Hanging on to my 9930 hoping that the passport would be released on Verizon; but to no avail. Has anyone heard what whether the Classic will be carried by them?
    11-01-14 08:50 PM
    I haven't heard, no. People are hoping the Classic will come to VZW and that they will add the Passport as well. I am holding out for the Z50 myself and I hope they end up carrying that.
    fastpitch_dad likes this.
    11-01-14 09:10 PM
    I was in the Cypress, Ca store today and asked a young man just that. He looked over he shoulder and yelled,"Rich, we still selling BlackBerry's?". Answer was "Nope". Both of these guys were under 25 or so they appeared that young. Hope they are wrong.
    11-01-14 09:11 PM
    Z50 comes out 3 to 12 months after its actually announced, leeked or any other type of info of it actually exists.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 06:56 AM
    They still carry the Z10, Z30 and Q10... But we may never see the Passport on Verizon. We think the Classic will make it... But nobody really knows as BlackBerry's carrier relationships in the USA are in shambles.
    11-02-14 07:10 PM
    I haven't heard, no. People are hoping the Classic will come to VZW and that they will add the Passport as well. I am holding out for the Z50 myself and I hope they end up carrying that.
    That they end up carrying it....?
    It's not even rumored or announced yet we are making our in rumors here.
    I too am waiting for a Z50 but honestly I'll probably just buy it factory unlocked and choose my carrier if Verizon is stupid enough not to carry the Z50 either, BlackBerry is in comeback mode right now and everyone knows it!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 11:59 PM
    That they end up carrying it....?
    It's not even rumored or announced yet we are making our in rumors here.
    I too am waiting for a Z50 but honestly I'll probably just buy it factory unlocked and choose my carrier if Verizon is stupid enough not to carry the Z50 either, BlackBerry is in comeback mode right now and everyone knows it!

Posted via CB10
    Has there been any road map / internal doc or other leaked evidence, that they are even working on a Z50?

It seems like Chen is focusing a lot at the moment, he always states how important a physical keyboard is for BlackBerry!

I think we will see a lot more devices like the passport (real keyboard, big screen), maybe with another format factor (rectangular, not square)!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    11-03-14 02:52 AM
    Has there been any road map / internal doc or other leaked evidence, that they are even working on a Z50?

It seems like Chen is focusing a lot at the moment, he always states how important a physical keyboard is for BlackBerry!

I think we will see a lot more devices like the passport (real keyboard, big screen), maybe with another format factor (rectangular, not square)!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    No nothing about a Z50 were all hoping there is....
    All that's been "confirmed" from a road map was the Z3 LTE which people are saying is also the Manitoba (codename) which I personally think will be renamed the Z20.
    I hope a Z50 is coming because I really enjoy my Z10 and want an upgrade to another all touch but the Z30 is already a bit old I want a brand new device.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 04:28 AM
    I live in NY and just ordered a new 9930 from Verizon as my old one breathed its last breath. My plan is to use it until the classic is available and then switch (and the 9930 as a back-up). When I ordered the 9930 over the phone, I asked the rep if they were going to carry the Classic when it comes out. She seemed to know all about it....knew that it was being released by the company in December....and said she heard that Verizon would be carrying it shortly after its release.
    momofteme likes this.
    11-04-14 06:40 AM
    Among the US carriers, Verizon seems to have maintained the best relationship with BlackBerry. They recently brought back the Z30 after not selling it for months. I hope that's a sign of good things to come.

I suspect the reason Verizon doesn't have the Passport has less to do with their unwillingness to carry it and more to do with the very conservative production runs BlackBerry planned for initial release to make sure they didn't overestimate demand.

I'm optimistic Verizon will carry the Classic and eventually the Passport.

Posted from the original Zed (Z10)
    11-04-14 07:48 AM
    All the unconfirmed bologna is Verizon WILL carry Classic and will NOT carry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 12:59 AM
    I agree. I think AT&T paid extra for an exclusive, and don't think it's any reflection of Verizons interest or lack thereof. The bigger question for me is how the exclusivity period is for, if the Passport continues to generate strong sales numbers and Verizon has time, I think theyll try to sell it too, but need to soon due to the shortish upgrade lifecycle.
    It's already been confirmed that Verizon didn't want the passport. That's why AT&T has it exclusively

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 06:05 PM
    It's already been confirmed that Verizon didn't want the passport. That's why AT&T has it exclusively

Posted via CB10
    att. Seems to get the cool stuff. Remember they had the 9000 when VZW never even offered it. One of the best BlackBerry devices ever.
    11-08-14 07:34 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rriers-946492/ has some earlier speculation for Verizon and other US carriers. If I end up needing a dedicated business phone, Classic Q20 + Verizon is going to be high up on the list.
    11-09-14 08:59 AM
    While not directly related to the Q20, just noticed that the Z30 is back on Verizon's site BlackBerry Smartphones - Verizon Wireless
    May be an indication that Verizon continues to/will support upcoming future BB phones.Has anybody heard if Verizon will be carrying the Classic yet?-z30verizon.jpg
    11-09-14 09:35 AM
    Verizon would have to give me the phone and the line for free, to ever convince me to go back to their bull****. Never ever getting back together. They got me last time by being the only ones with the white Q10.
    I wont be so stupid twice.
    11-09-14 05:28 PM
    I don't think att really has an exlusive. It's just that there is no CDMA version and we all know about T-MOBILE so that leaves just AT&T.

Of course, tmobile is nice in that we always can use whatever we want, even if it's not carried.

And we that use Tmobile have not been tied to contracts for a kong time.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 09:58 PM
    I'll agree - when it comes to carrying blackberry AND getting exclusives on phones, AT&T does win every time. It's rather surprisingly, frankly. They run the global standard - GSM, have offered talk and text/email features at same time for years (verizon couldn't because CDMA can't), and got the iPhone and now Passport as exclusives.
    Agree it would good if Verizon fully transitions to GSM. My times going from US to UK and Ireland were relatively smooth with the Tour and Bold given it was easy to swap SIMs and use Vodaphone network given Verizon relationship with them. This was in the 3G timeframe.
    11-10-14 11:04 AM
    My reason for saying "exclusive" was this article, but maybe that's the wrong term. Agree doesn't seem like blackberry made a CDMA version, but why is a question I can't answer at the moment.

AT&T getting exclusive on BlackBerry Passport when it launches in the USA | CrackBerry.com
    There is no CDMA variant of the Passport which is the main reason VZW isn't carrying. Pretty easy for at&t to get exclusivity when they don't make a version of the Passport for Verizon.

If and when Verizon opens up their VoLTE network I think things might change. I'm keeping fingers crossed that at&t doesn't hold exclusive rights for the Passport forever.

Posted via Q10
    11-10-14 03:48 PM
    I was in the Cypress, Ca store today and asked a young man just that. He looked over he shoulder and yelled,"Rich, we still selling BlackBerry's?". Answer was "Nope". Both of these guys were under 25 or so they appeared that young. Hope they are wrong.
    Most Verizon employees are clueless and uninformed about anything, that being said Verizon's support for blackberry has dwindled.
    11-10-14 08:09 PM
    'Not compatible with CDMA based networks (Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular)'. I've been looking forward to upgrading to the Passport, so disappointed that BB decided to make it incompatible with my carrier. How does BB reclaim its position as THE business phone if it ignores the largest phone carrier....
    02-13-15 06:11 PM