It took me 2 years of BlackBerry to realize how awesome GPS Navigation is compared to Google Maps Navigation on Android. I always tried to avoid using Google Maps on all of my Android devices because it became really hot and the battery drained very fast.

When I got my first Classic I thought "oh no, there's no Google Maps!" until I found out that BlackBerry Maps uses TomTom material and that's awesome. Besides that, I now use turn-by-turn navigation very often because the devices stays cool, eats almost no battery and has great TomTom Navigation built-in. Now I don't want to switch to Google Maps anymore.
    anon(9169048) and kitmo like this.
    08-11-15 07:40 AM
    It took me 2 years of BlackBerry to realize how awesome GPS Navigation is compared to Google Maps Navigation on Android. I always tried to avoid using Google Maps on all of my Android devices because it became really hot and the battery drained very fast.

When I got my first Classic I thought "oh no, there's no Google Maps!" until I found out that BlackBerry Maps uses TomTom material and that's awesome. Besides that, I now use turn-by-turn navigation very often because the devices stays cool, eats almost no battery and has great TomTom Navigation built-in. Now I don't want to switch to Google Maps anymore.
    I completely agree, I love BlackBerry Maps. Its routes are accurate and turn by turn is precise and clear and comes with plenty of warning for your next manoeuvre. But what really impresses me is its traffic avoidance mapping, it's uncanny how it anticipates traffic build ups and seamlessly reroutes you to quicker and clearer roads. Last night in rush hour traffic and torrential rain BB maps got me home only 10 minutes late, for a drive that normally takes me an hour that's amazing considering the conditions I was in.
    08-11-15 08:13 AM