FINALLY a new non-camera phone that I could take to work! A non-camera Classic! I could move from OS7 up to BB10 and have a modern phone that won't get me fired...

But it's only on Verizon... stinkin verizon! Cheapest 1-line plan would cost me $80 and that's before all the BS fees and taxes. My monthly bill with T-Mobile is just under $200 and we have 5 lines! Ugh!

So after all these years, there's a phone out there I could use and it would of course be on the most expensive carrier in the universe!
    04-04-15 10:49 PM
    Actually, the cheapest one-line plan is 60 dollars with Verizon. It includes unlimited talk & text with 1 gb data.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 10:55 PM
    well, i suppose you could buy the Verizon model and use it on a GSM network if you do your homework to make sure things'll work. Some people over on Windows Central use VZW Lumia's on say, AT&T or overseas.
    04-04-15 10:56 PM
    Actually, the cheapest one-line plan is 60 dollars with Verizon. It includes unlimited talk & text with 1 gb data.

Posted via CB10
    60 is just for the line, and only if I pay $400 for the phone outright. If I subsidize, it's 77 bucks. I will have to see if any of the verizon MVNO's will accept this phone. If I can get a plan under $50/month then I'd be more willing to buy the phone outright.
    04-04-15 11:03 PM
    well, i suppose you could buy the Verizon model and use it on a GSM network if you do your homework to make sure things'll work. Some people over on Windows Central use VZW Lumia's on say, AT&T or overseas.
    Yup, I used Verizon's Z30 on AT&T for a month while waiting for the Passport (switched so that I could use the Passport, but then they had all those 'back order' delays).

I imagine the Classic would work with T mobile except for wifi calling.

Posted via CB10
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-04-15 11:12 PM
    What are you talking about. I'm looking at it right now. $60/month for two year contract and $99 down. Or $45/month for the plan + $16.66/month for the phone. Did you even try?

Also, almost all large employers have discounts.
    GeoB301 likes this.
    04-04-15 11:25 PM
    60 is just for the line, and only if I pay $400 for the phone outright. If I subsidize, it's 77 bucks. I will have to see if any of the verizon MVNO's will accept this phone. If I can get a plan under $50/month then I'd be more willing to buy the phone outright.
    Untrue, sir. The $60 plan is a single line plan and is not a part of the More Everything plan group. That $60 includes the phone's access to the unlimited talk, text, and 1 gb of data. I believe this is the 2-yr pricing, not needing to purchase the phone full retail.

As far as getting the phone at full retail pricing, I would attempt to call VZW customer service and see the process of getting that phone put on a prepay plan. If you're able to, it would be $45 (plus tax, to be about $48.50) for unlimited talk, text, and 1.5 gb of data. If you need more data, it would be $60+tax for 2.5 gb of data.

Hope it helps.

Posted via CB10
    jmr1015 likes this.
    04-04-15 11:50 PM
    What are you talking about. I'm looking at it right now. $60/month for two year contract and $99 down. Or $45/month for the plan + $16.66/month for the phone. Did you even try?

Also, almost all large employers have discounts.
    I saw the $99/ 60month, but when I choose EDGE I still get 76.66 per month.
    04-05-15 07:44 AM
    I saw the $99/ 60month, but when I choose EDGE I still get 76.66 per month.
    Yes, it will show that way. On the single line plans, you'll get a $15 discount each month. It should show on the review screen.

This is on the VZW website: If you have a smartphone with Verizon Edge, you will receive $15 off the monthly access on the single line plan. For more information about Verizon Edge, visit our Verizon Edge FAQs.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 11:07 AM
    You know, Verizon phones are always unlocked. You could just buy it full price and insert your own sim.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 12:34 PM
    FINALLY a new non-camera phone that I could take to work! A non-camera Classic! I could move from OS7 up to BB10 and have a modern phone that won't get me fired...

But it's only on Verizon... stinkin verizon! Cheapest 1-line plan would cost me $80 and that's before all the BS fees and taxes. My monthly bill with T-Mobile is just under $200 and we have 5 lines! Ugh!

So after all these years, there's a phone out there I could use and it would of course be on the most expensive carrier in the universe!
    I just bought the non camera Verizon model via Amazon. It shows up tomorrow, and I've already confirmed via the Verizon forums here, that it works out of the box on T-Mobile.

http://forums.crackberry.com/verizon...obile-1010801/
    ^Here is the forum post and confirmation.
    04-05-15 01:21 PM
    Wow! Verizon offers a whole GB of data? Now that's amazing! An entire GB!? What are they thinking giving away so much data?

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling and RetroBB like this.
    04-05-15 01:25 PM
    Wow! Verizon offers a whole GB of data? Now that's amazing! An entire GB!? What are they thinking giving away so much data?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I guess in this instance, it might be best to go on the prepay plan. I would assume, though, that the majority of VZW subscribers are on More Everything plans which would be cheaper for a family then being on single line plans.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 06:41 PM
    For VerHizon to have such a "great" network they sure don't provide any value. I don't abuse my device Internet connection but I also shouldn't have to watch my usage in 2015. That's silly. T-Mobile has it right. Unlimited everything! For a flat rate. Ain't nobody got time for data tiers. Even if I could justify I would never support Verhizons antics it's just disrespectful

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    04-06-15 03:44 PM
    Good thread title, Chicken Little.
    04-06-15 07:28 PM