Thanks so much Ruslan looks like Classic is getting closer to release next month I'm hoping .Now if JC would send me one to check out .
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    10-16-14 08:29 AM
    I have one more question:

Is there a way to close an app you are using in one step, without minimizing it first? Like long-pressing Back or the End key.

From a Z30
    10-16-14 08:35 AM
    1. By changing font size or a setting, can the number of emails shown on the screen at once be increased to greater than 5?

2. On Classic, can you very easily and very quickly select 100 emails and delete them?

3. Does the search function on the Classic search within the Contact notes? i.e. not only search name and company and address

4. Can you relabel Contact phone numbers? i.e. change phone number to more than just work, mobile, home, other.

5. Does the search function search FULLY within the Remember app?
    10-16-14 08:39 AM
    Whatever are you talking about?? I've had aQ10 since launch and never had it reboot??? Is your device defective? If so, you probably should of had it repaired under warranty, or are you just trying to troll or just plain run down Blackberry or????

[QUOTE=ChainPunch;10975444]Thanks for the Q&A for the Passport and the Classic Ruslan.

I have a couple of questions:
    1. Does the Classic have the same problems that the Q10 had of rebooting when put on a hard flat surface?
    10-16-14 08:46 AM
    Is the picture password compatible with the trackpad?

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock and manant155 like this.
    10-16-14 08:49 AM
    I have one more question:

Is there a way to close an app you are using in one step, without minimizing it first? Like long-pressing Back or the End key.

From a Z30
    Nope, End key long pressing results in the same screen asi power button long pressing, back key long pressing does nothing and goes to homescreen on release. But you can close active frames by hitting BACK, so when in app you can press back twice to close an app, or even better - END and then back, because the back key takes you back one step if you're browsing the web for example, so it wouldn't switch to home screen immediately in all cases.
    sam_tek, Xenolock and flyingsolid like this.
    10-16-14 09:04 AM
    I have to tell you, that even though I have jumped back to iOS for the iPhone 6 as of now...I will always have a heart for all things BlackBerry. My main issue was that I simply did not like the all-gesture BBOS10 at all, although my last BB device (Z30) was absolutely beautiful.

When I saw this thread, my heart jumped, because I truly loved the legacy or classic BlackBerry, and thought that with some tweaks, the 9900/9930 would have beenthe ultimate BlackBerry device. In my opinion, the touchscreen was the #1 thing that made the 9900/9930 a fail. And, unfortunately...I love everything about the Classic except for the OS. Classic qwerty BB device + OS10 simply doesn't mix IMO. If BB truly wanted to make the Classic the ultimate BB legacy device, they could go back and improve on OS6 or OS7 and run the Classic on that.

True story...I would probably lay down my iPhone for that. As it is...it's a dissapointment, for me at least.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-16-14 09:06 AM
    1. By changing font size or a setting, can the number of emails shown on the screen at once be increased to greater than 5?

2. On Classic, can you very easily and very quickly select 100 emails and delete them?

3. Does the search function on the Classic search within the Contact notes? i.e. not only search name and company and address

4. Can you relabel Contact phone numbers? i.e. change phone number to more than just work, mobile, home, other.

5. Does the search function search FULLY within the Remember app?

1) The default font size is 8, when set to the lowest size 5 you'll get 8 emails in the hub, but the text is really small, I wouldn't do that, but you can.

2) It's pretty easy, because you can hold shift and scroll down with the trackpad to select emails.

3) No, just tested, but it's a software issue

4) No, software issue again, the Classic I got is running OS 10.3.1.632, so if that option appears, you'll know from the new leak thread

5) I just created a Remember note with a word CrackBerry in it, than searched for keyword CrackBerry and the name of the note was in search results, so I'd say yes.
    sam_tek likes this.
    10-16-14 09:13 AM
    Thanks for the Q&A for the Passport and the Classic Ruslan.

I have a couple of questions:
    1. Does the Classic have the same problems that the Q10 had of rebooting when put on a hard flat surface?

I've been using a Q10 for 2 weeks last year and didn't run into this issue, my friend owns a Q10 for about a year and never complained about this issue, Classic is laying around my house for two days and it also didn't reboot itself, so it might be a matter of some defective units, not sure, I didn't do a research on this issue.
    10-16-14 09:16 AM
    Is the picture password compatible with the trackpad?

Posted via CB10

No, just tried it, nice question.
    10-16-14 09:18 AM
    [QUOTE=Ruslan Botsyurko;10977366]
    Whatever are you talking about?? I've had aQ10 since launch and never had it reboot??? Is your device defective? If so, you probably should of had it repaired under warranty, or are you just trying to troll or just plain run down Blackberry or????

I've been using a Q10 for 2 weeks last year and didn't run into this issue, Classic is laying around my house for two days and it also didn't reboot itself, so it might be a matter of some defective units, not sure, I didn't do a research on this issue.
    Some Q10's had a "loose" battery that lost contact when bumped. Like setting on a table. Probably due to production tolerance stackup, IMO. Business card or tape usually "fixed" it. Most are hoping the Classic's fixed battery "fixed" the issue.

How's the Classic battery holding up??
    10-16-14 09:21 AM
    How does the trackpad work in apps, both blackberry and Android? are you still getting a cursor or are you getting scrolling?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 09:25 AM
    Lots of good info in here. The bit about having a cursor in the browser is sure to make some people happy, even if it is "old" tech... most people on BBOS are obviously not looking for what's going on in the high end phones.

What is the price range this thing is expected to fall in? Everything I'm seeing here sets this thing up to be a mid-level phone. $299 off contract? $399?
    It has nothing to do with what is old or high end. It's all to do with efficiency. The reason why I like having a cursor on screen while using the trackpad is to click on small links on desktop versions of webpages. The way it is now I always have to zoom in to click anything and it's annoying...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Xenolock and nah.uhh like this.
    10-16-14 09:35 AM
    how's battery life in comparison to passport?
    10-16-14 09:48 AM
    How does the trackpad work in apps, both blackberry and Android? are you still getting a cursor or are you getting scrolling?

Posted via CB10
    No cursor in other apps, including android (just tested on SoundCloud), it scrolls and highlights active items such as buttons or links.
    10-16-14 09:48 AM
    how's battery life in comparison to passport?

Can't tell yet,I have the device since tuesday and I'm using Passport so I could write my full review ASAP and switch to the Classic.
    10-16-14 09:50 AM
    Thanks, Ruslan, for the Q&A. Great idea!
    10-16-14 09:58 AM
    Are you allowed to post a youtube video showing use and app navigation functionality with the trackpad on the Classic?

I think most are real curious exactly how the trackpad works within productivity apps and their menus.
    10-16-14 10:55 AM
    Are you allowed to post a youtube video showing use and app navigation functionality with the trackpad on the Classic?

I think most are real curious exactly how the trackpad works within productivity apps and their menus.
    Here's one DHABKIRK and DTBLACKBERRY put together that shows it in action.

10-16-14 10:58 AM
    The patience with which you are answering everyone's questions. Hats off really. Thanks a lot for all the information you have provided
    10-16-14 11:07 AM
    The patience with which you are answering everyone's questions. Hats off really. Thanks a lot for all the information you have provided
    Absolutely. That's great advertising for BlackBerry. Nothing beats good word of mouth from someone who owns one.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-16-14 12:01 PM
    Rus, do the toolbelt buttons feel wobbly? Because they look wobbly and cheap.
    10-16-14 12:13 PM
    thanks Rulsan.

that small row of tool belt makes me think. i have fat fingers and as you said, there will be times that the screen will be touched when using the trackpad.

I have few favors to ask if you dont mind.

- can you show us what the word suggestions look like when composing a message? for me, the implementation of word suggestions in BB10 is one of its asset. as a Z10 user, i really love that i can use them without moving my hands away from the keyboard itself and it does not distract my momentum when typing.
    - while testing the previous item, can you compose a long message? doesnt matter if its full of nonsense (multiple line of letter A will do) as i only want to see how the screen looks like when its more than 3rows.
    - you've mentioned before that you can select multiple entries in the hub (specifically emails) by holding shift and scrolling on the track pad. i thought that this suggests that you are selecting consecutive emails. is there a way to select emails that are far from each other (sorry i cant think of the right words ) ie, select 1st, 3rd, 6th entry in the hub.
    - to select multiple files in file manager using a full touch device, you tap and hold an item and select 'select more' from the over flow. in classic, is there other ways to do this? im thinking that the shift + track pad might work with this and it may be for consecutive files, so maybe selecting separate files will be a good test for this. i tend to leave things as is until i have free time thats why i end up having many files that i dont need so i always do this

ahm... this is all i can think of as of now. im sorry for these things might take some time to accomplish and i dont want to take too much of your time. there are too many of us asking questions. but i hope that this may help others in any way it may

thanks again. and i'll be back for more questions if something comes to my mind, especially that i'm really curious what it would feel like to use the Classic+tool belt compared to full touch Z10 and im sorry for that in advance
    sam_tek likes this.
    10-16-14 12:20 PM

I'd have to put black tape over the IMEI under the keyboard and on the displays to hide PINs and I'm not at home right now, maybe later

Posted via CB10 @ Passport
    james_1992 likes this.
    10-16-14 12:36 PM
    Rus, do the toolbelt buttons feel wobbly? Because they look wobbly and cheap.
    Not really, I had to take the phone and look closely to find out what all the people commenting my photos are ranting about. The "green" button is off and i hope they fix it for the looks sake, but otherwise the buttons feel OK, no problems here.

Posted via CB10 @ Passport
    FrankIAm likes this.
    10-16-14 12:40 PM
391 ... 34567 ...