Depends on how much stuff is syncing. How many contacts, emails, photos, etc. Should settle down IF that's what's happening.

You'll have to give specifics for anyone to judge. There was a guy on here at one point that said he syncs and keeps like 80,000 emails on his phone. So, ya never know.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-23-14 02:10 AM
    Depends on how much stuff is syncing. How many contacts, emails, photos, etc. Should settle down IF that's what's happening.

You'll have to give specifics for anyone to judge. There was a guy on here at one point that said he syncs and keeps like 80,000 emails on his phone. So, ya never know.

That sounds like it could legitimately take three or four days on a good wifi connection to sync... It takes an hour or two and I think I only have around 3000.

Nonetheless this was what I was afraid of when I saw the specs were official. Definitely skipping the classic.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 02:43 AM
    The Q10 did this when I first got it and it did this every time I loaded a leak and have to start set up all over or restore from backup, it should stop in a few days depending on how many accounts are being synced. Device monitor as mentioned will also help you see what's sucking up all the juice....enjoy! The passport although didn't freeze I'm sure because of the hardware, but the battery life and speed didn't come through until close to a week after
    12-23-14 03:42 AM
    Maybe it's slow at processing graphics, what GPU does the Classic have?
    12-23-14 03:57 AM
    Hi everyone,

I just picked up the Classic yesterday after having the 9700 for the last five years. I am finding that the Classic freezes up fairly regularly and I have to wait several seconds before I can do anything with it. It does this frequently even after a fresh reboot and nothing running.

I can't tell if this is a common experience or if I simply have a lemon. Can anyone else chime in with their experience so far?
    ...pull the battery.

(Just kidding on that BTW.)
    12-23-14 05:15 AM
    As we all know,

specs don't matter because BB10 is super duper therefore...
    Funny, I was just having this same conversation with my Apple fanatic coworkers when my iTunes account got stuck in an infinite password loop and my Safari browser kept crashing.

Apparently Apple products don't cure cancer, end world hunger and bring about world peace like they said. ;-)

Jokes aside, all products have glitches. Hopefully some of the more useful monitoring comments above will help OP resolve as opposed to snide comments for or against BlackBerry 10 (which i've had issues with becoming slow lately)
    12-23-14 07:05 AM
    Funny, I was just having this same conversation with my Apple fanatic coworkers when my iTunes account got stuck in an infinite password loop and my Safari browser kept crashing.

Apparently Apple products don't cure cancer, end world hunger and bring about world peace like they said. ;-)

Jokes aside, all products have glitches. Hopefully some of the more useful monitoring comments above will help OP resolve as opposed to snide comments for or against BlackBerry 10 (which i've had issues with becoming slow lately)
    Talking about iTunes is opening a whole new can of worms, because then we have to talk about Blackberry Link, and you only need to look at this community or use it yourself to know how much of a car crash that is lol
    12-23-14 07:34 AM
    I've had lots of problems with new BB10 devices straight out of the box. Now I always do a complete wipe of the device before I set it up. This has eliminated a ton of maddening issues for me.
    I have never had a single problem out of the box for the dozens and dozens of BB10 devices that we have used in our company.
    12-23-14 07:44 AM
    Talking about iTunes is opening a whole new can of worms, because then we have to talk about Blackberry Link, and you only need to look at this community or use it yourself to know how much of a car crash that is lol
    I'm not interested in whether Platform A sucks more or less than Platform B when they suck. :-) The point is there is no "holy grail" in my experience. They all have issues I want fixed. As I type this, my fracken Kindle Fire HDX is freezing lagging again after a reboot and my MacBook pro is rainbow wheeling even though I got it with extra memory. And I still can't sign into the iTunes store to buy what I wanted to buy earlier!

Trust me, I'm no fan of Link :-)

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ed-mac-982766/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...a-card-892953/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-worse-887227/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...device-834668/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-link-829695/
    12-23-14 08:17 AM
    I also saw some lag, i guess the name 'Classic' fits, it will definitely remind users of their old Bolds..
    Does it have the pretty hour glass spinning?
    12-23-14 08:34 AM
    If it helps, I thought I've frozen my Passport doing wrong stuff. I was holding the power button down to turn it off but then realized if I just waited for the screen to time out and dim, the device would become fully responsive again without needing to reset and I could close the troublesome app; if there's any similar issue..
    12-23-14 08:44 AM
    I never understood all of the crap about Link. Mine has always worked like it's supposed to...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-23-14 09:27 AM
    I'm not interested in whether Platform A sucks more or less than Platform B when they suck. :-)

Trust me, I'm no fan of Link :-)
    They all suck

The point I was trying to make through humor is:

The problem I'm seeing is Blackberry10 is becoming LIKE Microsoft Windows.

On Windows 7 (on a high spec comp 16GB RAM, SSD drive etc) Internet Explorer takes donkey years to OPEN (in comparison), browsing is a whole other bal game. This is a browser BUILT BY Microsoft, for a Microsoft operating system, yet Firefox and Chrome... 3rd party aliens to the OS are able to open and perform better and faster.

So a BB10 example...

BBM takes donkey years to open and load my (very few remaining) contacts;
    Yet alien 3rd party apps like Whatsapp open faster (with approx 200 contacts) than BBM (both messaging apps).

So yep, all systems have glitches etc, nothing is perfect, but BB's basics are far from perfect, in an industry where time is money, efficiency etc etc, they can't be churning out problematic devices, Enterprise may well be it's last lifeline, the devices need to be cost effective, but is the OS up to the task?

We shall see, to be continued?
    12-23-14 09:39 AM
    I never understood all of the crap about Link. Mine has always worked like it's supposed to...

You are very lucky - see above my experience.
    chalx likes this.
    12-23-14 09:44 AM
    Not just you, a lot of people say these things, but I never experience it. Do you experience issues with other programs as well? How clean is your OS?
    chalx likes this.
    12-23-14 09:57 AM
    I don't know why we're now talking about iTunes vs Link but the difference is that you NEED iTunes for basic iOS functionality. You don't NEED Link and I'd even go as far as saying that if you're using Link for anything other than remote file access, then you need to embrace EAS.

And for the person saying BBM takes "donkey years to open," I don't know what to tell you. I don't experience this with any of my BB10 devices.
    12-23-14 10:23 AM
    Not just you, a lot of people say these things, but I never experience it. Do you experience issues with other programs as well? How clean is your OS?
    My OS is regularly kept up to date, regularly maintained etc. I have noticed a difference between how Link performs on my PC (not bad) vs. how it performs on my Mac (utterly atrocious)
    12-23-14 10:38 AM
    My OS is regularly kept up to date, regularly maintained etc. I have noticed a difference between how Link performs on my PC (not bad) vs. how it performs on my Mac (utterly atrocious)
    Oh, maybe that might be it, it might just suck a lot more for Mac, I guess the developers are not good at making Mac programs? I have a PC so I guess that might be why.

12-23-14 10:56 AM
    Hi everyone... I am still experiencing problems.... I just uploaded a video to YouTube, but CrackBerry won't let me post the link because I am too new. The title of the video is "BlackBerry Classic Freeze". youtu.be/blg8fnR8a2w

You can see that the display gets stuck between two screens of apps. The video is 17 seconds long but it took more than three minutes for the phone to become functional on this occasion.

Any chance accounts are still updating on this thing? (I set up three e-mail accounts -- no idea how many messages are supposed to sync. I really just want to be able to view new incoming messages and do not care about syncing my pre-existing library).

Should I look to exchange it for another one?
    Last edited by 9700Guy; 12-23-14 at 12:42 PM.
    12-23-14 12:28 PM
    Hi everyone... I am still experiencing problems.... I just uploaded a video to YouTube, but CrackBerry won't let me post the link because I am too new. The title of the video is "BlackBerry Classic Freeze". youtu.be/blg8fnR8a2w

You can see that the display gets stuck between two screens of apps. The video is 17 seconds long but it took more than three minutes for the phone to become functional on this occasion.

Any chance accounts are still updating on this thing? (I set up three e-mail accounts -- no idea how many messages are supposed to sync. I really just want to be able to view new incoming messages and do not care about syncing my pre-existing library).

Should I look to exchange it for another one?
    I'm sure The Verge will use your video in their review of the phone, lol.

12-23-14 12:47 PM
    Classic frozen blackberry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dmhF1rqaZk

Sorry, I haven't seen the UI so unresponsive as that.
    12-23-14 01:29 PM
    OP -- maybe you've done this?? As one of the others suggested go into settings > app manager > device monitor > CPU (tab). See what's eating the most CPU cycles. Post back.
    12-23-14 01:47 PM
    Z30 retakes the lead!
    12-23-14 01:55 PM
    OP -- maybe you've done this?? As one of the others suggested go into settings > app manager > device monitor > CPU (tab). See what's eating the most CPU cycles. Post back.
    My problem is that I cannot actually get to those settings until the freeze episodes are over. I checked the CPU history in a bunch of the apps and could not find any that dominated things.

I am going to try to exchange this phone for another Classic. The only problem is that the stores in my area are all out of stock for the next week.
    12-23-14 01:56 PM
    My problem is that I cannot actually get to those settings until the freeze episodes are over. I checked the CPU history in a bunch of the apps and could not find any that dominated things.

I am going to try to exchange this phone for another Classic. The only problem is that the stores in my area are all out of stock for the next week.
    If it's that bad somethings fubar'ed.

Other than doing an autoloader OS reinstall and starting over I'd say exchange it.

12-23-14 06:46 PM
63 123