The cursor appears when you touch the trackpad in browser and you can scroll by moving it to the bottom/top and further. It disappears when you touch the screen.
    I think you just made all of the future Classic owners wet their pants with joy. This has got to be like the number one question I've seen asked about the track pad on the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Ruslan Botsyurko and sam_tek like this.
    10-15-14 07:07 PM
    10-15-14 07:09 PM
    Thanks for your post! Which BlackBerry did u like better? Passport or Classic?

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-15-14 07:09 PM
    Translation link didn't work for me

https://translate.googleusercontent....-vHp3ZxstU1myw
    Weird, it still worked for me, but I edited the OP to match your link.
    10-15-14 07:11 PM
    Blah, hope they haven't reverted to using cheap crappy plastic...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Maybe they'll offer it for a good price,.. who knows... doesn't have to be a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 07:14 PM
    Thanks for your post! Which BlackBerry did u like better? Passport or Classic?

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network

The Passport!! There's nothing wrong with the Classic, it's just my subjective view, but I love the form-factor and the huge display on Passport, I've been using a Z10 all the time, so I didn't want my future device to have a smaller screen.
    10-15-14 07:14 PM
    The Classic will definitely be my next device. I have a Q10 and a Z10. How does the Classic feel compared to the 9900?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 07:16 PM
    Blah, hope they haven't reverted to using cheap crappy plastic...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10

Don't get me wrong, the build quality is amazing, it doesn't feel cheap at all, it feels even more solid than the Bold 9900 and I still have 3 massive dents in my wooden table after showing my friend how stiff the Bold was
    10-15-14 07:16 PM
    The Classic will definitely be my next device. I have a Q10 and a Z10. How does the Classic feel compared to the 9900?
    I don't have the 9900 anymore so I couldn't compare side to side, but it feels more premium, a bit heavier (not 100% sure though, it's been a long time) and more comfortable to touch because of the textured back, I never liked the plain surface of the 9900 back-door.
    10-15-14 07:18 PM
    Ruslan, you are our hero for answering questions, thank you very kindly!! Your web page article is very nice also.

Interesting point you make about the actual size of the trackpad area being much smaller than the Bold causing some issues of touching the bottom of screen at times using the trackpad.

This is what I mean by a square box sub menu when you press and hold the trackpad in most apps...
    Got my paws on the BlackBerry Classic (HQ photos, Q&A)-viber-2-prohp.net.png

Last question, if you are allowed, please post screen shots of the productivity apps...email, calender, memo, tasks?

Thank you again for any help.
    10-15-14 07:25 PM
    Is the entire bezel made of metal, or is it like the Q10 where most of the bezel is metal but the bottom portion is made of hard plastic?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 07:35 PM
    Thanks for the Q&A for the Passport and the Classic Ruslan.

I have a couple of questions:
    1. Does the Classic have the same problems that the Q10 had of rebooting when put on a hard flat surface?
    2. What happen when you press the blackberry button from the home screen?
    3. Does the Classic have problems of slowness when you build up a good number of text messages without deleting them?
    4. Does the camera seem slow when taking pictures?
    5. What happens if you have the web browser open and hit the end button on the phone, does it return you to the home screen?
    6. What happens when you press the call button at the home screen, does it bring you to the recent call list?
    greenberry666 and F1 JV like this.
    10-15-14 07:36 PM
    Great job Ruslan. You are our BlackBerry hero. You and dhabkirk!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 07:41 PM
    Ruslan, you are our hero for answering questions, thank you very kindly!! Your web page article is very nice also.

Interesting point you make about the actual size of the trackpad area being much smaller than the Bold causing some issues of touching the bottom of screen at times using the trackpad.

This is what I mean by a square box sub menu when you press and hold the trackpad in most apps...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Viber-2-PROHP.NET.png 
Views:	4351 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	306359

Last question, if you are allowed, please post screen shots of the productivity apps...email, calender, memo, tasks?

Thank you again for any help.
    I am allowed, but I have to manually blur the pins every time and there's nothing new to see there really, you can load the same OS version on a Q10 using the leak and you'd probably get the same results. But here are a few:
    Got my paws on the BlackBerry Classic (HQ photos, Q&A)-img_20141016_003208.pngGot my paws on the BlackBerry Classic (HQ photos, Q&A)-img_20141016_003221.png
    Got my paws on the BlackBerry Classic (HQ photos, Q&A)-img_20141016_003509.pngGot my paws on the BlackBerry Classic (HQ photos, Q&A)-img_20141016_003528.png

And here's what you see instead of the box sub menu:
    Got my paws on the BlackBerry Classic (HQ photos, Q&A)-img_20141015_235920.png
    10-15-14 07:45 PM
    Is the entire bezel made of metal, or is it like the Q10 where most of the bezel is metal but the bottom portion is made of hard plastic?

Posted via CB10

The bottom part is plastic, probably because of antennas, I just tapped it with a metal spoon to figure out
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    10-15-14 07:48 PM
    What are the frets made of?
    10-15-14 07:52 PM
    The bottom part is plastic, probably because of antennas, I just dinged it with a metal spoon to figure out
    Yeah this is pretty much the case with most metal bezels. Sucks

Posted via CB10
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    10-15-14 07:52 PM
    What are the frets made of?
    Probably plastic, I already answered that question
    flyingsolid likes this.
    10-15-14 07:55 PM
    1) I like the build quality, it's a pretty heavy, solid piece of quality materials, it just feels like BlackBerry and the tool belt is very useful.
    Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!!

That TOOL belt looks are WEAK, CHEAP and as PATHETIC as the original BOLD 9000 did! Sorry to offend those with sentimental feelings of the Bold 9000, but it's tool belt like this Classic does NOT eek build quality to me just by looking at those pictures:
    Uneven Tool-kit buttons
    Un-leveled Tool-kit buttons
    Too much space between those Tool-Kit Buttons

Seems like a very far off pre-production product designed and implemented by a tool.

Arrgh ... ugly! NOW we know WHY BlackBerry released the Passport FIRST even though the Classic was promised and announced months before the Passport. Original sales may spike for the Classic and then suddenly drop off.

For me:
    Proper Software of BB10.3+ as well as Hybrid Physical Keyboard in Passport negates any real need for Classic.
    Classic will still have the pop-up Call and End call screen behavior as all other BB10 devices. When it's resolved those physical buttons for Menu, Call, End Call will have no use, like that of the trackpad which the Hybrid Physical Keyboard has finally made obsolute ... and I find it impulsive just to satisfy people that just don't get it to make sales. Solution ... add Hybrid Physical Keyboard in a Q10 design with Call/End Call buttons just to satisfy and MARKET the advancement of the Hybrid Physical Keyboard that kills the Trackpad.

Death to the Trackpad ... take that witch to the fire I say! lol.
    10-15-14 08:00 PM
    The bottom part is plastic, probably because of antennas, I just tapped it with a metal spoon to figure out
    That's disappointing. The only things I do not like about my Q10 are the fact that the bottom part of the bezel and the keyboard frets are plastic.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 08:02 PM
    Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!!

That TOOL belt looks are WEAK, CHEAP and as PATHETIC as the original BOLD 9000 did! Sorry to offend those with sentimental feelings of the Bold 9000, but it's tool belt like this Classic does NOT eek build quality to me just by looking at those pictures:
    Uneven Tool-kit buttons
    Un-leveled Tool-kit buttons
    Too much space between those Tool-Kit Buttons

Seems like a very far off pre-production product designed and implemented by a tool.

Arrgh ... ugly! NOW we know WHY BlackBerry released the Passport FIRST even though the Classic was promised and announced months before the Passport. Original sales may spike for the Classic and then suddenly drop off.

For me:
    Proper Software of BB10.3+ as well as Hybrid Physical Keyboard in Passport negates any real need for Classic.
    Classic will still have the pop-up Call and End call screen behavior as all other BB10 devices. When it's resolved those physical buttons for Menu, Call, End Call will have no use, like that of the trackpad which the Hybrid Physical Keyboard has finally made obsolute ... and I find it impulsive just to satisfy people that just don't get it to make sales. Solution ... add Hybrid Physical Keyboard in a Q10 design with Call/End Call buttons just to satisfy and MARKET the advancement of the Hybrid Physical Keyboard that kills the Trackpad.

Death to the Trackpad ... take that witch to the fire I say! lol.
    Enter the forum members who always HAS to come in and mess everything up. Didn't we learn from the last thread?

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky, xBURK and Bbnivende like this.
    10-15-14 08:02 PM
    I have a few questions too:

1) Is there a way to peek into the Hub using only buttons, not gestures?

2) Does the Phone app look and work the same as all the other BB10s, or are there differences?

3) Is there a way to minimize apps into active frames using just buttons?

4) Did you find that you were hitting the trackpad when swiping up from the bottom of the screen? If so, did that have any effect on the functioning of the swipe-up, Peek, or access to the Hub?

5) Did you find it easy, difficult, or impossible to operate and/or type on the Classic one handed?

Thanks in advance!

From a Z30
    10-15-14 08:24 PM
    I have no questions to add to the bunch that have already been asked, but wanted to thank Ruslan for his patience and thoroughness in answering all the questions.

Being a person who's considering buying the Classic (off contract), all this information is useful.
    10-15-14 08:33 PM
    Enter the forum members who always HAS to come in and mess everything up. Didn't we learn from the last thread?

Posted via CB10
    QFT. Way too many vain people. It's a tool, not jewelry. Don't like it, get something else.

I would easily sacrifice looks for functionality and efficiency.
    10-15-14 08:34 PM
    I have a few questions too:

1) Is there a way to peek into the Hub using only buttons, not gestures?

2) Does the Phone app look and work the same as all the other BB10s, or are there differences?

3) Is there a way to minimize apps into active frames using just buttons?

4) Did you find that you were hitting the trackpad when swiping up from the bottom of the screen? If so, did that have any effect on the functioning of the swipe-up, Peek, or access to the Hub?

5) Did you find it easy, difficult, or impossible to operate and/or type on the Classic one handed?

Thanks in advance!

From a Z30
    1) No peek, you can only get to the Hub by swiping left on the trackpad when you're on homescreen, otherwise you'd have to use the touchscreen.

2) It's basically the same.

3) Yes, very easy - just press the END CALL button on the tool belt, or longpress BACK.

4) The other way around, I was hitting the touch screen by mistake when using the trackpad, hopefully it gets better after you get used to the tiny trackpad.

5) It's very easy to operate the Classic with one hand, it fits nicely in my hand and I can reach from corner to corner with just one thumb, so it's not a problem.
    Xenolock and idssteve like this.
    10-15-14 08:35 PM
391 1234 ...