11-21-14 02:30 AM
391 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Why ouch?
    I'm not an expert on screens or anything obviously. But my 8520 had a TFT screen, my old sonny ericsson had a TFT so I just relate old technology with TFT and all the new stuff is ISP or AMOLED. so maybe others will to.

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    10-27-14 03:22 AM
    I stopped reading at "fellas."

Seriously, would you read a tech article that started: "Hey, girls!"

I didn't think so.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 07:27 AM
    I have a question - when scrolling through pictures can you do it while in thumbnail view? Also can you rename then without holding the photo with your finger? As in highlighting the thumbnail, hitting the BlackBerry button, and then selecting "rename" on the trackpad?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 09:05 AM
    Ruslan and DHABKIRK: more collaborated leaks (like your browser show off) please!

Cb community is at your feet!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    10-27-14 09:40 AM
    Don't know if this has been asked, what's the phone like in the hand size wise. I know it's bigger than the q10. About as big as Z10 then? Weight? Feels.heavier lighter more manageable as a one hand phone?
    Pretty close to the size and weight of a Nexus 4
    10-27-14 10:42 AM
    Does the toolbelt back button work as the standard Android back button for Android apps? (i.e. diagonal sideswipe in BB10)

How about the menu button? Some android phones have a physical menu button.
    Anyone?
    10-28-14 01:35 AM

I didn't think so.

Posted via CB10
    Actually yes I would, if I was interested in the article content.

Besides, fellas isn't near as gender oriented as "Hey Girls".

Posted with my Dev Alpha C (Q10)
    10-28-14 11:52 AM

I didn't think so.

Posted via CB10
    It's gender neutral at this point. Go be PC elsewhere.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 01:30 PM
    Jolly good day ladies and gentlemen then :P

Sorry for my absense, I've been really busy lately, will get back to the new questions again, in the meantime here is the promised video of how the trackpad and the cursor works in browser + a general trackpad and tool belt demonstration in the system. It's not very good quality, I've recorded with Passport and wasn't able to focus on such a short distance, but hope it helps someone
    koebi90, dmlis, bb8900edit and 5 others like this.
    10-28-14 02:55 PM

Sorry for my absense, I've been really busy lately, will get back to the new questions again, in the meantime here is the promised video of how the trackpad and the cursor works in browser + a general trackpad and tool belt demonstration in the system. It's not very good quality, I've recorded with Passport and wasn't able to focus on such a short distance, but hope it helps someone
    YouTube states: Video not available... neither on smartphone nor on desktop! Anyone else from Germany having this problem?

Last edited by koebi90; 10-28-14 at 03:28 PM.
    10-28-14 03:11 PM
    Thanks for the info Ruslan!

Did you load either of the latest leaks on the Classic? .800 or .821? I'm curious what changes it might bring to the Classic. It would be cool if the trackpad lit up afterwards, but I think that's more of a hardware + software and we'd at least see it light up when the phone powers on.

Still hoping you're not on final hardware and we'll see the trackpad light up plus the 1.7 GHz S4 Pro chipset.
    Nope, I didn't really have time to load or follow all the latest leaks, there's been plenty of them and I don't like loading a leak before I read the whole thread and know about the bugs and fixes. But I don't think the trackpad would light up, that wouldn't make any sense, why would they light up the entire tool belt, but leave the trackpad out? The only positive thought is that this is not a final product, the trackpad might light up when the final version arrives.
    10-28-14 03:14 PM

As usual, thanks! Nice in-depth video.
    10-28-14 03:16 PM
    The new OS that comes native with the Passport, will the Q10 and Classic get this too when it's fully released? I heard there are some people who are not particularly pleased with not having the update... but I don't know exactly what is meant by this.

can you or anyone else shed more light on these updates?
    I don't have any inside information about the updates, but from what I understood after following various articles and press news - Passport came with 10.3.0 exclusively, it is currently the only device with the official BB10.3.0, Classic might come with 10.3.1 and at the same time, or maybe with some small delay all the other BB10 devices such asi Z10, Q10 and so on will get the 10.3.1 update officially and skip the 10.3.0 which was exclusively for Passport. So basically at some point all devices will be running 10.3.1. and everyone will be happy
    10-28-14 03:28 PM
    Ruslan, I am running a 10.3.1 leak OS on my Z10. One thing I and many others have noticed is an issue with the volume output of notifications. You have to turn the volume of the device up a lot higher than normal to hear them. When the volume is set halfway or lower, notification sounds are more or less inaudible. The thought occurred to me that it could be because the OS version has Passport / Classic speakers / hardware in mind and isn't tweaked for loading into a Z10, yet.

Have you noticed any issues with notifications on the device?

Thanks for your input.

Posted via CB10
    Notifications work fine on both Classic and my Z10, I've read about lots of notification bugs in latest leaks, but often they are solved with a reboot or by changing notification sounds to something different. I use my own set of notification sounds for a long time, so I never ran into this issue.
    10-28-14 03:34 PM
    The track pad appears to be unresponsive at times, is that the case? How is the track pad performance in android apps?, you seem to have some issues with it...

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 03:53 PM
    Awesome video, thank you!!
    Am I the only one here unable to watch it? Can someone repost it on Vimeo or somewhere else?

10-28-14 04:19 PM
    Am I the only one here unable to watch it? Can someone repost it on Vimeo or somewhere else?

Mine won't load either...
    10-28-14 04:24 PM
    Hey Ruslan!

I just went a straight hour reading through such an awesome thread. Reminded me of Karim's thread - that of Passport.

Thanks so much for all the Q&As. You are absolutely epic!

I can't believe no one asked this yet (apologize if I missed it):

-- Once a text is selected, can you copy/paste using the keyboard+trackpad like the old BBOS devices?

alt + click trackpad to copy
    shift + click trackpad to paste

Returned my Passport yesterday. While I loved the device in sooo many ways, I have to admit I never really got used to the size after 10 days of use - personal choice), but it was really features like the above that I really missed.

Here's hoping the Copy/Paste works! Thanks much.

edit: When you get a chance to test later, would love to hear about the battery life too!
    Nope, I've already tested the shortcuts for copy/paste, but they do not work, you have to select the text and then press the BlackBerry button to show the Copy/Paste options. I already had to return the Classic, I was able to get to 2 days of usage, but sadly when I forgot that my media card was in the Passport, I forgot to export all the media from the internal memory before performing a security wipe and lost all of my screenshots and photos/videos What a lame mistake, I contacted my person and asked kindly if he could at least take a few pictures and a video and share with me...
    sam_tek likes this.
    10-28-14 06:09 PM
    Nope, I've already tested the shortcuts for copy/paste, but they do not work, you have to select the text and then press the BlackBerry button to show the Copy/Paste options. I already had to return the Classic, I was able to get to 2 days of usage, but sadly when I forgot that my media card was in the Passport, I forgot to export all the media from the internal memory before performing a security wipe and lost all of my screenshots and photos/videos What a lame mistake, I contacted my person and asked kindly if he could at least take a few pictures and a video and share with me...
    Aw, that sucks. :-(

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-28-14 06:15 PM
    This may have been answered but do android apps etc no longer have the software back button taking up space? And just using the toolbelts back.

Posted via CB10
    The software back button is still tehre, but you can easily remove it after you swipe from the top bezel and press "Hide bar", then you can use just the hardware back button and enjoy the added screen estate.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    10-28-14 07:17 PM
    Does the toolbelt back button work as the standard Android back button for Android apps? (i.e. diagonal sideswipe in BB10)

How about the menu button? Some android phones have a physical menu button.
    The mentioned hardware buttons are linked to the software functions, so yes, you can go back with the toolbelt back button and the BlackBerry button opens context menus in android apps.
    10-28-14 07:19 PM
    The mentioned hardware buttons are linked to the software functions, so yes, you can go back with the toolbelt back button and the BlackBerry button opens context menus in android apps.
    Wow Ruslan can't thank you enough, the BlackBerry community appreciates everything you've done.

Like you said, you've returned the device, but will you be posting a full video review at all? Also, your browser demo video doesn't work for me):
    10-28-14 07:27 PM
    Ruslan,

Thanks, as always, for your help with everyone's questions - we REALLY appreciate it!

Quick question - when do you expect to post your full Classic Review Video (I think you were going to make one after you finished your Passport Review)?

Thanks Again,
    Jeremy
    10-28-14 09:19 PM
    2 days that's pretty good. Will be nice to start pitching to the "Boldouts" who returned their Q10s after a week.

And BES12 please.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 09:32 PM
    Awesome, thanks. That'll make android apps more natural to use for a lot of people (though I prefer native apps, of course).
    10-29-14 01:20 AM
391 ... 1011121314 ...