Only thing is, I am not sure I want a 5 inch version of the lousy q10 amoled screen. I hate amoled.

In March, I will have had my z10 for two years. At that point, hopefully I can get a Classic for a bit less, even if it's used.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 08:37 PM
    Only thing is, I am not sure I want a 5 inch version of the lousy q10 amoled screen. I hate amoled.
    For what it's worth, I didn't like the amoled q10 screen either and was hesitant to buy the 30 but I think they've done some default display and color optimizations in 10.3.1 as it looked much better after I loaded a leak over the 10.2.1 it shipped with.

Actually, I find myself really enjoying the true blacks but it's definitely not as bright and takes some getting used to. Overall it's a good screen though.

Each has its positives and negatives I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 09:53 PM
    This is all the official BlackBerry site offers for now.

Attachment 319683
    Damn, 8MP rear shooter. That's disappointing. I have been spoiled with the 13MP right now and really don't want to take a down grade.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    12-09-14 10:37 PM
    Even with mounting evidence against the Z30 setup, I still hope it is. I just don't understand how or why they would revert back from the 1.7 * Adreno 320.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9184750) likes this.
    12-10-14 06:17 AM
    Even with mounting evidence against the Z30 setup, I still hope it is. I just don't understand how or why they would revert back from the 1.7 * Adreno 320.

Posted via CB10
    Im guessing they had to recycle the parts from the unsold q10 and z10. And to keep to price down

say NO to... Android / IOS / Windows
    12-10-14 06:38 AM
    Damn, 8MP rear shooter. That's disappointing. I have been spoiled with the 13MP right now and really don't want to take a down grade.

I couldn't care less about 13 vs 8.
    8 MP is plenty, but how good is that 8 MP?

As long as it takes great pics, I don't need more than 5.

Posted via CB10
    ubizmo, VeryBumpy, andy957 and 1 others like this.
    12-10-14 07:19 AM
    Im guessing they had to recycle the parts from the unsold q10 and z10. And to keep to price down

say NO to... Android / IOS / Windows
    Possible.... but this isn't meant to be some super phone to impress consumers somewhere. It is meant to be a workhorse device for enterprise, and BlackBerry knew that for that market they needed a functional device, but they also knew that pricing would be very important. The "consumer" in all of us would have like Z30 or better specs on the Classic, but for enterprise the Classic will get the job done and BlackBerry will be able to market it to enterprise at a very low price (not the retail price that early adopters will be paying) and still make a profit.
    12-10-14 07:24 AM
    Possible.... but this isn't meant to be some super phone to impress consumers somewhere. It is meant to be a workhorse device for enterprise, and BlackBerry knew that for that market they needed a functional device, but they also knew that pricing would be very important. The "consumer" in all of us would have like Z30 or better specs on the Classic, but for enterprise the Classic will get the job done and BlackBerry will be able to market it to enterprise at a very low price (not the retail price that early adopters will be paying) and still make a profit.
    Z30 specs are not "super phone" specs either, and I'm sure they have plenty of unsold Z30's as well...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-10-14 09:31 AM
    Z30 specs are not "super phone" specs either, and I'm sure they have plenty of unsold Z30's as well...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I don't think Blackberry has a lot of unsold inventory of the Z30 or parts sitting around because of a couple of reasons:
    1. Blackberry did not repeat the inventory mess that happen with the Z10 and to a lesser degree the Q10 with the Z30
    2. Blackberry had the inventory blowout at shopblackberry to get rid of their Z30 inventory for gsm phones
    3. The one carrier in the usa that picked up the Z30, Verizon, is starting to selling pretty good for them ,I take it, given now that the Feds, (IRS, DOD, etc.) are starting to upgrading their devices now. Remember back when the Z30 went missing from the Verizon website a couple of weeks ago, the reason for it was that it appears the Feds put in request with Verizon to snap up all the remaining inventory in Verizon channels. Once the Feds orders where process, then the Z30 came back in stock to the Verizon website. I believe the cause of the Feds putting in that hold request is because the Z30 appears on the Verizon government list as being end of life and it notes on that summary list that a customer can request for Verizon to hold a quantity of phones from that eol list.

I think Chen is smart using the parts left over from the Q10 to make the classic because it takes care of the supply parts of the Q10 that Blackberry had already invested money into and making money off of them. I do think the classic pre-order price is high given the specs, but I believe it is price that way to help cover the cost of R&D of the classic hardware and software and is going to help fund that Classic 2, which should have a lot better specs.
    12-10-14 09:59 AM
    I think Chen is smart using the parts left over from the Q10 to make the classic because it takes care of the supply parts of the Q10 that Blackberry had already invested money into and making money off of them. I do think the classic pre-order price is high given the specs, but I believe it is price that way to help cover the cost of R&D of the classic hardware and software and is going to help fund that Classic 2, which should have a lot better specs.
    In a way Foxconn is calling the shots on the Classic price point... I sure the poor performance on the Z3 has them a little concerned about volume - which affects the production cost per device. If they build 10 million Classic's it could be done for maybe $150 each. But if they have to be conservative and only build 1 million of them and they have to do different radio in might cost them 25% or more to build the same devices. We would all hope that with the Classic being the much hoped for return to what a true BlackBerry is suppose to be.. will kick start sales and hopefully make it well into to millions pretty quickly. But per the agreement, Foxconn is taking all the risks.... and they know how BlackBerry sales have been going.
    ChainPunch likes this.
    12-10-14 03:30 PM
    So, the Classic is going to be a Foxconn device?
    12-10-14 03:39 PM
    not only Playbook, Storm2 never got the update (stuck on BBOS5 form release) and Torch 9800 either
    12-11-14 08:28 AM
    Yeah, and I'm betting it's the 225 like the Q10. :/

I'd love to be surprised and see the 320 though.
    225. You already know.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    12-13-14 02:25 PM
    225. You already know.
    Yeah, oh well. The Q10 still runs better than any device I've ever had on the verge of being replaced. 10.3.1 has helped a lot, so it will be interesting to see how much more can come with software updates.

I'd still like to pit the Classic against the Z30/Passport to see how REAL WORLD differences are, not just benchmark numbers.
    12-13-14 02:34 PM
    The next one better have a 810, 20nm cpu will increase battery life.
    12-13-14 03:18 PM
    The next one better have a 810, 20nm cpu will increase battery life.
    It'll have a 810 when the market is 4 generations ahead of that.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    vpblaze likes this.
    12-13-14 03:30 PM
    Don't worry, it will be priced as if it had a 810
    12-13-14 03:34 PM

It's not about the Megapixels. This has been proven before.

Posted from an ME173X
    12-13-14 05:29 PM

Posted from an ME173X
    While that is true, the 8MP camera unit from the Q10/Z10 and now Classic is not that great...

12-13-14 05:38 PM
    While that is true, the 8MP camera unit from the Q10/Z10 and now Classic is not that great...

Not the exact same camera though. Supposed to carry some improved sensors / optics. Same MP counts, sure.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 07:09 PM
    Not the exact same camera though. Supposed to carry some improved sensors / optics. Same MP counts, sure.

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure? It looks like the exact same unit in the photos where the back is open. I've had Q10's apart and the camera unit looks identical...

12-13-14 09:03 PM
    Are you sure? It looks like the exact same unit in the photos where the back is open. I've had Q10's apart and the camera unit looks identical...

*Supposed to.

In our camera tests, it outperformed the Q10 in both low-light and produced warmer colours.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 09:20 PM
    Hey, we have an improved 720x720 screen, so if we could get an improved 8mp camera and an inproved 1.5 CPU, I would be fine with that.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 10:43 PM

Posted from an ME173X
    Yeah sure it's not about the mega pixels, however for me personally, if I switch to the Classic it will be from the Passport. Which would be a down grade in camera specs.

I also don't see the reasoning in coming out with the 8MP camera in the Classic, after the Passport. Why wouldn't they have just used the same camera from their newer generation devices instead of the first gen BB10 devices....but then again, whenever the 9900 came out, the camera in that was lower quality then other OS7 devices.

12-14-14 07:07 PM
    I keep seeing posts that seem to assume that the specs will be the same as the q10 but I thought we still didn't knowledge for sure. Hopefully it will still be the z30 specs.
    Or have I missed something?

Posted via CB10
    I can guarantee you its the same cpu as the z30 underclocked to 1.5 and it has the adreno 320 gpu and even though the camera is the same as the q10 it performs a lot better to be honest it has been proven.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-14-14 09:38 PM
72 123