Question: Can you take a picture OR a video then simply hit the Blackberry key and select "RENAME" like you previously could on the Blackberry 9900.

Question: Does the device have the ability to subscribe to podcasts like was originally possible on the 9900?

QUESTION: Does the device come with the "native" password keeper?
    10-16-14 01:35 PM
    I'd have to put black tape over the IMEI under the keyboard and on the displays to hide PINs and I'm not at home right now, maybe later

Posted via CB10 @ Passport
    You would rise to a Crackberry Legend! ;-)

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    Basti89 likes this.
    10-16-14 01:45 PM
    Hello, the Classic leaked specs say that the screen size of it is about 3.5inches diagonally. I have the blackberry 9810 torch and i was holding out upgrading my phone waiting to see if blackberry would announce a new torch slider but it doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon. I was wondering what the screen size is on the Classic's square screen horizontally/vertically to see if i lose any vertical screen size when switching. The blackberry torch 9800/9810 screen size is 3.2inches diagonally and is roughly about 2.5 inches vertically. Thanks.
    10-16-14 02:46 PM
    Does 'Alt-thumbpad left' jump the cursor all the way to the left in a sentence?
    nah.uhh likes this.
    10-16-14 02:49 PM
    Hello, the Classic leaked specs say that the screen size of it is about 3.5inches diagonally. I have the blackberry 9810 torch and i was holding out upgrading my phone waiting to see if blackberry would announce a new torch slider but it doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon. I was wondering what the screen size is on the Classic's square screen horizontally/vertically to see if i lose any vertical screen size when switching. The blackberry torch 9800/9810 screen size is 3.2inches diagonally and is roughly about 2.5 inches vertically. Thanks.
    Roughly 2.5 inches.

Posted via CB10
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    10-16-14 03:05 PM
    Not really, I had to take the phone and look closely to find out what all the people commenting my photos are ranting about. The "green" button is off and i hope they fix it for the looks sake, but otherwise the buttons feel OK, no problems here.

Hey Ruslan, thanks for the review! Are you maybe near Ostrava, Czeski Cieszyn, Havirov?? I would like to check the Passport and Classic on my own

Posted via Q10Bold
    10-16-14 03:52 PM
    Looks like it will be a nice improvement for anyone with a legacy phone or a Q10.
    Personally, I wish they'd gone with a larger screen.
    10-16-14 04:22 PM
    Care to post a pic? Because I've handled many Q10 keyboards, like completely out of the phone so I can feel the material and have a real good look at the frets since they stick out past the actual keyboard where they are notched into the frame. And the one in my personal use phone, none of them are showing any other color. If anything, the brushed finish on it is becoming "shiny" in some places... I would love to scratch at one with my pocket knife, but don't really want to do that on my personal phone, really wish I still had another spare keyboard laying around, but given the last one I had away to a CB member who needed it...
    I do not have another device to easily take a picture and post it at the moment. But I just pushed the top fret downward (as in toward the bottom of the device, not inward) in the very middle with my nail an it flexes just like plastic does. If it were stainless steel, it wouldn't flex as it does.

loll they are stainless steel a simple google search would reveal that. maybe the grey is painted on but i can assure you the entire frame plus the frets are stainless steel.
    Other than posts from other users, there is absolutely no verifiable information out there that states the frets are either stainless steel or plastic. And as I stated above, I just flexed the top fret and it flexes as if we're plastic; so I'm quite sure the frets are plastic just like the bottom of the bezel is plastic and not stainless steel. In fact the only fret that is specifically stated to be stainless steel is the fret along the back, which is rock solid and doesn't flex, nor does it turn black when scratched.

If you have any verifiable information that proves me wrong, then post it; otherwise keep your opinions as opinions and do not post them as facts.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 04:41 PM
    Thanks for all

Posted via CB10
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    10-16-14 04:51 PM
    Can you show us the browser using the trackpad as the cursor?
    10-16-14 05:19 PM
    I do not have another device to easily take a picture and post it at the moment. But I just pushed the top fret downward (as in toward the bottom of the device, not inward) in the very middle with my nail an it flexes just like plastic does. If it were stainless steel, it wouldn't flex as it does.

Other than posts from other users, there is absolutely no verifiable information out there that states the frets are either stainless steel or plastic. And as I stated above, I just flexed the top fret and it flexes as if we're plastic; so I'm quite sure the frets are plastic just like the bottom of the bezel is plastic and not stainless steel. In fact the only fret that is specifically stated to be stainless steel is the fret along the back, which is rock solid and doesn't flex, nor does it turn black when scratched.

If you have any verifiable information that proves me wrong, then post it; otherwise keep your opinions as opinions and do not post them as facts.

Posted via CB10
    In terms of documentation, I only have ones that speak about the frame/bezel and the rear fret. Those are milled out of a block of forged 304 stainless steel. I thought the frets are due to how they feel when they are out of the phone, but those are ends, they might feel different from the middle. I just cut my nails so I can't try to bend one, and don't want to take a pen to it or anything, but if you've done it and they flex, then you're probably right about them being plastic. I just hope in the Classic they finished them the same way, I just absolutely hate that cheap looking shiny chrome they put on cheap things...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-16-14 05:33 PM
    In terms of documentation, I only have ones that speak about the frame/bezel and the rear fret. Those are milled out of a block of forged 304 stainless steel. I thought the frets are due to how they feel when they are out of the phone, but those are ends, they might feel different from the middle. I just cut my nails so I can't try to bend one, and don't want to take a pen to it or anything, but if you've done it and they flex, then you're probably right about them being plastic. I just hope in the Classic they finished them the same way, I just absolutely hate that cheap looking shiny chrome they put on cheap things...

Yeah, the fret on the back and about 90% of the entire bezel are definitely made out of stainless steel. The back fret even feels perfectly still from end to end, but the keyboard frets are flexible in certain areas, so I'm 99% sure they are indeed made out of plastic. With enough downward pressure on the top fret, I notice all the keyboard frets flex in the very middle (like a domino effect, where the top fret pushes the keys and those in turn push the other frets.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 05:44 PM
    Yeah, the fret on the back and about 90% of the entire bezel are definitely made out of stainless steel. The back fret even feels perfectly still from end to end, but the keyboard frets are flexible in certain areas, so I'm 99% sure they are indeed made out of plastic. With enough downward pressure on the top fret, I notice all the keyboard frets flex in the very middle (like a domino effect, where the top fret pushes the keys and those in turn push the other frets.

Posted via CB10
    If that's the case, then they have to be plastic because SS is not a flexible metal. Aluminum is a bit and so is iron, but not that much, especially given the thickness. But I haven't experienced any of the coloring coming off, which is more than I could say for the crappy chrome on the frets on my 9900, so hopefully the frets in the Classic is more like the Q10's finish than the 9900 at least...

Edit: I think BB's manufacturing got better because with previous devices, the bottom plastic piece always scratched to show black, the bare stainless frame I have on my Q10, the bottom plastic piece is still colored like the stainless, no black showing through yet. Hopefully the Classic will match this.

10-16-14 05:56 PM
    If that's the case, then they have to be plastic because SS is not a flexible metal. Aluminum is a bit and so is iron, but not that much, especially given the thickness. But I haven't experienced any of the coloring coming off, which is more than I could say for the crappy chrome on the frets on my 9900, so hopefully the frets in the Classic is more like the Q10's finish than the 9900 at least...

Edit: I think BB's manufacturing got better because with previous devices, the bottom plastic piece always scratched to show black, the bare stainless frame I have on my Q10, the bottom plastic piece is still colored like the stainless, no black showing through yet. Hopefully the Classic will match this.

Mine are likely showing black since I am an extremely heavy user. I sometimes laugh when people post their battery life of 12-16 hours and claim to be heavy users when I kill my Q10's battery in approximately 6 hours (give or take half an hour) due to having the screen on almost constantly. My Android phones would die in 3-4 hours as well; so the Q10 is actually a huge upgrade for me battery life-wise, lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 06:36 PM
    Mine are likely showing black since I am an extremely heavy user. I sometimes laugh when people post their battery life of 12-16 hours and claim to be heavy users when I kill my Q10's battery in approximately 6 hours (give or take half an hour) due to having the screen on almost constantly. My Android phones would die in 3-4 hours as well; so the Q10 is actually a huge upgrade for me battery life-wise, lol.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully the Classic will have the 3150mah battery, that would be epic, maybe you can go almost a full working day, lol.

10-16-14 06:42 PM
    [QUOTE=Ricktye;10977269]Whatever are you talking about?? I've had aQ10 since launch and never had it reboot??? Is your device defective? If so, you probably should of had it repaired under warranty, or are you just trying to troll or just plain run down Blackberry or????[QUOTE=ChainPunch;10975444]

There were people reporting that they was having problems with their Q10 rebooting when it was put on a hard surfaces. I don't know how wide spread the problem was, but people on the forums was having to put paper on the inside of their devices, against the battery, to stop the rebooting problem. The white q10 did not have this problem, so I am assume it was a bad batched of black q10s that got shipped out.

I am asking honest questions about a device that I am interesting in getting, there is nothing more to it. I have only owned Blackberry smartphones and I don't think that is going to change anytime soon, as long as Blackberry continue to make "Classic" type devices with physical keyboard and tool belt.
    10-16-14 06:42 PM
    I have a white q10 and had to add the bit of card to keep it from rebooting if i set it down too hard. It is lame, but i live with it. Blackberry sent me an email survey and i through the double typing in the comments, but forgot the battery card crap.
    10-16-14 07:33 PM
    Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!!

That TOOL belt looks are WEAK, CHEAP and as PATHETIC as the original BOLD 9000 did! Sorry to offend those with sentimental feelings of the Bold 9000, but it's tool belt like this Classic does NOT eek build quality to me just by looking at those pictures:
    Uneven Tool-kit buttons
    Un-leveled Tool-kit buttons
    Too much space between those Tool-Kit Buttons

Seems like a very far off pre-production product designed and implemented by a tool.

Arrgh ... ugly! NOW we know WHY BlackBerry released the Passport FIRST even though the Classic was promised and announced months before the Passport. Original sales may spike for the Classic and then suddenly drop off.

For me:
    Proper Software of BB10.3+ as well as Hybrid Physical Keyboard in Passport negates any real need for Classic.
    Classic will still have the pop-up Call and End call screen behavior as all other BB10 devices. When it's resolved those physical buttons for Menu, Call, End Call will have no use, like that of the trackpad which the Hybrid Physical Keyboard has finally made obsolute ... and I find it impulsive just to satisfy people that just don't get it to make sales. Solution ... add Hybrid Physical Keyboard in a Q10 design with Call/End Call buttons just to satisfy and MARKET the advancement of the Hybrid Physical Keyboard that kills the Trackpad.

Death to the Trackpad ... take that witch to the fire I say! lol.
    Do you think your needs are more important then others? Love the Passport BUT when I need the on screen portion my shakey fingers hit every number/symble EXCEPT the one I want. You buy the phone that works for you, the rest of us will buy the phone that works for us. Just be happy Blackberry makes phones for everyone NOT like some other manufactures.
    RichardAitch likes this.
    10-16-14 08:38 PM
    ...or are you just trying to troll or just plain run down Blackberry or????
    I am asking honest questions about a device that I am interesting in getting, there is nothing more to it. I have only owned Blackberry smartphones and I don't think that is going to change anytime soon, as long as Blackberry continue to make "Classic" type devices with physical keyboard and tool belt.
    No worries ChainPunch - with the anonymity of the internet, some people forget their manners (assuming they have some ...)
    jakie55 likes this.
    10-16-14 11:38 PM
    Wow -- will hopefully be able to get one for myself to replace my Q10. I hope this finally gives me what I want in BB10! Looking good so far!
    10-16-14 11:49 PM
    Wow, thanks Ruslan.

I have a simple question (;

Can you use the track pad to scroll through Twitter feeds? Does it work in Android apps, say, Instagram? Thanks(:
    10-17-14 01:32 AM
    Hopefully the Classic will have the 3150mah battery, that would be epic, maybe you can go almost a full working day, lol.

3150mAh on a smaller screen that's 720x720 will last soooooo long. Cmon BlackBerry, let do it.
    10-17-14 01:35 AM
    Thanks Ruslan!

I'm using my Galaxy s5 right now while the Q10 and 9900 are in the drawer. I've been waiting for the Classic for a long time!

Can't wait....
    10-17-14 02:01 AM
    Hey Ruslan, thanks for the review! Are you maybe near Ostrava, Czeski Cieszyn, Havirov?? I would like to check the Passport and Classic on my own

Posted via Q10Bold
    Nope, on the other side of the country, in Pilsen.

10-17-14 05:53 AM
    I'll do more tests and answer the rest of the questions later when I get home, I might make the video with browser since you all want to see it

askarian, idssteve, allwi and 2 others like this.
    10-17-14 06:02 AM
391 ... 45678 ...