Open this in the Browser:

file:///pps/services/hw_info/inventory

Would settle CPU and RAM debate, since this looks pretty final.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 08:37 PM
    1) No peek, you can only get to the Hub by swiping left on the trackpad when you're on homescreen, otherwise you'd have to use the touchscreen.

2) It's basically the same.

3) Yes, very easy - just press the END CALL button on the tool belt, or longpress BACK.

4) The other way around, I was hitting the touch screen by mistake when using the trackpad, hopefully it gets better after you get used to the tiny trackpad.

5) It's very easy to operate the Classic with one hand, it fits nicely in my hand and I can reach from corner to corner with just one thumb, so it's not a problem.
    So to clarify the "no peek" Comment. if you swipe up on the bezel (say over the back button) will the gesture cause peak, or do you have to use buttons to get into the active frames and hub?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 08:41 PM
    Thanks from me also Ruslan, very informative, and thanks for answering all the questions...some twice.

I enjoyed your review on your site also...I LOL several times at the translation, but I understood almost everything, and really appreciate the outdoor pictures to show off the screen that all the doubters around here have been going on about.
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    10-15-14 08:42 PM
    Maybe they'll offer it for a good price,.. who knows... doesn't have to be a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    If I wanted a budget device I would buy a Q5 or Z3...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    10-15-14 08:43 PM
    Don't get me wrong, the build quality is amazing, it doesn't feel cheap at all, it feels even more solid than the Bold 9900 and I still have 3 massive dents in my wooden table after showing my friend how stiff the Bold was
    I don't really care to compare to the Bold 9900, I compare to the Q10, which has a stainless frame/bezel, and stainless steel frets. I hate downgrading...

10-15-14 08:45 PM
    Open this in the Browser:

file:///pps/services/hw_info/inventory

Would settle CPU and RAM debate, since this looks pretty final.

Posted via CB10
    Clever idea Thurask
    Got my paws on the BlackBerry Classic (HQ photos, Q&A)-img_20141016_014133.pngGot my paws on the BlackBerry Classic (HQ photos, Q&A)-img_20141016_014139.png
    10-15-14 08:45 PM
    Look the Classic came about because their was enough feedback from Enterprise Customers and regular folks about what they wanted in a phone and the lack luster sales of the Q10. Lets stay on track everyone and keeps this a Q and A. If you don't like the classic that is fine and well, but clearly there are some people that are looking for the Classic as their device of choice over anything else.
    manant155 and Bbnivende like this.
    10-15-14 08:46 PM
    So to clarify the "no peek" Comment. if you swipe up on the bezel (say over the back button) will the gesture cause peak, or do you have to use buttons to get into the active frames and hub?

Posted via CB10

The touch-enabled bezels work the same way as on other BB10 devices, so you don't have to use keyboard to get to hub. The question was if one could peek to Hub by using only the keyboard and the touchpad
    Xenolock likes this.
    10-15-14 08:48 PM
    Clever idea Thurask
    I assume part of the strategy to capture the BBOS market is to give them the familiar feeling of buying yesterday's tech today.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 08:48 PM
    Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!!

That TOOL belt looks are WEAK, CHEAP and as PATHETIC as the original BOLD 9000 did! Sorry to offend those with sentimental feelings of the Bold 9000, but it's tool belt like this Classic does NOT eek build quality to me just by looking at those pictures:
    Uneven Tool-kit buttons
    Un-leveled Tool-kit buttons
    Too much space between those Tool-Kit Buttons

Seems like a very far off pre-production product designed and implemented by a tool.

Arrgh ... ugly! NOW we know WHY BlackBerry released the Passport FIRST even though the Classic was promised and announced months before the Passport. Original sales may spike for the Classic and then suddenly drop off.

For me:
    Proper Software of BB10.3+ as well as Hybrid Physical Keyboard in Passport negates any real need for Classic.
    Classic will still have the pop-up Call and End call screen behavior as all other BB10 devices. When it's resolved those physical buttons for Menu, Call, End Call will have no use, like that of the trackpad which the Hybrid Physical Keyboard has finally made obsolute ... and I find it impulsive just to satisfy people that just don't get it to make sales. Solution ... add Hybrid Physical Keyboard in a Q10 design with Call/End Call buttons just to satisfy and MARKET the advancement of the Hybrid Physical Keyboard that kills the Trackpad.

Death to the Trackpad ... take that witch to the fire I say! lol.
    Wow, how interesting. Thanks for stopping by...

Thunderbuck and Bbnivende like this.
    10-15-14 08:49 PM
    I don't really care to compare to the Bold 9900, I compare to the Q10, which has a stainless frame/bezel, and stainless steel frets. I hate downgrading...

How is it a downgrade when it's made of the same material? The Classic appears to have the same frets and same stainless steel bezel, except silver instead of black. The Q10 has plastic at the bottom too.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    10-15-14 08:50 PM
    How is it a downgrade when it's made of the same material? The Classic appears to have the same frets and same stainless steel bezel, except silver instead of black. The Q10 has plastic at the bottom too.

JB

Did you bother to refer to what the conversation was about? We are talking about how the Classic's frets are plastic like the 9900's instead of stainless steel like the Q10's...

10-15-14 08:53 PM
    Supa_Fly1..
    opinion, opinion, opinion, then some facts with weak and divergent conclusions. If the software "fix" will make the toolbelt useless, why have we been waiting two years for it? Why are we STILL waiting for it? You do realize that we need it to work RIGHT NOW don't you? You can play with your toys as you see fit. I am only replacing my device with one that is more productive, not flashier.

I have a Q10 and miss my Bold. I hate touchscreen because guess what, I touch it and it is frequently calling people by itself. I do not watch videos on a small screen or play any app games. When I have time to do so I sit down at a full computer or big screen TV.

User interface is the key. When in the office I have the full desktop with multiple monitors, custom keyboard and mouse, speakers, yada yada. I don't even pull out my BB unless I want to make a phone call. On the road I have other work to do, with my hands. If I need more than GPS, email, or simple browser lookups, I pull out my laptop. Again, bigger screen, more powerful CPU and Apps, better connectivity. So, I have little need of a small device that can do everything. Make phone calls, answer email, txting, GPS, basic web searches, that's pretty much it. With the proper user interface you work more efficiently, you're more productive.

If you don't like it, that's fine. Learn that others have different opinions and get on with your life. Meanwhile I've been sufficiently distracted, so I'll shut up now.
    Last edited by verteron; 10-15-14 at 09:06 PM. Reason: subject unclear
    jmimac351 and RichardAitch like this.
    10-15-14 08:56 PM
    Did you bother to refer to what the conversation was about? We are talking about how the Classic's frets are plastic like the 9900's instead of stainless steel like the Q10's...

I wouldn't worry that much about the frets. As I said - you can't really touch them, barely the top one with your nail, and the plastic looks like metal, so I wouldn't even notice if you didn't ask
    10-15-14 08:57 PM
    Off to get some sleep, will reply to more questions later.
    southlander and Thunderbuck like this.
    10-15-14 08:58 PM
    I wouldn't worry that much about the frets. As I said - you can't really touch them, barely the top one with your nail, and the plastic looks like metal, so I wouldn't even notice if you didn't ask
    Ok, I guess it wouldn't be as much of an issue if you don't touch it, since on the 9900 the frets would be squeaky since they were plastic...

Q10Bold likes this.
    10-15-14 09:04 PM
    Off to get some sleep, will reply to more questions later.
    Alright, ty for the q&a so far. I guess for tomorrow, can you let me know how the call button acts?

Meaning from the home screen, when you pressed the call button once, I assume the call screen will open, if you press the call button again, would it call the latest entry in your call log? Or does it not do anything?

10-15-14 09:06 PM

I was always suspicious about whether the Q10's frets were, in fact, stainless steel. The Classic's frets look identical to the Q10's. I haven't taken apart the Q10 to know for sure, but they definitely look the same.

JB

10-15-14 09:09 PM
    I assume part of the strategy to capture the BBOS market is to give them the familiar feeling of buying yesterday's tech today.

Posted via CB10
    LOL....sort of

I just looked through my VZW Q10 hw_info, and it is almost Identical except up at the top where his board type is classicROW mine is R084 I have board revision 12 where his is 07. I'm not sure what an eMMC is but mine was made in june of 2013 and his is from october 13.

That looks scarily like a way to use up leftover Q10 inventory.

Attachment 306385

Attachment 306386

Attachment 306387
    Last edited by momofteme; 10-15-14 at 09:28 PM.
    10-15-14 09:14 PM
    Thanks SO much for taking the time to post all of the information and answer all of the questions - it has been VERY helpful!

Quick question - Is there any way for you to tell how big the internal battery is? I realize you don't want to open it so I'm not sure whether this is possible. There seems to be uncertainty whether the final battery will be 2515 or larger so I am curious to hear what your phone has in it? Thanks very much!
    10-15-14 09:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    This has been my argument so far, hehe.

Anyways, still love the device. Sad to see the uneven toolbelt, it makes me uneasy. And plastic frets, they chipped off on my 9900 after a couple of months of use. Had to remove all the paint so it would match, because it also made me uneasy.
    10-15-14 09:20 PM
    Supa_Fly1..
    opinion, opinion, opinion, then some facts ....... With the proper user interface you work more efficiently, you're more productive.

If you don't like it, that's fine. Learn that others have different opinions and get on with your life. Meanwhile I've been sufficiently distracted, so I'll shut up now.
    ^^^You say a lot of good statements but not sure who it's directed towards or what your final point is regarding this thread topic?

Hardware list above seems to match speculative leaked info. I feel it is a bit lacking but we'll see how its retail price vs performance vs battery life all add up in the end product.

Like what I see and read in this thread. It's not BBOS in modern hardware like I want but it's the closest choice I have if I don't wish to wait for a clock symbol in the center of my phone screen and have a keyboard.
    10-15-14 09:39 PM
    I was always suspicious about whether the Q10's frets were, in fact, stainless steel. The Classic's frets look identical to the Q10's. I haven't taken apart the Q10 to know for sure, but they definitely look the same.

JB

They are. They are attached to the keyboard assembly. If you hold the keyboard assembly outside of the phone, the ends of the frets stick out, and you can feel that they are stiff like metal, not plastic...

10-15-14 09:46 PM
    I was about to take a photo of the keyboard assembly by itself to show the frets sticking out but apparently I'm out of spare keyboards, lol.

10-15-14 09:48 PM
    +1000 thanks, Russian. Best info yet! If you return please note what you can on battery endurance. Thanks again! .
    10-15-14 09:53 PM
391 12345 ...