Differentiating BB10 phones from previous BlackBerry OS phones. So, branding. But I agree: there's no technical reason, and a curved keyboard might provide the better experience.

Posted via CB10
    curved kb->bigger trackpad
    enough reason?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    10-25-14 07:14 AM
    Ruslan has left the building (with our classic) Music plays ...............................
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    10-25-14 07:50 AM
    curved kb->bigger trackpad
    enough reason?

Reread my post. I am in agreement with you.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 08:24 AM
    Reread my post. I am in agreement with you.

Posted via CB10
    Ooops...sorry

10-25-14 12:09 PM
    Ooops...sorry

It's nothing. But wouldn't it be so nice to have a larger trackpad? The one on the classic looks way too small.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:11 PM
    It's nothing. But wouldn't it be so nice to have a larger trackpad? The one on the classic looks way too small.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, it would be great! But I think we have to wait for the classic v2 to be realistically.

10-25-14 12:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    No it wouldn't. I don't want to struggle to reach the touchscreen and do gestures. Yes the trackpad is great for some things but it's not a replacement for basic ui navigation

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:41 PM
    Yeah, it would be great! But I think we have to wait for the classic v2 to be realistically.

We should definitely give it a chance first to see if it's an issue. Because if it isn't then maybe the smaller size might be better for the sake of overall size or to limit the distance between the keyboard and screen for touchscreen navigation.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-25-14 12:52 PM
    Hey Ruslan!

I just went a straight hour reading through such an awesome thread. Reminded me of Karim's thread - that of Passport.

Thanks so much for all the Q&As. You are absolutely epic!

I can't believe no one asked this yet (apologize if I missed it):

-- Once a text is selected, can you copy/paste using the keyboard+trackpad like the old BBOS devices?

alt + click trackpad to copy
    shift + click trackpad to paste

Returned my Passport yesterday. While I loved the device in sooo many ways, I have to admit I never really got used to the size after 10 days of use - personal choice), but it was really features like the above that I really missed.

Here's hoping the Copy/Paste works! Thanks much.

edit: When you get a chance to test later, would love to hear about the battery life too!
    10-25-14 01:54 PM
    Damn, after reading all of these questions, why don't you just all go and buy another 9900? That's exactly what you want..
    You're sort of right - we do want an updated 9900. We're willing to deal with the change from OS 7.1 to 10, but want it in a form-factor that a lot of us have found to be productive.

Honestly, if my 9900 had greater processor speed, more RAM and a slightly larger screen, I'd be happy.

Hey, lookee here! I just described the Classic (apart from the OS).

That's the point!
    VeryBumpy, sam_tek and stavwoz like this.
    10-25-14 02:04 PM
    You're sort of right - we do want an updated 9900. We're willing to deal with the change from OS 7.1 to 10, but want it in a form-factor that a lot of us have found to be productive.

Honestly, if my 9900 had greater processor speed, more RAM and a slightly larger screen, I'd be happy.

Hey, lookee here! I just described the Classic (apart from the OS).

That's the point!
    How could you suggest that the classic wouldn't be just as or more productive? You haven't even touched one yet.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 02:50 PM
    How could you suggest that the classic wouldn't be just as or more productive? You haven't even touched one yet.

Posted via CB10
    Erm, I think you misunderstood my post.

I was trying to point out that the Classic may be just what several of us want. I know that when I use my Q10, I miss the toolbelt. My point is that when you upgrade the RAM/Processor/screen on the 9900 you're pretty much describing the Classic.......apart from the OS.
    10-25-14 03:00 PM
    I was pretty meh on the Classic but this may be my next phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 03:06 PM
    Is this screen IPS (readable in direct sunlight) or OLED (dark as hell) ?
    10-26-14 03:49 AM
    Is this screen IPS (readable in direct sunlight) or OLED (dark as hell) ?
    TFT LCD

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 09:16 AM
    This may have been answered but do android apps etc no longer have the software back button taking up space? And just using the toolbelts back.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 09:44 AM
    This may have been answered but do android apps etc no longer have the software back button taking up space? And just using the toolbelts back.

Posted via CB10
    You always have the option to hide the back button. In the the app swipe from the top and select hide bottom bar. You can bring it back by the same way
    10-26-14 10:56 AM
    TFT LCD

Posted via CB10
    TFT? Ouch.
    10-26-14 12:35 PM
    Does the toolbelt back button work as the standard Android back button for Android apps? (i.e. diagonal sideswipe in BB10)

How about the menu button? Some android phones have a physical menu button.
    10-26-14 03:10 PM
    Why ouch?
    Because they think TFT=TN

Hint: it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 08:21 PM
    Don't know if this has been asked, what's the phone like in the hand size wise. I know it's bigger than the q10. About as big as Z10 then? Weight? Feels.heavier lighter more manageable as a one hand phone?

For comparison I use a Z30 now, the big daddy, anything smaller will be welcome.

Adding to the bandwagon, the compact size of my bold 9900 is sorely missed. Nothing like it for text communication and phones. Everything is just super-sized these days and no, Q10, compact yes, not an option. A keyboard phone needs a tool belt otherwise I go all touch.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 09:55 PM
    Don't know if this has been asked, what's the phone like in the hand size wise. I know it's bigger than the q10. About as big as Z10 then? Weight? Feels.heavier lighter more manageable as a one hand phone?

For comparison I use a Z30 now, the big daddy, anything smaller will be welcome.

Adding to the bandwagon, the compact size of my bold 9900 is sorely missed. Nothing like it for text communication and phones. Everything is just super-sized these days and no, Q10, compact yes, not an option. A keyboard phone needs a tool belt otherwise I go all touch.

Posted via CB10
    It's definitely not as compact as a Q10 but u should be able to use it in one hand without problems.
    10-26-14 10:34 PM
    Why ouch?
    Eh never mind, I did my research online and they're pretty much the same, just different technology in the displays. I take my ouch back (;
    10-27-14 12:26 AM
    Can you give me a comparison? As big as z10? Skinner? Lighter? I read somewhere it was the thinnest BlackBerry to be made, so as thin as the bold 9900?

I'm sure it's all been covered but, excitement is building, it's fun to talk here in the big thread.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 12:58 AM
    Now that's a sexy phone right there. Arguably better then the Q10.
    10-27-14 02:00 AM
391 ... 910111213 ...