How Can I patch Google maps It Should Work on my blackberry classic

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 06:07 PM
    It will take some work, but you can do it. Start your research here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965257
    01-24-16 06:10 PM
    You don't really need to patch Google Maps per say. All you need to install is Cobalt's Google Account Manager and Android Settings APK's.

This combination allowed me to set and save places within Google Maps and turn off the annoying notification I was getting from not having Google Play Services for Maps. I know this isn't the proper way of setting up all the modified Google services APK's Cobalt created for us but it's the only way I was able to get a consistently worked Google Maps experience with saved places to my own Google accounts.

I actually tried installing all of Cobalt's APK's as instructed last night in an effort to get Google Music up and running. But as soon as I installed the BlackBerry Google ID APK and patched Google Play Services APK, I no longer could log into my Google Maps.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    01-24-16 07:00 PM

I actually tried installing all of Cobalt's APK's as instructed last night in an effort to get Google Music up and running. But as soon as I installed the BlackBerry Google ID APK and patched Google Play Services APK, I no longer could log into my Google Maps.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    I'm not sure what you might have done wrong, but setting up all of Cobalt's apps, as advertised works well, and allows full login privileges with GMaps.
    01-24-16 07:04 PM
    I'm not sure what you might have done wrong, but setting up all of Cobalt's apps, as advertised works well, and allows full login privileges with GMaps.
    Ya I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if something in the sequence of installing the apps is wrong. Whatever the case, I couldn't get things to work. I'm using Spodify now and loving the music selection.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    01-25-16 05:29 PM
    You'll have to patch Google Maps with play services patcher.
    01-26-16 02:19 AM
    You'll have to patch Google Maps with play services patcher.
    Ya tried that too! At first I had a Java error from GMaps occurring. Once I got that sorted out I tried patching the apk but for some reason, GMaps wouldn�t spit out the patched APK even though it clearly stated it was finished with no errors indicated.

So I just eventually gave up on the whole process and went back to the configuration I had in place and Google Maps works fine for my usage.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    01-26-16 06:25 AM
    The app is in the output folder of the patcher after patching. And should play services patcher, not gaps patcher.
    01-26-16 08:19 AM
    Ya tried that too! At first I had a Java error from GMaps occurring. Once I got that sorted out I tried patching the apk but for some reason, GMaps wouldn’t spit out the patched APK even though it clearly stated it was finished with no errors indicated.

So I just eventually gave up on the whole process and went back to the configuration I had in place and Google Maps works fine for my usage.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    Are you using Win 10 to patch the apk? There was another user who couldn't patch and I know he was using win 10 so that might have been the problem.

In any case you want to try the whole experiment again, here's the latest version (9.19.1) of google maps apk, already patched:

https://mega.nz/#!TRNEnapC!XfdGsrkKf...pSCZmso9Q1s1Eg

I, too, at first thought that google maps was fine for my usage without all those Cobalt's services, but the few extras that the services provide do make your life easier, especially in the long run.
    01-26-16 08:39 AM
    Thanks guys! I'll give it another kick at the can when I have some free time.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    01-27-16 08:14 AM
    How does one install the patched apk?
    01-27-16 10:10 AM
    How does one install the patched apk?
    Same way as any other apk.

Although you have to delete the unpatched one first.
    01-27-16 10:40 AM
    Same way as any other apk.

Although you have to delete the unpatched one first.
    OK, so I delete the Google Maps app, that I installed with Snap. Then I download the patched maps apk into my phone, and install it from within my phone?

Thanks
    01-27-16 12:01 PM
    OK, so I delete the Google Maps app, that I installed with Snap. Then I download the patched maps apk into my phone, and install it from within my phone?

Thanks
    Sure.

After having logged in and registered with Cobalt's Google Login and BlackBerry Google ID. And after having installed Cobalt's modified Google Play Services.
    01-27-16 12:03 PM
    Sure.

After having logged in and registered with Cobalt's Google Login and BlackBerry Google ID. And after having installed Cobalt's modified Google Play Services.
    So, I downloaded the patched Google maps apk from a few posts up. I already have Cobalt's Google Login and BlackBerry Google ID logged in and installed Cobalt's modified Google Play Servies. The following is what I get when I try to view my home and work within Google Maps:

Google maps-img_20160127_132708.png

Any ideas? I had this working beautifully on my previous Passport before wiping it due to "issues" lol and now on my Passport SE, I can't get it to work.

I will probably have to spend a couple hours at my computer reverting to the previous A-RT (the one without deleting issues) and also installing lucky patcher so that I can hopefully do this myself, when I get some free time that is.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 12:32 PM
    Lucky Patcher is no longer effective. You need Play Services Patcher on your PC.
    01-27-16 12:36 PM
    I didn't do any patching and maps downloaded from Snap works just fine. We'll, I don't remember what I did exactly. I have the Google account and BlackBerry Google ID apps but never patched anything. I used Ghost commander to shut up the notifications. But this is all I did.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 12:43 PM
    I didn't do any patching and maps downloaded from Snap works just fine. We'll, I don't remember what I did exactly. I have the Google account and BlackBerry Google ID apps but never patched anything. I used Ghost commander to shut up the notifications. But this is all I did.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it works fine, but patching opens up a lot of additional functionality. Someone coming from Android in particular may want that.
    01-27-16 12:50 PM
    So, I downloaded the patched Google maps apk from a few posts up. I already have Cobalt's Google Login and BlackBerry Google ID logged in and installed Cobalt's modified Google Play Servies. The following is what I get when I try to view my home and work within Google Maps:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160127_132708.png 
Views:	528 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	389259

Any ideas? I had this working beautifully on my previous Passport before wiping it due to "issues" lol and now on my Passport SE, I can't get it to work.

I will probably have to spend a couple hours at my computer reverting to the previous A-RT (the one without deleting issues) and also installing lucky patcher so that I can hopefully do this myself, when I get some free time that is.

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly what was happening to me!

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    01-27-16 06:47 PM
    I have version 7.0 loaded on mine. Other than the voice in the navigation, I like it WAY better than the newest version. I like using version 7.0 on my Classic more than using the latest version on my Android phone that I use for Uber...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-27-16 11:52 PM
    I've used Cobalt's Play Services Patcher which gives a successful output file and installs on my Z10 and Z30; however, the app immediately crashes after launching. I've tried several methods to install including deleting Google Maps, a battery-pull reboot (holding down volume buttons) and then installing, and doing another battery-pull reboot - all to no avail. I've also played with some of the settings on the Play Services Patcher, also without success.
    Previously, I successfully installed and currently run v9.19.1 from the file link that pomidor provided above. Is there a secret to patching Google Maps with Play Services Patcher that I might be missing?
    03-17-16 02:39 PM
    If you patch Google Maps it REQUIRES Play services to be installed.
    03-17-16 03:09 PM
    If you patch Google Maps it REQUIRES Play services to be installed.
    Any advice for my issue regarding not being able to access my account?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 07:39 PM
    Thank you Cobalt for responding. I have Play Services installed along with Google Play Store and keep up with your updates. I successfully patch and post new versions of Uber Partner (driver) and Lyft apps over on the forum post tatail started. Those all run just fine. Perhaps a wipe and reinstall would help, but since it was failing the same way (crashing upon opening) on different phones I thought the problem might be with the way I was using your Play Services Patcher.
    03-24-16 12:34 PM
    Who's up for some testing? Following up on my prior post, I've successfully patched a number of apps; however, Google Maps seems to give me trouble. It patches fine (Cobalt's Play Services Patcher says it was successful), but when I launch it on my Z30 or Z10 it crashes immediately. I've successfully installed and run versions that other folks have patched. So, I've posted the latest Google Maps v9.22.1-patched.apk at the link below and wondered if anyone would be willing to install it or update their Google Maps app and let me know the result. This way I can try to determine if the problem is my phone or something with my PC and Play Services Patcher. Oh, and if it doesn't work on your phone either - don't worry. A prior version of Google Maps can be found at this box location. - THANKS

https://app.box.com/s/5k3rf55wt76qaifs5flsvmcgolpk80x7
    03-24-16 01:53 PM
48 12