Thanks for everything Ruslan!

Is there any settings for trackpad behavior in settings or browser settings?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 09:50 AM
    Same question for me as above I guess. Does the track pad have option for audible scroll?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 09:53 AM
    * Are there any differences in setting options/functions on the Classic compared to the Passport?
    If I don't cound the trackpad/tool-belt functions there's only Shortcut/Speed dial options, but it's software related and I didn't have time to load the last leak on Passport, so Classic is running a newer build.
    10-20-14 10:44 AM
    Do you find text selection to be more precise with the Classic (than on touchscreen only devices), and is the cursor more easily, more precisely placed on the Classic, (making editing less time-consuming than it is on the touchscreen only devices -like Z30, for example?)
    Yes, it is more precise on Classic and even though I love the touch-enabled HW keyboard on Passport, I gotta say a trackpad is a trackpad
    Barbareren and sam_tek like this.
    10-20-14 10:47 AM
    I REALLY wanted the Passport, but it's looking more and more like it won't come to Verizon. So I'm looking at the Classic and hoping against hope that it's also a killer device. And just maybe the overall dimensions of the Classic will be ergonomically superior to the Passport, enough so that the Classic will be a "must have" device.
    The ergonomy of the Classic is definitely superior to Passport, the keyboard is the same all BB users are sed to for ages, plus you can type with one hand in contrast to Passport, but on the other hand Passport has a significantly bigger display and a stunning form-factor, personally I prefer the Passport just because of that, so it depends on your priorities.
    10-20-14 10:53 AM
    Has the OP left the building for good?
    Patience, my friend, I have life too
    10-20-14 10:56 AM
    More Q's...

Can you zoom in and out with the keyboard in Maps and Browser?

Did you get a manual or pdf file with your Classic? If so, can you share it?
    1) Nope, no Alt+trackpad zoom so far.

2) No, just the phone itself, no box, no accessories, no documents
    10-20-14 10:59 AM
    While in week view, can you hold shift and drag the cursor to create an entry (longer, obviously, than the default "meeting duration" from the calendar settings, for example)?
    Nope, just tested it, but I'd give it some time. BlackBerry showed it can listen to their community, plus all the trackpad thingy is completely new since BB10, so it will take some time to bake more trackpad related functions to the OS.
    10-20-14 11:04 AM
    If you have a current bb10 phone and a blue tooth mouse, you can get a feel for the cursor in the browser. I think it works the same way, and it does go away when you take a screen shot.

Posted via CB10
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    10-20-14 11:41 AM
    Hi Ruslan,

There's one more question: I heard that the Passport does NOT support headphones with volume control (and mute button) like the Q10 did. What?s with the Classic? I fear they aren't supported here either!?
    Both volume control and music shortcuts work fine on Classic, just tested with my V-Moda Crossfade LP.
    allwi likes this.
    10-20-14 12:55 PM
    Thanks for everything Ruslan!

Is there any settings for trackpad behavior in settings or browser settings?

Posted via CB10
    Nope, didn't find anything special.
    10-20-14 12:58 PM
    Thanks for all the responses to everyone's questions.

When you're in a txt msg or bbm msg window, can you simply hit green call button to call the contact you were messaging?

If you're on a call and screen blackout, can you hangup using the end call button without reactivating the screen?
    10-20-14 01:37 PM
    I'm not sure what an eMMC is but mine was made in june of 2013 and his is from october 13.
    MMC was the precursor to SD (it stands for multimedia card IIRC) and the 'e' means embedded I think. This is the flash storage built into your phone; 16 GB on my Z10 and I'm guessing the same on the Q10.
    momofteme likes this.
    10-20-14 02:01 PM
    Ruslan is it possible to see bbm channel ?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 02:03 PM
    Thanks for all of the info so far Ruslan. :-)

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    10-20-14 03:20 PM
    Thanks for the info Ruslan!

Did you load either of the latest leaks on the Classic? .800 or .821? I'm curious what changes it might bring to the Classic. It would be cool if the trackpad lit up afterwards, but I think that's more of a hardware + software and we'd at least see it light up when the phone powers on.

Still hoping you're not on final hardware and we'll see the trackpad light up plus the 1.7 GHz S4 Pro chipset.
    merli001 likes this.
    10-20-14 03:47 PM
    Ruslan, thanks for great review and detailed feedback.

If you use the Classic for one day or more, could you please post Battery Monitor screenshot? And charging time to full 100%.

Thanks.
    Phazn likes this.
    10-20-14 04:43 PM
    Ruslan,

Thanks again SO much for posting all of the great info and Q&A. Quick question - what's your current ETA for your Classic review? I'm looking forward to it!

Thanks Again,
    Jeremy
    10-20-14 06:01 PM
    any ideas on pricing? =)
    10-20-14 08:49 PM
    Trackpad looks very convenient.
    10-20-14 10:48 PM
    Wow Ruslan, just wow for your effort to answer everyone, that's amazing really, just like the classic. Gonna wait for the initial launch and get one replacing my Q5

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 01:35 AM
    The new OS that comes native with the Passport, will the Q10 and Classic get this too when it's fully released? I heard there are some people who are not particularly pleased with not having the update... but I don't know exactly what is meant by this.

can you or anyone else shed more light on these updates?
    10-21-14 02:49 AM
    Thanks for all the responses to everyone's questions.

When you're in a txt msg or bbm msg window, can you simply hit green call button to call the contact you were messaging?

If you're on a call and screen blackout, can you hangup using the end call button without reactivating the screen?
    I'm also interested in these questions. Thanks for your time n patience Ruslan.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 03:05 AM
    Ruslan, I am running a 10.3.1 leak OS on my Z10. One thing I and many others have noticed is an issue with the volume output of notifications. You have to turn the volume of the device up a lot higher than normal to hear them. When the volume is set halfway or lower, notification sounds are more or less inaudible. The thought occurred to me that it could be because the OS version has Passport / Classic speakers / hardware in mind and isn't tweaked for loading into a Z10, yet.

Have you noticed any issues with notifications on the device?

Thanks for your input.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 07:15 AM
    The new OS that comes native with the Passport, will the Q10 and Classic get this too when it's fully released? I heard there are some people who are not particularly pleased with not having the update... but I don't know exactly what is meant by this.

can you or anyone else shed more light on these updates?
    The Passport and Porsche P9983 are currently on the latest OS series, 10.3. The Classic and the rest of the lineup will not get these updates, but they will get 10.3.1 in the coming months with the Classic launch. The Passport and P9983 should get 10.3.1 as well, so everyone should be on the same cycle at that point.

However, people are still able to load 10.3 software leaks on their current devices, they just won't receive support OFFICIALLY.

Hope that made sense.
    10-21-14 11:17 AM
391 ... 7891011 ...