I can guarantee you its the same cpu as the z30 underclocked to 1.5 and it has the adreno 320 gpu and even though the camera is the same as the q10 it performs a lot better to be honest it has been proven.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    You can guarantee? Why would they underclock? Seems irrational to under clock something 3 yrs old.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-14-14 11:56 PM
    Like I always say to everyone, who cares about specs? People worry so much about specs these days. If the phones OS is fast and fluid that's all it needs to be a great phone. Specs mean nothing.

Posted via CB10
    WJHeller and VeryBumpy like this.
    12-15-14 12:07 AM
    Very disappointed in the specs. They aren't keeping up. And the fact is the newer chips can get more done with the same battery so we're loosing on performance and battery life here. I'm just hoping they can at least get the next Z phone right...

Very disappointing. Whoever approved this within BlackBerry needs to go. It's this kind of "the old is still okay" mentality that got them where they are. It's not okay. Apple is 2+ years ahead with their SoC

That's absurd.

Posted via CB10
    Howdizzle, dale-c, mfurman and 1 others like this.
    12-15-14 03:08 AM
    Like I always say to everyone, who cares about specs? People worry so much about specs these days. If the phones OS is fast and fluid that's all it needs to be a great phone. Specs mean nothing.

Posted via CB10
    You are going to need the better specs to keep up with the software upgrades, especially the Android apps. And let's face it we all use an Android app or two. And to be honest the ability for Blackberry to run Android apps is the olny thing keeping Blackberry a float.

#tired of typing on glass
    dale-c likes this.
    12-15-14 06:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the same OS with the same features will always be smooth with the same hardware. So under that logic, we should never need to update and 20 years from now it can be running the same specs. As long as the OS and features are the same, it'll still be "fast and fluid" so therefore it's good right?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    anon(9184750) likes this.
    12-15-14 09:54 AM
    It'll have a 810 when the market is 4 generations ahead of that.

Ehm, the Passport had the most modern Qualcomm SoC available at launch and still has high end specs, so you might want to reconsider your point of view....

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 10:05 AM
    Ehm, the Passport had the most modern Qualcomm SoC available at launch and still has high end specs
    Nope. Passport has a Snapdragon 801 at lowest clock speed. Most modern Qualcom Snapdragon SoC available was/is Snapdragon 805.
    12-15-14 10:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    You say "who cares about specs" and then say "as long as it's fast and fluid" you know that the right specs are needed to make it fast and fluid, right? Right now, the q10 specs are slow for android apps. Just imagine how android apps will be in two years?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 10:47 AM
    Ehm, the Passport had the most modern Qualcomm SoC available at launch and still has high end specs, so you might want to reconsider your point of view....

Posted via CB10
    Yah, it's only one generation behind. Good for BB.

12-15-14 12:41 PM
    I think Chen made this phone focused towards enterprise, niche blackberry users, and needed this phone to be as profitable as possible for the company to keep them afloat. Think about it same keyboard parts, basically same camera minor tweaks same processor etc. and it will be marketed towards users still currently with their Bold or legendary devices. I don't think he saw profitability with an out of this world spec wise classic luring current iphone and android users back to a keyboard. Think about it this phone could have been SO much better. Up to par specs w passport, larger better screen with sleeker bezel, bigger battery, better camera etc. I think he made something just enough to get bold users to make the jump while still making it as profitable as possible for Blackberry.
    Alain_A likes this.
    12-15-14 11:26 PM
    Yah, it's only one generation behind. Good for BB.

You have some issues with reading...

"The Passport had the most modern Qualcomm SoC available at launch"

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 04:59 AM
    It isn't the same keyboard.
    No BlackBerry keyboard has ever been this big. It will be wider than the q10 keyboard.

Well, the Passport keyboard is bigger but thr point is, the chassis is all new.

I do get the point of maximizing profits.

I just hope the optimize the os. A few things are slow on my z10 on 10.3.1 but for the most part, it is really smooth.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 07:16 AM
    For me seems quite reasonable to BlackBerry not to focus on advertising full specs as we usually see in Android devices such as processor, camera mpx, IPS or AMOLED or etc, RAM? , blah, blah and more blah.

The main market for Classic is those who carries legacy devices, those who does not care if angry birds vs battlefield runs or not...well some people does hehe

As Chen said few weeks ago, those who carry Bold or any legacy device by now will be pleased to have better hardware and OS with same hands experience for work mainly. That's probably one of the reason to be out of stock in shopblackberry

I do not saying will trade my Passport for a Classic but I find it right not to release official specs.

With my Passport
    12-16-14 09:47 AM
    You have some issues with reading...

"The Passport had the most modern Qualcomm SoC available at launch"

Posted via CB10

And you didn't see this?:

Nope. Passport has a Snapdragon 801 at lowest clock speed. Most modern Qualcom Snapdragon SoC available was/is Snapdragon 805.
    12-16-14 10:25 AM
    LOL. I bet "TLDNR" :-P

12-16-14 01:13 PM
    At the time of the Passport launch the Snapdragon 805 SoC wasn't available in market.....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dodger52; 12-16-14 at 02:15 PM.
    12-16-14 02:04 PM
    At the time of the Passport launch the Snapdragon 805 SoC was available in market.....
    That's why 801 wasn't the most modern Qualcomm SoC available at launch
    12-16-14 02:07 PM
    That's why 801 wasn't the most modern Qualcomm SoC available at launch
    Name one smartphone that was in market at the time of the Passport launch that uses the Snapdragon 805 SoC...

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 02:15 PM
    Samsung procudes different Samsung Galaxy S5 versions. One of them is called "Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A". It was announced in June 2014 and was availbe from July 2014 on.
    12-16-14 02:27 PM
    Hi there
    Does anyone know if the round side part of the classic is plastic silver painted like Z30 is or is it aluminium - stainless steel ?
    Thanks

From My Sexy Z30...
    12-16-14 02:51 PM
    Samsung procudes different Samsung Galaxy S5 versions. One of them is called "Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A". It was announced in June 2014 and was availbe from July 2014 on.
    And that was the only Smartphone that was available in and only South-Korea thus in limited numbers....

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 03:06 PM
    And that was the only Smartphone that was available in and only South-Korea thus in limited numbers...
    Who cares? There lots of other 805 devices, some of them were available at Passport launch like a LG G3 version. Available means availabe. There are plenty of Q10/Z10 versions. Blackberry Z10 with OMAP SoC was also not available worldwide, Blackberry Z3 is only available in certain countries (and launched initially only in one country!), even Passport didn't launch worldwide. Does that change the fact that they were/are available? Even if BB Passport was a success regarding the numbers Blackberry usually sells one could say that it is only produced in "limited numbers" compared to the mass of smartphones other manufacturers are shipping and probably shipped although they launched their 805 devices only in certain regions.

By the way, do you know that there is this new thing called the internet. You can use a browser an surf websites. Some of them offer things that are not officially availabe in your country which you can buy and make them ship these things to you.
    Last edited by Maxxxpower; 12-16-14 at 03:50 PM.
    12-16-14 03:23 PM
72 123