobile 4G LTE
    02-01-15 03:22 AM
    I have to press twice to hang up. Can't even remember when this started to be the case.. Does anybody know which OS 10 version was the last one, where you had to press only one time?
    I hope it's not a design choice, but I could imagine that when the proximity sensor isn't working fast enough, that some people hung up accidently before with their cheeks.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 08:58 AM
    I only have to press it once. Just checked and once does it. Never noticed before my upgrade if it took two pushes. I always use the tool bar end call key. But for sure it is only one push.
    02-03-15 02:23 PM
    It's so troublesome to click a button twice? Think of all the extra calories you burn while giving your thumb such an incredible workout!! I know, because my pointer finger has grown to triple normal size from all that double-cIicking my Windows mouse for the past, oh, 25 years. If I could just get back all that time wasted in my life clicking that second click.....

It probably took more time to start this thread than all of your second-cIicks combined for the next year.
    L o r d R a j and eji930 like this.
    02-03-15 09:50 PM
    Oh, to answer the op's question, you could just smash it to the ground to end a call in one motion.
    velkod, WES51 and Joey Vajda like this.
    02-03-15 09:51 PM
    Not only the classic it's on all BlackBerry10 devices I think, my Z10 doesn't end a call except if it gets connected, so if I accidentally dialed someone's number and tried to end the call before it rings, it won't until it rings. Also it takes 2 - 3 hits to end after a call

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 09:56 PM
    It's so troublesome to click a button twice? Think of all the extra calories you burn while giving your thumb such an incredible workout!! I know, because my pointer finger has grown to triple normal size from all that double-cIicking my Windows mouse for the past, oh, 25 years. If I could just get back all that time wasted in my life clicking that second click.....

It probably took more time to start this thread than all of your second-cIicks combined for the next year.
    It's that same mind set that kicked BB10 out the door 3 years ago. It's good enough.

Posted via CB10
    werkregen likes this.
    02-03-15 11:37 PM
    If there is one thing I do miss about the old BB's with the track-pad is the convenience to just tap the end call button repeatedly to end a call all while not looking down at the screen. You guys are spoiled
    02-03-15 11:58 PM
    Mines ends the call on one press.....

02-04-15 12:47 AM
    Ok

So let's be clear if you are within the phone app on a live call pressing the end button once WILL terminate the call.

If you minimize the phone app and press the end call button it brings you first back to the phone app THEN you must press the button again to end the call

I know Blackberry reads some of these threads like, thanks but no thanks maybe we should go out of business people can be so dim.

It's no different then ending a call on all touchscreen device if you minimize the phone app.

The End call button isn't just mapped for ending a phone call! Why is that such a difficult concept for some to grasp, this forum is turning into an iOS forum where it's just the cool thing to buy lol.

I actually think it's quite intuitive that if the app is minimized while on a call and I press the end call button (which typically closes out the app/ minimizes the app/ closes a minimized app I believe) the phone instead OPENS the phone app!

If you want the end call button to function only as a end call function then you the user just need to make sure you are in the phone app when you decide to end the call it's just that simple.....................

L o r d R a j likes this.
    02-04-15 12:56 AM
    It's no different then ending a call on all touchscreen device if you minimize the phone app.
    Ah, and there's the kicker. When you get a phone with a keyboard, and now also a toolbelt, you're essentially carrying a phone of a certain size but now the size of the screen is limited to accommodate the physical controls compared to an all-touch of the same exterior proportions. So why do we do this? Why the sacrifice? Because we gain things that help in our productivity with the keys and the toolbelt. In the end it benefits us for our uses to have those physical controls.

Now if the amount of steps and attention it takes to perform a function is "no different then (than) ending a call on all touchscreen device" then actually now we're at a disadvantage. Because now we've sacrificed screen real-estate with no gain in the ease of interface... So the point of having the toolbelt is to make the action EASIER and BETTER than on an all-touch. "The same" is actually worse...

But what do I know? I'm just a dim-wit...

02-04-15 02:00 AM
    Ok

So let's be clear if you are within the phone app on a live call pressing the end button once WILL terminate the call.

If you minimize the phone app and press the end call button it brings you first back to the phone app THEN you must press the button again to end the call

I know Blackberry reads some of these threads like, thanks but no thanks maybe we should go out of business people can be so dim.

The End call button isn't just mapped for ending a phone call! Why is that such a difficult concept for some to grasp, this forum is turning into an iOS forum where it's just the cool thing to buy lol.

I actually think it's quite intuitive that if the app is minimized while on a call and I press the end call button (which typically closes out the app/ minimizes the app/ closes a minimized app I believe) the phone instead OPENS the phone app!

If you want the end call button to function only as a end call function then you the user just need to make sure you are in the phone app when you decide to end the call it's just that simple.....................

Do you even have a BlackBerry device? I don't think you know what you're talking about in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 04:04 AM
    I think double press is for accidentally pressing the end button during a call?

On touchscreen devices. I have always to touch the end button twice to end

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    02-04-15 04:22 AM
    Do you even have a BlackBerry device? I don't think you know what you're talking about in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    That post by eji930 is absolutely correct, and why some of you won't use simple logic to understand what's going on keeps me away from here more and more these days.

End call brings the phone app up (if minimized) end call the second time ends the call.

If end automatically ended the call no matter what, there would be hordes of people screaming about lost calls while navigating around the phonee during a call.

Posted via CB10
    Hulk123 and eji930 like this.
    02-04-15 07:45 AM
    I don't know, but maybe it's because people are just misinterpreting it's name ("End Call Button") or the picture on the key which suggests you would hang up the phone if you press the key! :-)
    phuoc likes this.
    02-04-15 09:24 AM
54 123