Phone is getting sluggish, I'm getting notifications for Amazon apps that already been deleted, and (weirdly) all my default ringtones/music and data on my SD have been deleted

...so thought I'd do a Security Wipe through my BlackBerry link and reinstall
    Any other tips? (obviously going to do a backup first)

BBM @ 2C1C340C / Blue BlackBerry Classic!
    06-13-16 09:49 AM
    Personally, I would use Ultimate Backup instead of Link for your backup / restore. Link tends to put your bugs back on your device.

Don't forget to install the Android Runtime fix after you update the OS if you are on OS2876 (sw2836) to address the delete bug.

http://www.crackberry.com/if-youve-b...update-try-now

Reboot after installing. Wait 10 minutes for it to settle.
    Last edited by conite; 06-13-16 at 04:43 PM.
    06-13-16 10:07 AM
    Avoid the security wipe as it could takes HOURS or DAYS - just download an autoloader and you're back in business in under 5 minutes with a fresh device.
    brookie229 likes this.
    06-13-16 04:36 PM
    My BB froze while using BBM video chat... Black screen and a message that my BBM was no longer connected...decided to back it up,wipe it and reload...4 days ago... It has been at 99% for 24 hours.

Any suggestions....?
    06-13-16 07:43 PM
    My BB froze while using BBM video chat... Black screen and a message that my BBM was no longer connected...decided to back it up,wipe it and reload...4 days ago... It has been at 99% for 24 hours.

Any suggestions....?
    Stay with it, or fire up Link and reboot the device so you can reload the OS.
    06-13-16 07:49 PM
    Thanks. I am willing to give another 12 hours then try a long press reset. I am guessing through that with 99% wiped I will have nothing to open. I don' t recall any previous wipes taking more than a couple hours. It seems however that others have seen this , thus the warning.
    Any idea why? I am running about a dozen or more android apps on top of a dozen BBworld apps. ...
    And why did the BBM freeze me out mid-call? Inquiring minds want to know....
    06-13-16 08:01 PM
    Thanks. I am willing to give another 12 hours then try a long press reset. I am guessing through that with 99% wiped I will have nothing to open. I don' t recall any previous wipes taking more than a couple hours. It seems however that others have seen this , thus the warning.
    Any idea why? I am running about a dozen or more android apps on top of a dozen BBworld apps. ...
    And why did the BBM freeze me out mid-call? Inquiring minds want to know....
    Can't speak to the odd BBM bug, but the issue of the long security wipe has never been resolved. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to why this happens more than just occasionally.
    sewnut likes this.
    06-13-16 08:09 PM
    Phone is getting sluggish, I'm getting notifications for Amazon apps that already been deleted, and (weirdly) all my default ringtones/music and data on my SD have been deleted

...so thought I'd do a Security Wipe through my BlackBerry link and reinstall
    Any other tips? (obviously going to do a backup first)

Avoid the Security Wipe and retain your sanity. Use the re-install or an autoloader and also Ultimate Backup.
    06-13-16 09:21 PM
    Thanks all - i'll avoid the security wipe option then and download Ultimate Backup!

06-14-16 04:32 AM
    Avoid the security wipe as it could takes HOURS or DAYS - just download an autoloader and you're back in business in under 5 minutes with a fresh device.
    Have you got a link to the autoloader at all, please?

06-14-16 04:32 AM
    Have you got a link to the autoloader at all, please?

BB10 Leaked/Beta OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Just pick whichever one you want to load. If you load the .2876 be sure to download the android update via bbm world so you can delete android apps.
    06-14-16 01:59 PM
    I would go with. 2813 then you don't have to worry about the android runtime update in Blackberry World. 2876 has no real advantages or improvements over 2813 IMHO.
    06-14-16 08:06 PM
    Just wondering how this autoloader business works? I know it's been discussed in detail but I have always just written it off as a little more work without knowing.

My Classic works great with the exception of one or two things, mainly battery life.

Do I need to have an unlocked model? Does anybody have a Youtube video that may explain the best steps?

Sorry about all the newbie questions but since the topic was brought up I figured I would ask about the autoloader. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 02:22 AM