Got my paws on the BlackBerry Classic (HQ photos, Q&A)-img_20141029_101502.png

I'd really like to watch it, too...

Ruslan, you mind reposting it to another platform?

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    10-29-14 04:15 AM
    I found out the video will play on the CrackBerry post via the browser. It won't work on YouTube.com, only through the embedded box in his post.
    10-29-14 06:47 AM
    I found out the video will play on the CrackBerry post via the browser. It won't work on YouTube.com, only through the embedded box in his post.
    Doesnt work either...

10-29-14 07:04 AM
    Just watched the video and it worked fine for me when I clicked on the link, maybe it's territory restricted?

I have a question for the miss who has the Classic, now that you have used the Classic for a little while. Do you feel the Q10 / Q5 screen is too small? Or do you think they are the same size and wouldn't notice much difference?

The reason for me asking is, I have a Q5 but I prefer to get a "bigger" screen for my next device. But if the screen size isn't noticeably bigger then ill go for the passport

Look forward to hearing from you.
    10-29-14 07:44 AM
    Originally Posted by Ruslan Botsyurko
    Nope, I've already tested the shortcuts for copy/paste, but they do not work, you have to select the text and then press the BlackBerry button to show the Copy/Paste options. I already had to return the Classic, I was able to get to 2 days of usage, but sadly when I forgot that my media card was in the Passport, I forgot to export all the media from the internal memory before performing a security wipe and lost all of my screenshots and photos/videos What a lame mistake, I contacted my person and asked kindly if he could at least take a few pictures and a video and share with me...
    Aw, that sucks. :-(

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    @Slagman - I was bummed out too. Yet, my gut says that this feature will be implemented in the final version. After all that Blackberry has done with the classic and having brought back the toolbelt and all, it'd be plain crazy to leave that out considering it's just a software tweak at the end of the day!

So, still have my fingers crossed!

Ruslan, Thanks for coming back on this! I was also bummed that you had to return the Classic AND your lost media! Take solace in having put a lot of smiles in here! Much aopreciated.
    10-29-14 09:11 AM
    Just use a proxy if you wanna watch the video from Germany. Worked fine for me

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 11:54 AM
    Awesome video

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 12:59 PM
    seems as though the trackpad is not always responding that well though, in the vid it seems Ruslan is at certain points vigorously swiping the trackpad but the screen is not responding at all
    10-29-14 11:15 PM
    seems as though the trackpad is not always responding that well though, in the vid it seems Ruslan is at certain points vigorously swiping the trackpad but the screen is not responding at all
    Ya, that was noticeable. At some instances you got the feeling a regular BB10 gesture based (touch) selection or swiping would have been easier!
    10-29-14 11:33 PM
    Ya, that was noticeable. At some instances you got the feeling a regular BB10 gesture based (touch) selection or swiping would have been easier!
    These gestures are still possible with the classic aren't they?

I re-watched the video. I don't think that the trackpad lagged in the browser, it just needed it's time until the Cursor went all the way down from screen top to bottom, so that the page could scroll down.

10-30-14 02:19 AM
    These gestures are still possible with the classic aren't they?
    Yes, good point. So, one can pick and choose where to use the gestures versus the trackpad.
    10-30-14 05:01 AM
    Does anybody know if the Classic has Wireless Charging?

Posted with my Dev Alpha C (Q10)
    10-31-14 10:43 AM
    supposedly an option on the verizon model...thurask i believe unclvered that option by digging through the leaked os files. Take that with a grain of salt though.
    10-31-14 11:31 AM
    Wireless charging would be a great option to have. Time spent at the desk could be spent charging right where I can see the device. I'm a big fan of the TYLT.
    10-31-14 11:46 AM
    Does anybody know if the Classic has Wireless Charging?

Posted with my Dev Alpha C (Q10)
    Like the unseen Passport Variant with Wireless Charging, one of the Classic variants will also have wireless charging. Keep in mind, these are carrier specific.

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock likes this.
    10-31-14 01:10 PM
    So does the tool belt actually matter? How often do you see yourself using it?

I'm late for the thread but hopefully this gets answered!
    10-31-14 01:31 PM

I will use it every single day

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 02:24 PM

Every single time I need to make a phone call, end a call, need to select text, need to copy text, need to paste text, need to go back in the browser or any app, um, basically, probably every minute I'll be using the phone. Did I answer your question?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-31-14 02:45 PM

Every time I want the phone to do anything without my thumb taking up 1/4 of the screen and getting finger-funk on it again.

From a Z30
    merli001 and manant155 like this.
    10-31-14 02:55 PM

Send and End, are what are most appealing to me. I feel like all modern smartphones have put the action of calling about 2 0r 3 layers to deep in the "phone" . The other parts of the toolbelt are ok with me, but it is the call buttons that i am most excited about.
    elgolfman likes this.
    10-31-14 03:43 PM
    Send and End, are what are most appealing to me. I feel like all modern smartphones have put the action of calling about 2 0r 3 layers to deep in the "phone" . The other parts of the toolbelt are ok with me, but it is the call buttons that i am most excited about.
    Couldn't agree more. Calling is the top function for me followed by messaging, so I'm glad to soon have the send, end keys back.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Q10
    elgolfman likes this.
    10-31-14 08:05 PM
    I often feel like people who don't get the belt simply never were bbusers or have forgotten all these smart devices are actually phones. This q10 phone app widget whatever it's called is just plain ******** (yes, ******** no sensitivity needed). Making calls, being on long calls etc just not intuitive.

Hoping the belt address many of my annoyances of bb10. Be awesome if had option to shut off touchscreen except for Web browsing.

Update: ****. Above wasn't swearing! Wow, can't even write the word re (to the) tar (to the) ded..
    elgolfman likes this.
    11-03-14 04:09 PM
    I often feel like people who don't get the belt simply never were bbusers or have forgotten all these smart devices are actually phones. This q10 phone app widget whatever it's called is just plain ******** (yes, ******** no sensitivity needed). Making calls, being on long calls etc just not intuitive.

Hoping the belt address many of my annoyances of bb10. Be awesome if had option to shut off touchscreen except for Web browsing.

Update: ****. Above wasn't swearing! Wow, can't even write the word re (to the) tar (to the) ded..
    And I feel like you're old.
    11-03-14 06:01 PM
    And I feel like you're old.
    Would you rather be 100% certain you ended an important call or 90%? After all a phone is used for calling not mind numbing entertainment. But oh wait you gain 0.3 inches to play your favorite battery sucking game. Hurray for the future... not!
    elgolfman likes this.
    11-03-14 08:21 PM
    I often feel like people who don't get the belt simply never were bbusers or have forgotten all these smart devices are actually phones.
    Exactly.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 08:31 PM
391 ... 1112131415 ...