Okay so, hi guys. I was recently on edge about how I had to make the transition to Blackberry. My last RIM phone was the Bold 9900 which I left for the iPhone's medusa-like marketing. Today, I finally made the final data transfers from the iPhone to the Classic and the process was smooth. Rather annoying that the Facebook, Twitter and other contacts also made it to the contact list. (Manually deleted them)

BB10 is beautiful! In terms of utility, the phone has served me well the entire day. The keyboard though, oh my god, no typos? no autocorrect? thank frikkin god.

The build of the phone is quite sturdy. Everyone at work, who scoffed at me held the phone and took it back. We compared it to the iPhones and they felt like little toys. Change is difficult, that is why my heart is still undecided if I made the right decision or not. Though my gut says that it's going to be okay. So yeah, I'm not going back to the Apple orchard.

Now, coming to apps. That was a rather frustrating experience. But Bla1ze's threads and guides on how to get ahead helped immensely. Yes, the native FB app does suck, gives me more reason not to check that thing. I did manage to install all Google services, play store and other verification checks to make it seem that this is an Android phone. Lol

The missing case of Snapchat was getting to me but for that the guide on Gmaps patcher led me to fix it and remove all Google dependencies. Though I've heard Snapchat blocks your account if you use an unsupported account so I haven't logged in yet. (Should I make another account or just go ahead and see what happens? Haha)

In any case, the battery life was a turn on. I kid you not. I didn't have to plug in the device for the entire day, my 20,000mAh power bank sat miserable as I couldn't leech the iPhone's battery with it. The keyboard helps me type fast, never felt this happy typing out messages and being done within seconds.. The homepage design is quite insane as well and the HUB is just mind-blowing. The possibilities are endless. I'm going to get a nice microSD card tomorrow and download songs to my hearts content, though Spotify and Soundcloud are there too but doesn't hurt to have some offline tunes to listen to, something Apple didn't have.

I did consider the Priv, but I'm not a fan of Android. Left 9900 in 2012, got iPhone, got Android, got iPhone again and now back to the old master. You have yourself a happy customer BB, just like, please, work on your app development lobbying and we have a long term deal
    01-07-16 01:59 PM
    InB4 Slagman:

1. To minimize an app, press the call end button. Simple enough, but you can build on that. From the homescreen with the apps in active frame (minimized), highlighting one and pressing the back key will close it. So combine this with the fact that pressing call end will minimize it, if you want to outright close a program, all you have to do is press call end, then back, since it highlights the app you just minimized automatically. The benefits to this are that not only do you not need to move your thumb as much, but you can do this without looking at your phone. Swiping up and touching the x requires looking.
    2. While in an app, pressing the BB button will open the overflow menu (3 dots on the bottom right). If that menu has more than one page, simply swipe on the trackpad in the direction of the other page and it'll switch.
    3. To access the top menu inside apps, no more need to reach your thumb all the way to the top of the screen, simply long press the BB button.
    4. As long as the phone app isn't minimized (where you might have navigated away from the main phone log), when you bring up the phone app by pressing the call send button, the last call should be highlighted, so to quickly redial the last number, simply press the call send button twice.
    5. From the hub, holding the shift key and swiping up or down with the trackpad will start highlighting messages, let go of shift and you can start selecting messages that are not together by highlighting then pressing down on the trackpad. You can toggle already selected messages on and off by clicking on them. To cancel the selection, press the back button. Press the BB key to open the options for what you just highlighted.
    6. Long pressing with the trackpad does exactly what long touching on the touchscreen does. Trust me, this is super useful.
    7. To select text, just use the trackpad to where you want to start, then hold shift and swipe over the trackpad. Then to copy the text, just press the BB key to open the menu, "Copy" should be highlighted so you can just press the BB key again (basically press BB key twice). Then to paste the text, go to where you want to paste, and same thing, press BB key twice.
    8. In the camera, if you press and hold the trackpad, the camera will refocus, then when you let go of the trackpad it will take the photo.
    9. In an email, just press the BB button twice to send, unless you have text you have copied that haven't been pasted yet. If that's the case and you still want to send, make use of tip #2 and swipe in the direction of the "more" option on your trackpad, then hit the trackpad or BB key.

Posted via CB10
    johnteki and Baritone Astoria like this.
    01-07-16 02:03 PM
    ^ Thanks for that VERY helpful post

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 08:50 AM
    I had a 9900 and a Q10. Now a classic. The classic screen is not big but it's bigger than the prior phones. I always arranged my apps from top to bottom left to right. Did that on Classic too. At first I was reaching too far up to click the apps with my thumb. So with the trackpad and belt etc being where they are on the phone I put my most used apps at the bottom of the screen. No more reaching with thumb and all are near the belt. With keyboard shortcuts and this scheme of arranging apps you get one-handed functionality. I'm not a fan of the stock calendar (my only complaint) but it does work. My Classic is for communication, some browsing for news/weather and other stuff, GPS map for directions, sometimes music. Works great. I would not go back to OS7
    01-10-16 10:05 AM
    Hi OP. Some users have gotten an iPad or the iTouch to supplement their and stay on iMessenger. I use an Android tablet.

Posted via Classic
    01-10-16 01:29 PM
    Very good post. Thank you
    01-10-16 04:09 PM