Got my Verizon Blackberry Classic today! So far it's pretty awesome. Keyboard is great, screen is nice and it feels really well built. Started with a Q10 which I really enjoyed. Tried a Z30 for a couple weeks but really missed the physical keyboard and just felt it was missing something or wasn't quite right. Hard to explain but so far I think the Classic is the perfect fit.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 09:56 PM
    Sounds great. Enjoy the new device
    03-23-15 10:02 PM
    Congratulations. The Classic just feels right in the hands. So satisfying as a messaging and "go-getter" device. I use mine for work and personal usage. The keyboard is great for taking notes during meetings and on the go.

Enjoy it!

Posted via Classic
    03-23-15 10:03 PM
    Yeah, me too! Especially since my Q10 started double typing (which drove me crazy!) how ya liking the tool-belt? I didn't realize how much I missed it. Now I fell like I'm on a real BlackBerry again and it feels sooo good! I really wanted the Classic but no go on big red (so far). I can deal with the dated spec's, it still feels like an update to me! Love this phone sooo much. I'm faster than all these iToy kids (yeah I said it) F'm!

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.1.1448
    03-23-15 10:12 PM
    Won't ever understand the elementary school BlackBerry or nothing mentality.

Iphone and androids r awesome. So are BlackBerry phones with a real keyboard. Get real.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 10:20 PM
    Got my Verizon Blackberry Classic today! So far it's pretty awesome. Keyboard is great, screen is nice and it feels really well built. Started with a Q10 which I really enjoyed. Tried a Z30 for a couple weeks but really missed the physical keyboard and just felt it was missing something or wasn't quite right. Hard to explain but so far I think the Classic is the perfect fit.

Posted via CB10
    Good deal. I hope you like it. Had one, returned it and regret it. Recently sold my Z30 and looking to go back to the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 10:47 PM
    Congrats!! You will love it!!
    03-23-15 10:54 PM
    Me too! Im crazy excited to be back on blackberry! Worked my z10 into the ground then had to use my old iphone for a few months. Miss my z but pumped for the classic.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 10:59 PM
    Thanks everyone. Yes tool belt is very handy. Getting use to utilizing since the Q10 didn't have it. The weight and build quality still blows me away. Think the screen is finally big enough too. On paper the 3.1 to a 3.5" doesn't seem like much but definitely makes a difference to me.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 11:00 PM

Iphone and androids r awesome. So are BlackBerry phones with a real keyboard. Get real.

Posted via CB10
    Find another forum...THIS IS CRACKBERRY!

donemt and will308 like this.
    03-23-15 11:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    If iToy's and DumbDroids are soooo awesome you should have plenty of places to sing their praises outside of a forum that's clearly committed to the BlackBerry OS and devices. And before you start preaching about your rights to post anywhere... Think for a minute about us in here there that LOVE BlackBerry (with all the faults and failures) and still stay with the brand. Jeeezz... We can't even post a positive thought in here w/o getting hating on! How's that work... I've never even been on a Apple or Android board saying anything! Because I like BlackBerry? Leave us alone in here, and let us have our fun. We may be fanboys and girls but we need a place to express our Fandom w/o you guys and girls commenting on every positive post.

mk2234 likes this.
    03-23-15 11:42 PM
    Do Crackberry members want to follow the lead of other blogs?

Let them troll and envy the Classic.

No sense in, "my dad has a faster car than yours"

BlackBerry not perfect either.

Posted via CB10
    will308 likes this.
    03-23-15 11:51 PM
    .......oh Welcome Ryan

B1aze posted a link for the latest OS. Upload it when you get a chance.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 03-24-15 at 01:22 AM.
    03-23-15 11:52 PM
    Enjoy your new BlackBerry Classic!
    03-24-15 02:13 AM
    Great! Enjoy your device!!!

The longer I have it the more I ask myself how I could have lived without that physical keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    davisgq likes this.
    03-24-15 02:57 AM
    Thanks everyone! Still exploring what all it can do. Got all my apps loaded and organized in folders so far. Contacts all imported from my Google account just fine.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 06:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    It is rare nowadays to find a household with only one platform. If u read carefully, most of us own devices from other platforms too. Which allows us to make fair comparisons of the platforms. And will hopefully allow for a constructive discussion in a positive manner.

Posted via Classic
    davisgq likes this.
    03-24-15 07:16 AM
    I saw a Classic on the news this morning talk video of Patrick Brasau (a rotten Canadian former politician)

Z10
    03-24-15 07:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    How ironic that your post resembles something a kid in elementary school would say: pure opinion followed by an insult.
    davisgq likes this.
    03-24-15 08:51 AM
    Welcome to the Classic Family.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 08:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Great to hear! I too caved in and ordered a Classic on Big Red. Expecting it tomorrow. Excited. Haha. I'm using a Q10 right now. Love the device, but unfortunately, the dreaded double typing and "multiple key press to get it to respond" (i and h keys) started to occur and got rather annoying. It was more the latter issue rather than the double typing that really hindered my need to write emails or respond to texts quickly. But oddly, if I got the Q10 warm enough, the 2 keys in question respond better. Haha.

I'm wondering how I will adapt back to the toolbelt/trackpad And I obviously missed the keyboard shortcuts. Prior to the Q10, I had the really awesome Bold 9930 and then got used to the gestures sans trackpad on the Q10. I can already see myself using the trackpad on the Classic for accurate selection over the sometimes annoying touch selection on the Q10.

As someone else mentioned, I don't care too much about the "dated" specs either. The "lag" that some reviewers were concerned about did not seem THAT bad, but of course, it all depends on the user and what he/she downloads or has open on the phone. I don't really care if it takes a few more seconds to open an app than it does on an iPhone/Android. If you have that much lack of patience...

The Classic is clearly NOT a phone designed for gaming or multimedia and we all know and are aware that it is not. If you want a quad or octo-core processor, great. There are a lot of options out there. I don't know about the rest of you, but my "gaming and entertainment needs" are fulfilled on my Nexus 7 tablet, which I don't ALWAYS carry around with me everywhere I go and I am ok with that since I probably won't be watching Netflix on my Classic while waiting for someone anyways. When I am out and about, I want to be out and about and not staring at my phone or Netflix or whatever it might be

Needless to say, I'm ready to get my hands on this beautiful beast. Haha. Is it strange that I'm salivating over the really amazing physical keyboard more than anything else? From what I've read and seen online, it's the best PK on a BB since the Bold 9900 series, which those of us who owned one knows how phenomenally buttery smooth that was.
    03-24-15 09:29 AM
    If iToy's and DumbDroids are soooo awesome you should have plenty of places to sing their praises outside of a forum that's clearly committed to the BlackBerry OS and devices. And before you start preaching about your rights to post anywhere... Think for a minute about us in here there that LOVE BlackBerry (with all the faults and failures) and still stay with the brand. Jeeezz... We can't even post a positive thought in here w/o getting hating on! How's that work... I've never even been on a Apple or Android board saying anything! Because I like BlackBerry? Leave us alone in here, and let us have our fun. We may be fanboys and girls but we need a place to express our Fandom w/o you guys and girls commenting on every positive post.

I've been on Android Central... But I also own a Nexus 7 tablet so... Lol.
    03-24-15 09:32 AM
    Coming from the Q10 I think you're going to dig it a lot. Such a nice upgrade from the Q10. Be curious to see what you think. Post after you get it

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 05:39 PM
    Coming from the Q10 I think you're going to dig it a lot. Such a nice upgrade from the Q10. Be curious to see what you think. Post after you get it

Posted via CB10
    What a handsome device I'm loving it so far. Initial impressions are great. No major concerns at the moment. It DID randomly reboot on me last night but that's mostly my fault. I got over-eager and excited and probably overloaded the CPU with all of the installs and updates going at once and playing around with settings and just overall over-doing it. At one point, I had like, 5 app installs and about 15 updates going at one time. Oops! (Insert the famous Montgomery Scott line to Captain Kirk here. Scotty would not have been happy with me. Haha.) I also had some trouble with Spotify from the Amazon App Store not always opening, but I knew about that Android apps issue. Things obviously got better after that forced restart. I took it slower after the start up and also did one more maintenance restart after all of the apps were updated. I noticed that Spotify seemed to work better also. There IS a lag with Android apps from the Amazon store but again, I knew that going in. The only app I wanted from the Amazon store was Spotify anyways.

You know what's funny? I totally got used to the Q10 and the gestures and forgot that there was a trackpad and toolbelt on the Classic. Lol. I was literally looking for the phone screen on the Classic until I realized that it wasn't there anymore because of the physical button on the toolbelt. There were times when I was browsing the web and accidentally brushed the trackpad and freaked when I saw the arrow show up. "What is this little nubby thing? Oh right. The trackpad!"

I didn't think that extra little screen space (3.1 to 3.5) would make a difference but boy was I wrong. Night and day from Q10 to Classic and obviously a little larger screen is much appreciated for viewing websites. I even think that the screen looks sharper on the Classic than on the Q10 despite the better pixels on the Q10. I love that the Classic comes with different notification colors already installed as opposed to having to download BeBuzz to get those color choices in the past.

I could go on and on, but those are my basic first impressions about the Classic. I am totally digging this device
    sid89 likes this.
    03-26-15 08:28 AM
    Please explain on what pad mouse could do what? Like mouse on screen roll pad as mouse on screen become highlight and then press to select?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 09:00 AM
30 12