Somehow I seem to remember it did not use to do that...

Hi, fellow Classic users. I found a couple of threads where people are annoyed with having to push the hangup key twice to end a call. Actually, I think that is sort of natural if the phone app is minimized when we hit the key the first time, but that's not what this is about:

I'm on O/S 10.3.1.1779 and I am pretty sure that the issue I am describing was not present in whatever I was on previously.. I used to be able to use the hangup key to minimize any app, and that was it. Now, when I press the hangup key to minimize the browser, for example, it does, but then it opens the phone app. I find this behavior very annoying. Especially in the browser, using the back button is useless for minimizing the app itself....

Any thoughts, observations or ideas?
    (like the ability to somehow redefine the key a bit, for example)

thx for any comments + rgds
    Mats
    06-18-15 05:35 AM
    I have not experienced this issue yet... When I press the end key within an app it minimizes the window and that is that. The call app is not opened... Perhaps an OS glitch?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 05:56 AM
    I have not experienced this issue yet... When I press the end key within an app it minimizes the window and that is that. The call app is not opened... Perhaps an OS glitch?

Posted via CB10
    Hi CivilDissident, thx for the prompt reply. That's how my phone used to behave. Can you post what O/S you're on? thx + rgds / Mats
    06-18-15 06:30 AM
    Hi CivilDissident, thx for the prompt reply. That's how my phone used to behave. Can you post what O/S you're on? thx + rgds / Mats
    As of yesterday, I am on OS 10.3.2.798, but prior I was also on OS 10.3.1.2744 and this version also had no issues for me as the End key also only minimized my apps and didn't open the phone app either. Hope that helps... Also hoping the 10.3.2 upgrade makes it to your device soon.

Posted via CB10
    BBmats likes this.
    06-18-15 06:50 AM
    I delicately ask this, (and please don't take it personally, I just have to ask just in case) but you are referring to the end key as being the button to the far right of the toolbelt (the icon of a phone astride a line) vs the left key (call key). Because the call key DOES close the open app window while bring up the Phone app. Just wanting to make sure the most basic is addressed... We all have our derp moments... But if it is in fact the end key doing this, I would look into updating your OS as this definitely should NOT be happening...

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 07:12 AM
    I delicately ask this, (and please don't take it personally, I just have to ask just in case) but you are referring to the end key as being the button to the far right of the toolbelt (the icon of a phone astride a line) vs the left key (call key). Because the call key DOES close the open app window while bring up the Phone app. Just wanting to make sure the most basic is addressed... We all have our derp moments... But if it is in fact the end key doing this, I would look into updating your OS as this definitely should NOT be happening...

Posted via CB10
    Hi CivilDissident, thanks + plse accept my apologies.
    Yes, I am talking about the end key and I also expect my call key to open the phone app. It appears that the problem is now gone: I had a weird behavior where an incoming call did not produce a ringtone despite the profile being set to do so. This made me just reboot the thing, and voila' now my end key works like it used to. I guess I should have thought of the reboot much earlier, hence the apologies above... thx + rgds / Mats
    CivilDissident likes this.
    06-18-15 09:43 AM
    I just tested my end call key, and it works to minimize apps and browser without opening the phone app. I am running 10.3.2.516 on Wind network in British Columbia.
    CivilDissident likes this.
    06-18-15 11:11 AM