-So I'm probably beating a dead horse but here goes.. I recently upgraded from the z10 and got the classic instead of the priv. (gonna hold out as long as I can). I love the phone. Not too far off from the z10. It seems that a lot of native BlackBerry apps are not being supported anymore, abandoned, forgotten, etc. My question is what are most people's goto apps for productivity? I've been rolling with slicktasks just because of the desktop sync. But finding more quirks in it the more I use it. Tried viira, checked, produktyf, gtasks, todoist, toodledo, remember/evernote, etc.... for the most part if I could take pieces of all of them and make one complete app would be great but just curious to what everyone else uses. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 05:00 PM
    As I want to utilize native apps, I use Remember and Evernote, which I use on my computer and Z30 to sync notes.
    03-13-16 06:18 PM
    As I want to utilize native apps, I use Remember and Evernote, which I use on my computer and Z30 to sync notes.
    Notes is one thing but tasks with due dates is different. I try not to have my phone in my face all evening when I'm at home. Would rather be able to set things up on my laptop and the next morning I have my phone to guide me through the day..

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 06:36 PM
    I like Toodletasks (sync with toodledo )wich runs perfectly on Classic and is fast to use in any browser .
    03-13-16 06:51 PM
    I'd say the strongest cross platform task app is Ultimate To-do. This is an android port but is incredibly robust, functional and supports many workflows. It syncs with Toodledo which I think is the best cross platform To-do system of the lot. The Todoist service is more slick than Toodledo (and simpler) but there is no real way to get this working on BB10.

You can never stop at one task app though. Of those I'm still working with is Checked! Task Pro and Lazy Lists. These two are only good if I stick to my Classic but hopeless for cross platform use or if I switch to my other Blackberries.

I think I've tried all the decent Task apps on BB10. Ultimate To-do is still unmatched. You can only fault the fact it misses out on some little things as it is a port. I've never found the apps from the Amazon or Play store to work reliably in regards to notifications/reminders. The Ultimate app really does this well, the nag feature is priceless.

 Classic via CB
    Last edited by Pixel Spartan; 03-21-16 at 11:23 PM.
    03-21-16 08:37 PM
    One of best features in BB10 which I use it a lot is remember app due to his simplicity and integrity epitomised in sharing links, pictures and cloud storage integration so you can easily manage your schedule, hobbies and sports matches

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 03:23 AM
    I'd say the strongest cross platform task app is Ultimate To-do. This is an android port but is incredibly robust, functional and supports many workflows. It syncs with Toodledo which I think is the best cross platform To-do system of the lot. The Todoist service is more slick than Toodledo (and simpler) but there is no real way to get this working on BB10.

You can never stop at one task app though. Of those I'm still working with is Checked! Task Pro and Lazy Lists. These two are only good if I stick to my Classic but hopeless for cross platform use or if I switch to my other Blackberries.

I think I've tried all the decent Task apps on BB10. Ultimate To-do is still unmatched. You can only fault the fact it misses out on some little things as it is a port. I've never found the apps from the Amazon or Play store to work reliably in regards to notifications/reminders. The Ultimate app really does this well, the nag feature is priceless.

 Classic via CB
    I tried ultimate todo. Pretty good but when I go back to my laptop google tasks there's a nasty script at the bottom of all my tasks attached by ultimate todo. If I change something and accidently change that the due dates don't work right.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 04:30 AM
    One of best features in BB10 which I use it a lot is remember app due to his simplicity and integrity epitomised in sharing links, pictures and cloud storage integration so you can easily manage your schedule, hobbies and sports matches

Posted via CB10
    Remember is my favorite but does nothing for me off of my laptop. Unfortunately I use outlook.com for my personal use (works great for that) but Gmail for business. I like to keep everything seperate. Do more with the business. So remember wouldn't work too good. I think I'll just have to stick with remember and try to figure out a great recipe through ifttt.com to link my evernote with google calendar for due dates and whatnot.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 04:33 AM
    Remember is my favorite but does nothing for me off of my laptop. Unfortunately I use outlook.com for my personal use (works great for that) but Gmail for business. I like to keep everything seperate. Do more with the business. So remember wouldn't work too good. I think I'll just have to stick with remember and try to figure out a great recipe through ifttt.com to link my evernote with google calendar for due dates and whatnot.

Posted via CB10
    Have you integrate evernote with remember ?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 06:12 AM
    Have you integrate evernote with remember ?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Great for notes. Not so much todos, tasks with due dates etc. I think I figured it out as I said before with just setting up a system using ifttt.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 07:15 AM
    I tried ultimate todo. Pretty good but when I go back to my laptop google tasks there's a nasty script at the bottom of all my tasks attached by ultimate todo. If I change something and accidently change that the due dates don't work right.

Posted via CB10
    I agree that's not a good combo. Google Tasks is a much simpler system. The Toodledo sync option does work very well across other third party apps using this API.

Posted via CB10
    The Ifttt/zapier route is a pretty hardcore route, so kudos on that. If you really want your tasks to live in Evernote I'd suggest you look at the android app called Swipes or Gneo if you have iOS devices.

I've gone down this path a few times and eventually abandoned any Task workflows in Evernote. I ended up limiting Evernote to a journal/chronological workbook, Onenote as a research database on specific topics, and tasks/projects live in my preferred todo app. There's a bloke called Mike Vardy who has some smashing ideas on using Evernote. This article was a real help to me just cutting through the crossover between all these different apps.

http://productivityist.com/todoist-and-evernote/

I'd say find a cross platform system (Todoist, Toodledo, Evernote, Wunderlist etc) and get the right apps on all your devices. For BB10, I'd say only Toodledo(with Ultimate app) is not only the most flexible but the most full featured. Unfortunately it is also the ugliest on all platforms.

 Classic via CB
    Last edited by Pixel Spartan; 03-22-16 at 08:11 PM.
    03-22-16 07:49 PM
    I agree that's not a good combo. Google Tasks is a much simpler system. The Toodledo sync option does work very well across other third party apps using this API.

The Ifttt/zapier route is a pretty hardcore route, so kudos on that. If you really want your tasks to live in Evernote I'd suggest you look at the android app called Swipes or Gneo if you have iOS devices.

I've gone down this path a few times and eventually abandoned any Task workflows in Evernote. I ended up limiting Evernote to a journal/chronological workbook, Onenote as a research database on specific topics, and tasks/projects live in my preferred todo app. There's a bloke called Mike Vardy who has some smashing ideas on using Evernote. This article was a real help to me just cutting through the crossover between all these different apps.

http://productivityist.com/todoist-and-evernote/

I'd say find a cross platform system (Todoist, Toodledo, Evernote, Wunderlist etc) and get the right apps on all your devices. For BB10, I'd say only Toodledo(with Ultimate app) is not only the most flexible but the most full featured. Unfortunately it is also the ugliest on all platforms.

 Classic via CB
    Good reads..appreciate the feedback. Think I can whip something up using similar techniques and idea. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 09:16 PM
    Yes. Great for notes. Not so much todos, tasks with due dates etc. I think I figured it out as I said before with just setting up a system using ifttt.

Posted via CB10
    For notes i would like that it could last for ever when i change my devices in future. I use notes as messages and email templates so i would not like if i have to type it all over again when i change devices (and i wont be locked with one app) , or even if i have to copy and paste hundred of texts. So i decided to put my notes as txt files organized in folders . its easy and universal to acess with any txt editor (now im using hugsoft text editor wich is great , but there are many)
    Last edited by aluiziomachado; 03-23-16 at 09:50 AM.
    03-23-16 08:18 AM
    Remember the milk, in BlackBerry world, on Web, iphone, android you name it. Great for GTD

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 08:45 PM