I saw a video on Classic disassembly that at some points includes battery removal too.

It looks doable, but the way it is shown in the video, it does not look too easy. Perhaps if you only want to change the battery, it could be done with fewer steps?

Anyhow, I'm looking for any feedback on battery replacement? Are there any pitfalls to look out for? Like easilly braking tabs or similar?

What are the experiences?

---

I bought a brand new Classic that I managed to damage, BUT from what I can tell it's battery may be pretty weak. Without use, it lasts only 4-5 days in standby. I think specs says 17 days standby or so. So that tells me this battery may have lost some of it's capacity.

So now I'm considering buying another new Classic, but since I'm a heavy user (~5 hours of phone calls plus tonns of text+eMail per day). I'm worried I may have to change it's battery sooner rather than later, given that the factory battery may have degraded over the many years of shelving.
    04-11-18 09:15 AM
    I did it,its easy just follow youtube videos,no rush take care and you will be fine.After battery replacement you have to be patient a couple of weeks untill it settle

Posted via CB10
    04-12-18 02:46 AM
    It will last for 17 days if you are not going to touch your phone and thats real..
    04-13-18 06:15 AM
    I did it,its easy just follow youtube videos,no rush take care and you will be fine.After battery replacement you have to be patient a couple of weeks untill it settle

Posted via CB10
    Wait, you actually changed a Classic battery? I thought it was almost impossible!

Which youtube video guide did you follow?
    04-17-18 12:51 AM
    Wait, you actually changed a Classic battery? I thought it was almost impossible!

Which youtube video guide did you follow?
    of course its not impossible,it looks hard but you will find it as it is much easier than you expect.search any video for classic disassembly,dont worry.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-18 03:49 PM
    of course its not impossible,it looks hard but you will find it as it is much easier than you expect.search any video for classic disassembly,dont worry.

Posted via CB10
    I've already seen a few months ago a video showing how to disassemble a Classic, and it looks EXTREMELY difficult, which is why I expressed surprise.

This looks like an operation!
    04-18-18 12:35 AM
    It is not difficult as iphone. Depending on how your experience or hand work.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-18 07:30 AM
    I've already seen a few months ago a video showing how to disassemble a Classic, and it looks EXTREMELY difficult, which is why I expressed surprise.

This looks like an operation!
    This is probably the only tear down video out there, and it looks like a "first tear down", not a rehearsed one.

It provides a look inside, just familiarize yourself with the process. There is a pull tab on the battery she missed - the battery would have come out a lot faster if she would have pulled it.

The rest is simple tiny screws, lay them out in the order they come out and you should be fine to reinstall.

Understand these were all made in factories by operators not EE's.

Every BlackBerry I've torn apart seem to be designed for manufacturing.

 Classic SQC100-2 I 10.3.2.2813
    04-18-18 11:30 AM
    I did. Several times for friends who use Classic. Easy task.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-18 12:25 PM