i had installed Google search from bb world....i was only able to use it for image,news and blogs though in absense of having an API key but that was more than enough for me but now all of a sudden it has stopped working completely giving out 403 API error ..... plz help guys ..... i have tried re installing it many times ..... cleared cache but to no avail ..... plz help.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 02:45 AM
    What are the benefits to this google search application?

I use the BlackBerry assistant.
    From the home screen, I just type what I want to search, then press the google icon that appears in the 'extended search' section.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 07:38 AM
    What are the benefits to this google search application?

I use the BlackBerry assistant.
    From the home screen, I just type what I want to search, then press the google icon that appears in the 'extended search' section.

Posted via CB10
    there is a lot of difference,using BB assistant u have to first type of homescreen than it takes u to a native browser and for image search this app is far more better and convenient to use than the native browser.it displays the images and u can easily zoom in and out which is laggy and time consuming in the browser.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 07:49 AM
    there is a lot of difference,using BB assistant u have to first type of homescreen than it takes u to a native browser and for image search this app is far more better and convenient to use than the native browser.it displays the images and u can easily zoom in and out which is laggy and time consuming in the browser.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, cool! I'll have to test that application out sometime.

For now, I have my browser set to use desktop mode, rather than mobile sites. I find that helps.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 09:05 AM
    Oh, cool! I'll have to test that application out sometime.

For now, I have my browser set to use desktop mode, rather than mobile sites. I find that helps.

Posted via CB10
    please install it from the BB world and see if its working for u ..... also let me know how to set the native browser in desktop mode ?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 11:08 AM
    Desktop mode is enabled by opening your browser. Go to settings. Click on developer tools, then turn desktop mode on.

As for the google search app, i'll do that when i'm off work. It's asking me to create an API, and I don't have time for that right now.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 11:41 AM
    Desktop mode is enabled by opening your browser. Go to settings. Click on developer tools, then turn desktop mode on.

As for the google search app, i'll do that when i'm off work. It's asking me to create an API, and I don't have time for that right now.

Posted via CB10
    yes it does ask for creating an API but i never made one and it still was working fine with images, blogs and news ..... which was enough for me. plz do give it a try when its convenient for u and let me know if it works for u ..... also explain in easy terms if u get around with this API thing as i cud not despite many attempts.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 01:59 PM
    I installed search4g. Before enabling API's I tested which searches worked. None of the searches(google, images, books, blogs etc.) worked.

Then I went through googles developer console, created a project, enabled the required custom search API, created credentials, and got myself a server key.

I plugged this key into the search4g application.
    Google search began working. No other searches worked with this key.
    All the failing search attempts are issuing a 403 error.
    According to googles standard error response list, this error means forbidden, and can be one of 28 specific issues.

I'd suggest contacting the search4g developer.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 12:52 AM