Hoping the belt address many of my annoyances of bb10. Be awesome if had option to shut off touchscreen except for Web browsing.
    Shut off touchscreen? Oh boy, we are really going back, aren't we?! I understand the advantages of the trackpad and the belt for Ending a Call or Copy/Paste functions, but to entirely abandon the touchscreen sounds a little extreme. I pick placing my finger on an icon to open an app any day over scrolling up and down all over the page to get to the app in question and then pressing a key (or trackpad) to open it! And, not to mention, the BB10 gestures?
    allwi likes this.
    11-04-14 05:43 AM
    Shut off touchscreen? Oh boy, we are really going back, aren't we?! I understand the advantages of the trackpad and the belt for Ending a Call or Copy/Paste functions, but to entirely abandon the touchscreen sounds a little extreme. I pick placing my finger on an icon to open an app any day over scrolling up and down all over the page to get to the app in question and then pressing a key (or trackpad) to open it! And, not to mention, the BB10 gestures?
    I agree, I definitely am on the boat for the more features the better. Combining the best of both worlds is definitely better than simply going back to the past...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-04-14 09:15 AM
    What does the BlackBerry/Menu button do when you are just on the home screen? - It seems to me it would be an intuitive idea for it to just jump straight to The Hub?
    11-04-14 09:27 AM
    I'm going to take a knife to my Q10's frets and post the results.

I had the Passport and the frets look identical to the Q10's.
    "I used to be a premium smartphone like you. Then I took an arrow to the fret..."

Joking aside, great thread full of very helpful information. Thanks to OP and all other contributions.

"Is that a Blackberry Z30 in your pocket or are you just happy to see me!?"
    11-04-14 02:23 PM
    If 40 is old... Then yeah
    11-04-14 03:03 PM
    There many times I want the screen touch feature off... Like in pocket, when my baby is playing with my phone... With the belt ... There would be limited times I would need to touch screen. Ideally, using the middle button in between volume up and down as a touch screen activation toggle would be slick..
    11-04-14 03:07 PM
    I have a question. I recently got a Q10 from a friend and have been playing around on it. The HDMI output is not the best...lots of square images and some apps (like NHL GameCenter Live) do not output in full screen HD.

Will this be the same for the Classic?

Unfortunately, since I have 10.3...I imagine it'll be the same. Outputting video is huge for me.
    11-04-14 07:58 PM
    I might actually toggle the touch screen off at times if it saved battery.

Does anyone know if that would save battery?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 07:59 PM
    It should IMO improve battery life significantly I highly doubt we will have a toggle for it on the classic..
    11-04-14 11:41 PM
    If enough people ask for it, why not?
    If I could have a quick setting for it, I don't know why it wouldn't be useful for times when battery life was important.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 07:14 AM
    I also would love to see a toggle to turn off the touch screen!!!
    11-05-14 08:57 AM
    Lol
    11-05-14 09:02 AM
    Um, isn't there a battery saving mode in 10.3??

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-05-14 09:18 AM
    Would you rather be 100% certain you ended an important call or 90%? After all a phone is used for calling not mind numbing entertainment. But oh wait you gain 0.3 inches to play your favorite battery sucking game. Hurray for the future... not!
    For me these devices are primarily small computers. I like the phone part being a bit buried, with document features up front and communication mainly through "chat apps". Having said that, people on this thread have made the solid "end call" button sound attractive.

Z30 STA 100-2
    11-05-14 09:46 AM
    The screen looks amazing, probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Classic and Passport (except for the size of course). But side to side the Q10 display looks like crap compared to Classic, which is much crisper, has more natural colours and the backlight is stronger on max settings.
    Otherwise I tried to squash the device in my hands and didn't hear any cracks or odd sounds, it just feels very solid including the keyboard, but as far as I've read the problems on Q10 occured after a longer period of everyday use, so hopefully BlackBerry fixed that.
    Surprising! I expected the image to be blurrier as the screen res is the same as the Q10 though it's bigger?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 11:09 AM
    Surprising! I expected the image to be blurrier as the screen res is the same as the Q10 though it's bigger?

Posted via CB10
    Resolution isn't everything! It's also about which technology (LCD vs OLED)!

The dark and unvivid colors on the Q10 were one reason for me to switch to Z10!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    11-05-14 11:41 AM
    I wish the classic had a bigger battery of 2880mah

Posted via BlackBerry Z3
    11-05-14 07:11 PM

Posted via BlackBerry Z3
    You might get your wish.
    henry007 likes this.
    11-05-14 07:19 PM

Posted via BlackBerry Z3
    What not 2890mah?
    11-05-14 08:13 PM
    There is something nice about knowing for sure you ended the call, and didn't mis-click the button on-screen
    OMG - I've done that at the worst possible moment after I thought the call ended with a CLIENT.
    11-05-14 08:42 PM
    Then I'm sure you would HATE using the wheel. Anyone remember that??? And, yes, I'm old.
    11-05-14 08:51 PM
    I miss the scroll wheel, it was groundbreaking!
    I have my old device in a see thru glass cabinet above my desk. Anyone who spies it is like WTF is that???? They play around with the wheel and are like "cool". The screen was always "on" too without using back lighting... LOL.
    donemt likes this.
    11-05-14 09:15 PM
    Then I'm sure you would HATE using the wheel. Anyone remember that??? And, yes, I'm old.
    I wouldn't say I hate it. Yes, the wheel was cool and worked fine at the time (when it wasn't broken!), but those days are gone. It would be hard for me to leave the BB10 touchscreen gestures and go back to the wheel. You can say I am over it! By the way, I am old too! :-)
    11-06-14 06:24 AM
    It should IMO improve battery life significantly I highly doubt we will have a toggle for it on the classic..
    It really wouldn't. Most battery is used by the screen, and radio. That's why if you go on airplane mode your phone can last many days.
    11-06-14 08:49 AM
    You are correct. The OS will control the output dimensions.
    I've heard that Z10s output in full screen HD though as long as you rotate the screen. No?
    11-06-14 11:25 PM
391 ... 1213141516