Did you bother to refer to what the conversation was about? We are talking about how the Classic's frets are plastic like the 9900's instead of stainless steel like the Q10's...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I don't think the frets on the Q10 are stainless steel. My top fret is rubbing off and it shows black underneath toward the middle where I swipe up the most often.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 10:30 PM
    The software buttons and hardware buttons seems to overlap.
    Could be improved by changing the soft button design?

Even so, both look good in the home screen.
    10-15-14 11:47 PM
    The Classic looks awesome!

I'm probably sticking with all touch but I think BlackBerry have a real winner with the Classic.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-15-14 11:53 PM
    Thanks for all your information.
    Is it possible to assign keyboard shortcuts to lock and password lock the phone?
    When in a BBM chat, does the trackpad placement appear like a cursor like it used to in BBOS?
    Thanks again
    10-16-14 12:38 AM
    I don't think the frets on the Q10 are stainless steel. My top fret is rubbing off and it shows black underneath toward the middle where I swipe up the most often.

Posted via CB10
    Care to post a pic? Because I've handled many Q10 keyboards, like completely out of the phone so I can feel the material and have a real good look at the frets since they stick out past the actual keyboard where they are notched into the frame. And the one in my personal use phone, none of them are showing any other color. If anything, the brushed finish on it is becoming "shiny" in some places... I would love to scratch at one with my pocket knife, but don't really want to do that on my personal phone, really wish I still had another spare keyboard laying around, but given the last one I had away to a CB member who needed it...
    10-16-14 12:55 AM
    The Classic looks great!

How is the battery life on this device?
    10-16-14 01:55 AM
    Is able to rotate the Classic's screen?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 02:29 AM
    Thank you very much for sharing Ruslan. Are you sure this is a final production model? It definitely has the newest frame out of the leaks out there.

I'm a bit disappointed the MSM8960AB isn't being used and that the trackpad doesn't light up.

Thanks
    10-16-14 03:06 AM
    Come to papa!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 03:29 AM
    1) How do android apps run? About the same as passport or worse?

2) Does the phone get very hot from running the android apps? Does the battery drain noticeably quicker?

3) if you have a slimport hdmi adapter, can the phone charge pretty well while connected to a larger screen and running video? Or does it discharge at a slower rate?

4) Is there a certain button combo to go from any app to the hub? How about from the hub to the active frames page?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 06:50 AM
    Alright, ty for the q&a so far. I guess for tomorrow, can you let me know how the call button acts?

Meaning from the home screen, when you pressed the call button once, I assume the call screen will open, if you press the call button again, would it call the latest entry in your call log? Or does it not do anything?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I'll let you know later, now my SIM is in Passport

Posted via CB10 @ Passport
    10-16-14 06:59 AM
    Thanks SO much for taking the time to post all of the information and answer all of the questions - it has been VERY helpful!

Quick question - Is there any way for you to tell how big the internal battery is? I realize you don't want to open it so I'm not sure whether this is possible. There seems to be uncertainty whether the final battery will be 2515 or larger so I am curious to hear what your phone has in it? Thanks very much!
    I can't think of a way to figure it out, if you find one that is undestructive, let me know

10-16-14 07:02 AM
    +1000 thanks, Russian. Best info yet! If you return please note what you can on battery endurance. Thanks again! .
    Will let you know about the battery later, I have both devices, but might have to return the Passport earlier than Classic (the Passport is still not available officially on Czech market), so I gotta use the Passport as my primary device now to be able to write a full review and then I'll switch to Classic

10-16-14 07:09 AM
    Thanks for all your information.
    Is it possible to assign keyboard shortcuts to lock and password lock the phone?
    When in a BBM chat, does the trackpad placement appear like a cursor like it used to in BBOS?
    Thanks again
    Yes, you can assign a button to lock the device, I can't check BBM right now, cause my BBM account is loaded in the Passport now, I'll answer later when I switch devices
    Got my paws on the BlackBerry Classic (HQ photos, Q&A)-img_20141016_121136.png
    10-16-14 07:17 AM
    Is able to rotate the Classic's screen?

Posted via CB10
    Nope and also no rotation lock option in the Quick Launch menu. But that's a software issue, if enough users reach out to BB that they need it, they might add the feature.
    10-16-14 07:20 AM
    Thank you very much for sharing Ruslan. Are you sure this is a final production model? It definitely has the newest frame out of the leaks out there.

I'm a bit disappointed the MSM8960AB isn't being used and that the trackpad doesn't light up.

Thanks
    No, I'm not sure it is a final product, I never claimed it and I'm not able to find out how old my pre-production model is.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    10-16-14 07:22 AM
    1) How do android apps run? About the same as passport or worse?

2) Does the phone get very hot from running the android apps? Does the battery drain noticeably quicker?

3) if you have a slimport hdmi adapter, can the phone charge pretty well while connected to a larger screen and running video? Or does it discharge at a slower rate?

4) Is there a certain button combo to go from any app to the hub? How about from the hub to the active frames page?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I'll probably disappoint you, but I can't answer your first 3 questions just yet, I will later. I have to use Passport now to be able to publish a full review ASAP nad then switch to Classic, so I installed all my native and android apps only on Passport and at the same time I can't tell how long the battery lasts on Classic and I do not have a SlimPort to HDMI adapter, I'll be buying it together with a USB OTG adapter after I get my own Passport

4) No need for a combo, you just press the END CALL button, it takes you back to homescreen from wherever you are (including the hub).�
    10-16-14 07:27 AM
    What's the speakers like on it are they as good as the z30?

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3247
    10-16-14 07:31 AM
    Lots of good info in here. The bit about having a cursor in the browser is sure to make some people happy, even if it is "old" tech... most people on BBOS are obviously not looking for what's going on in the high end phones.

What is the price range this thing is expected to fall in? Everything I'm seeing here sets this thing up to be a mid-level phone. $299 off contract? $399?
    10-16-14 07:57 AM
    Lots of good info in here. The bit about having a cursor in the browser is sure to make some people happy, even if it is "old" tech... most people on BBOS are obviously not looking for what's going on in the high end phones.

What is the price range this thing is expected to fall in? Everything I'm seeing here sets this thing up to be a mid-level phone. $299 off contract? $399?
    From my source it should be 12-13k CZK, which is up to 600 USD, but the price will vary depending on VAT, we have 21% VAT in the Czech Republic, so it would be 474 USD baseline price + VAT of whatever country/state you are in. I don't say these are the final prices, but this is what my source told me and he was right last time about the Passport price
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    10-16-14 08:07 AM
    Awesome, thanks for sharing!
    10-16-14 08:09 AM
    What's the speakers like on it are they as good as the z30?

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3247

I don't have a Z30 on me to compare directly, but I'd say the Classic gets close, Passport is a bit louder.
    10-16-14 08:12 AM
    Battery life battery life and battery life??
    10-16-14 08:17 AM
    This is just a general message for everyone who is disappointed with the 1.5ghz in the Classic. Just would like to remind you that the BlackBerry Passport leaked with a 2.15ghz quad core and with 3,400 mAh battery.

The final product received a 2.2 ghz and 3,450mah. So I'm still holding out hope that the final product will indeed have a 1.7ghz dual core same as the Z30.

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    allwi likes this.
    10-16-14 08:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    loll they are stainless steel a simple google search would reveal that. maybe the grey is painted on but i can assure you the entire frame plus the frets are stainless steel.
    10-16-14 08:24 AM
391 ... 23456 ...