1) Not right away. You can take a picture, then open it via the thumbnail in the left bottom corner, press the BlackBerry button to open menu and then choose Properties to rename the picture.

2) This is a software-related question. You can't subscribe to podcasts natively like on the Bold, where you've had a Podcast app, but you can of course once you install any of the many podcast apps from BlackBerry World or even Amazon/Snap.

3) Again - software question, it's not Classic-specific, all the features depend on OS build. No, you won't find the native Password Keeper in Classic, but you can download the native one from BlackBerry when you find it in the BB World, just like on current devices.
    Thanks so much for the quality response to my questions Ruslan! I really appreciate it. I had high hopes BB would engineer some of the direct non theatrical approaches they had in the Bold 9900 - especially the ability to quickly rename a photo or video.

If I could pose one more question do you know IF you link drop videos into the classic do the full titles scroll like they do on the 9900? I had several videos I had motion captures of government hearings that I made on my computer and put them on my 9900 - some of them had long titles yet the Bold 9900 displayed every word of the title. I noticed that on my Q10 most of the title gets cutt off and it doesn't scroll.

Sorry for the additional question.
    10-21-14 02:01 PM
    Damn, after reading all of these questions, why don't you just all go and buy another 9900? That's exactly what you want..
    teamryan15 likes this.
    10-21-14 02:13 PM
    Damn, after reading all of these questions, why don't you just all go and buy another 9900? That's exactly what you want..
    Because then they wouldn't be able to post In the classic forum and complain

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 02:24 PM
    How that comes accross FranklAm is: 'why don't you just all go and buy an iphone or Droid'. Well, millions upon millions heard your answer ( which is essentially Blackberry's answer ) to Blackberry's short-comings and did just that - the majority left the brand.

Eventually it will sink in that those of us who complain actually do so because we STILL LOVE THE BRAND and are doing what we can to alert BB of course corrections they need to make. I think that's a more effective way to get something done then greasing ones head up and pounding it like a jack hammer into the sand.
    Last edited by pythons; 10-22-14 at 11:26 PM.
    10-21-14 03:36 PM
    For those asking about the browser; here's a review: http://www.dhabkirkdesigns.com/2014/...assic-browser/

Posted via CB10
    allwi, merli001, momofteme and 8 others like this.
    10-21-14 04:12 PM
    For those asking about the browser; here's a review: http://www.dhabkirkdesigns.com/2014/...assic-browser/

Posted via CB10
    Thank you so much!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 04:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Awesome - thanks for posting that!

I have to say I'm slightly disappointed they didn't keep the BBOS-style of navigation in the browser, where moving the trackpad moved from one highlighted link to the next.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 05:35 PM
    Awesome - thanks for posting that!

I have to say I'm slightly disappointed they didn't keep the BBOS-style of navigation in the browser, where moving the trackpad moved from one highlighted link to the next.

Posted via CB10
    I believe that was an option, because I used my BBOS device like the way it's shown with the little cursor. Maybe it'll be an option with the Classic?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-21-14 05:39 PM
    I believe that was an option, because I used my BBOS device like the way it's shown with the little cursor. Maybe it'll be an option with the Classic?
    Oh, interesting - didn't know that.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 06:00 PM
    Oh, interesting - didn't know that.

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't a BB user from way back in the day or anything, my first BB was the Bold 9000 and then I got a Bold 9900, and in both of those, I used the browser using the little cursor, but I think in older BBOS devices it might have been different maybe... But I think the link highlighting method might have still been an option.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-21-14 06:10 PM
    My only BBOS device was a 9810 running OS 7.1, and I'm pretty sure it had the link highlighting behaviour by default. Or maybe it was an option that I set early on and then forgot about it.

Anyway, I hope it'll be an option in 10.3.1 or some future version. Spatial navigation (as it is sometimes called) is the fastest way to browse. I use it in Opera on the desktop all day long.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 07:54 PM
    Will be my next phone. they never should have got rid of the trackpad/tool belt. look how useful it is.
    10-22-14 02:09 PM
    The Passport and Porsche P9983 are currently on the latest OS series, 10.3. The Classic and the rest of the lineup will not get these updates, but they will get 10.3.1 in the coming months with the Classic launch. The Passport and P9983 should get 10.3.1 as well, so everyone should be on the same cycle at that point.

However, people are still able to load 10.3 software leaks on their current devices, they just won't receive support OFFICIALLY.

Hope that made sense.
    Great reply! Answered my question 100%, thank you !
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    10-22-14 08:49 PM
    I'm going to take a knife to my Q10's frets and post the results.

I had the Passport and the frets look identical to the Q10's.
    10-22-14 09:28 PM
    I'm going to take a knife to my Q10's frets and post the results.

I had the Passport and the frets look identical to the Q10's.
    Don't do it! We already know the answer!!!
    10-22-14 10:20 PM
    If this has been asked, my apologies in advance. With regards to the tool belt, does it feel flimsy and cheap? I understand the device isn't meant to be premium, but I hope the tool belt along with the keypad is sturdy and strong. I remember my 9800 tool belt became a bit loose after a few months (like the glue or adhesive wasn't strong enough).

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 11:18 PM
    If this has been asked, my apologies in advance. With regards to the tool belt, does it feel flimsy and cheap? I understand the device isn't meant to be premium, but I hope the tool belt along with the keypad is sturdy and strong. I remember my 9800 tool belt became a bit loose after a few months (like the glue or adhesive wasn't strong enough).

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Just read the "BlackBerry Classic Preview" by DHabkirk on his blog! It feels premium and well crafted, as Mr Chen promised!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    10-23-14 01:32 AM
    are the size of the keys on the classic the same size as Q10's keys...

Posted via CB/Q10
    10-24-14 07:58 PM
    Delete
    10-24-14 10:08 PM
    Don't do it! We already know the answer!!!
    : ) I can't believe they were plastic all along!

are the size of the keys on the classic the same size as Q10's keys...

Posted via CB/Q10
    They'd have to be larger. The phone and screen are wider.

---

So those call and end keys look kind of janky. I'd have preferred island style keys. Just give me a curve-style Classic and I'll be happy.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 10:09 PM
    Actually why they aren't using the curved keyboard beats me. With the Q10 I agree wasn't possible. But with the classic and the tool belt, they curved keyboard was very much possible.
    allwi likes this.
    10-24-14 11:30 PM
    Actually why they aren't using the curved keyboard beats me. With the Q10 I agree wasn't possible. But with the classic and the tool belt, they curved keyboard was very much possible.
    Differentiating BB10 phones from previous BlackBerry OS phones. So, branding. But I agree: there's no technical reason, and a curved keyboard might provide the better experience.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:40 PM
    Differentiating BB10 phones from previous BlackBerry OS phones. So, branding. But I agree: there's no technical reason, and a curved keyboard might provide the better experience.

Posted via CB10
    They tried to do that with the Q10. We know what happened. Plus, since the trackpad is back, differentiating isn't really happening. And the 'better experience' is what is supposed to matter absolutely.
    10-25-14 01:09 AM
    Hey Ruslan it became quite quiet here! What about a video? Do you collaborate with DHABKIRK on this one?

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    10-25-14 03:07 AM
    The most important point to me is battery life, so I check this thread regularly, hoping to get some new information about it
    Barbareren likes this.
    10-25-14 07:13 AM
391 ... 89101112 ...