03-23-16 01:15 PM
50 12
tools
    That's my situation right now!
    Had my PPSE for about 6 months - love the device - but want all the keys and trackpad back from my Classic!

Not an 'App guy', but even when downloading some apps on my PP it's still quite slow...

Anyone in the same predicament?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE UK / Follow Me at @OMGitsRLR
    02-23-16 02:35 PM
    Well I went from the Passport SE to the Classic. I still have my Passport but I also wanted a Classic. In my opinion the Passport and the Classic are the best phones ever made.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 03:57 PM
    Get a classic and switch around, they are both great devices after all.
    Last edited by Tessoro Desoto; 02-24-16 at 11:27 AM.
    02-23-16 04:15 PM
    On the Classic you miss the sensitive keyboard and on the PP you miss the trackpad...

This is an amost univers no perfection to be achieved...

I have both and switch on and off

Posted via CB10
    whattiger likes this.
    02-23-16 04:22 PM
    I have them both, and go back and forth all the time.

Some days I want to be on the Classic, other days on the SE.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 05:40 PM
    using both but like the Classic keyboard much more, much faster to user compare to the PP keyboard, but I like the PP too for the bigger screen and faster action.
    Love the PP as desctop device with BT-keyboard and BT-mouse but the Classic as an easy to use one-handed handset... yeah the toolbelt is the main reason for that, using both devices in different ways and means.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    02-24-16 02:25 AM
    SE is a great device. It's an upgrade to the OG Passport and it is something I've been trying to get a good deal on.

The Classic is on a league of its own. It's basically an mash between the 99xx and the Q10. I have one and it's a great device.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 02:44 AM
    I'm on the Classic now, but I'm hoping to have a SE by end of March
    02-24-16 03:49 AM
    When the company changed providers, I was issued a Passport. Nice speedy phone. Powerful. Didn't like the 3 row keyboard. After a while, switched to Classic. Fell in love with the form factor. Yet again, after a while, got the itch to switch back. Mainly because of horsepower. Side by side, the Passport was clearly more powerful. So I switched back and held on to the Passport for quite a while. Finally getting used to the 3 rows of keys.

Then bought an HTC One M8 for a personal device. One month later, selling it and just bought a Classic for personal uses.

Wow, a lot has changed in the OS 10.3.2. In many basic tests between the Classic and Passport, the speed difference is very small. Bravo to BlackBerry for squeaking every ounce of power out of the Classic with this OS.

The form factor of the Classic is probably the best of any keyboard based phone on the market. The tool belt! It changes everything! And with the enhancements of OS 10.3.2, the phone's speed is very decent. Very happy to be back on Classic.

Posted via CB10
    FahedAlDerbi, andy957 and acovey like this.
    02-24-16 06:31 AM
    Had a Passport, then a Classic, and I Had to go back to Passport, for me is better by far...

Sent from my Passport
    02-24-16 06:33 AM
    I found the passport a great device but too big for daily use I settled for the classic in the end.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 07:49 AM
    Have both and prefer the PP overall. That said, the Classic is a better fit in the jeans pocket which is why I'm using it now. So tend to use the PP in the winter when I carry it in my jacket and the Classic when the weather is nicer and I have to carry it in my pants pocket.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 05:21 PM
    I love them both. Once I got used to the PP virtual keyboard I loved it. But the size became impractical for me. I thought I would watch a lot more Netflix on it. Switching back to Classic. I do find myself trying to use the keyboard to navigate still. LOL. Oh well. Nothing is perfect. Battery life is a lot better on PP.

Posted via CB10
    FahedAlDerbi likes this.
    02-24-16 06:47 PM
    I have both the SE PP and Classic. I use my Classic a lot more as it feels better in my hand. I like both phones.
    02-25-16 06:16 PM
    Own both. PassPort rarely leaves the desk. Classic is the one my hand grabs most days. Classic is simply less distracting and more productive during a routine day, for me. Like anything else, all depends on personal use.
    02-25-16 08:57 PM
    I was in exactly the same place as you.

Eventually I sold the Passport and went back to my Classic, via a Q10 stop.

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    02-26-16 02:39 PM
    Had a Q10, then a Passport, and now a Classic. The PP isn't comfortable to type on.

-Gary
    02-26-16 06:43 PM
    I had a Z30, went to the Classic for about 4 weeks.

I went back to the Z30 Only because I could not get used to the smaller screen.

Otherwise, a great phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 08:17 PM
    That's my situation right now!
    Had my PPSE for about 6 months - love the device - but want all the keys and trackpad back from my Classic!

Not an 'App guy', but even when downloading some apps on my PP it's still quite slow...

Anyone in the same predicament?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE UK / Follow Me at @OMGitsRLR
    Yes, this is me as well. I had a Classic for a month, then switched to a Passport SE for a few weeks, but was finding the size just a little bit too bulky. So I switched back to the Classic which I am on right now. Both devices definitely have their own advantages; however, it seems like the Classic is overall just the more practical one. The Classic is also not so enticing as the more powerful SE, and thus the Classic makes me more productive by making me not want to keep browsing endlessly on it, on its smaller screen.

You can't really have 100% of what you want with either phone. The way I see it, the Classic gets me closer to that 100% perfect phone, so I think it's the one that's going to be with me for the long haul.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 09:42 PM
    I have both and like some of the replies here I also routinely switch between them. Love them both!

Posted with my beautiful Passport SE
    02-26-16 09:59 PM
    I have both and like some of the replies here I also routinely switch between them. Love them both!

Posted with my beautiful Passport SE
    You're not helping

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    02-26-16 10:00 PM
    Passport is hands down the better device for those who can adjust to the form factor

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-26-16 10:35 PM
    Passport certainly got the specs. Had BB blessed our Classics with PassPort specs, I wonder how many users would be still claiming PassPort is "better"??
    moyah8 likes this.
    02-27-16 07:17 AM
    Passport certainly got the specs. Had BB blessed our Classics with PassPort specs, I wonder how many users would be still claiming PassPort is "better"??
    They would then be even. Simply choose the form factor you prefer. For me it's still the passport. When I went from passport to classic I noticed how much I hated the screen on it
    02-28-16 12:28 AM
    Does Q10 to OG Passport to Classic to Passport SE to Classic to Priv to Passport SE to Priv to Classic count??? Bottom line Passport SE is the class of the bunch but the form factor makes it a little difficult to use and the Priv is a disappointment (borderline functional with MMS not working even with Textra and or Yaata). BUT the best overall experience is the Classic. And the best Classic is the unlocked Blue one (frequent updates and best overall keyboard). Only downside to the Blue Classic is no wireless charging but such is life. Best phone by far and best communication tool by a long shot.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    02-28-16 02:26 PM
50 12