My old 9780 sits idle on my desk. I couldn't fathom going back to that dinosaur. My Z30 compared to my 9780 is like comparing my 60 inch HDTV to an old black and white console tv with rabbit ears!

Posted via CB10
    My parents don't have a computer...so if he is 70 i get it...otherwise the OP is already going down the same road as my parents

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    03-16-15 09:19 AM
    My parents don't have a computer...so if he is 70 i get it...otherwise the OP is already going down the same road as my parents

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    Have a look around you outside, you'll see a lot of people driving 10+ years old cars, or live in 50+ years old houses.

But if one wants to use a 5 year old phone the horse and cart/OAP/Stone Age jokes come out.
    03-16-15 11:08 AM
    My old 9780 sits idle on my desk. I couldn't fathom going back to that dinosaur. My Z30 compared to my 9780 is like comparing my 60 inch HDTV to an old black and white console tv with rabbit ears!

Posted via CB10
    But that black and white TV does all I need it to do. You can watch it and I'm used to it. It has clicky buttons and it doesn't force change on me.

It's helpless. It's an unwinnable argument. You say how much better it is, and they say they don't use those things. You say, they would if they knew how much better it was, and they say they won't. Either that or they complain about some unsignificcant nuance that has little bearing on the overall use of the device.

It's helpless

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 11:48 AM
    Some folks like it simple. I know a 9900 user who won't switch at all until the day the phone stops working.

He's got one email account. Uses it for a phone, BBM, and text. No social media...no surfing...

He's on it almost all day as he gets 300-400 emails a day and his battery life is stellar. I showed him the classic and while he liked it and "probably" will switch to that the day BlackBerry doesn't support OS7 he just won't switch.

Some folks are like that and you can't argue with the fact they are still a loyal BlackBerry user.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    kbz1960, andy957, WES51 and 1 others like this.
    03-16-15 12:32 PM
    I pay taxes everyday and invited states of america I will not be towed to remove my plan for oil underwear 10 4 I'll iron cola now cos I wanna be treated a psychiatric affects of a -0 to stop that that is the divided american government you were never hold me down you never take me around dinner make me cry don't never ever take away from my poor a great run around the bathroom poke poke

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 : PIN 2BFE4937 : T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    Say whaa????

Posted via CB10
    eji930 likes this.
    03-16-15 01:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    I could still use the BBOS so long as I had zero need for a web browser. But I browse quite a bit and that browser was like really really bad. Though at the time it seemed "OK". Go figure.

Though on BBOS7 it was better.
    03-16-15 01:28 PM
    That's like going from a new car to Fred Flintstone's car....because it's easier to understand.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    03-16-15 01:46 PM
    That's like going from a new car to Fred Flintstone's car....because it's easier to understand.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    Hardly it's like going from a prototype car to one that works well and is practice proven
    03-16-15 02:28 PM
    Some folks like it simple. I know a 9900 user who won't switch at all until the day the phone stops working.

He's got one email account. Uses it for a phone, BBM, and text. No social media...no surfing...

He's on it almost all day as he gets 300-400 emails a day and his battery life is stellar. I showed him the classic and while he liked it and "probably" will switch to that the day BlackBerry doesn't support OS7 he just won't switch.

Some folks are like that and you can't argue with the fact they are still a loyal BlackBerry user.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Flying a helicopter is simple for helicopter pilots. The only reason they know that is because they took a chance to learn how to fly a helicopter . Bb10 is simple for people who know BB10. People who won't take the time to learn BB10 will never know that.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 03:21 PM
    Agree that it is a person's choice on the device that they use. I am on the Bold 9930. Will not upgrade to the Classic until it goes out.
    03-16-15 03:41 PM
    Agree that it is a person's choice on the device that they use. I am on the Bold 9930. Will not upgrade to the Classic until it goes out.
    Is anyone debating that it's not the users choice to the device they use? It's why anyone would want to still use bbos that's being debated.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 04:41 PM
    It is what it is-the Bold works for the use I have. Certainly does depend on each's own use.
    03-16-15 05:31 PM
    You Classic users are a weird bunch...

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    "Unique", we're unique! LOL.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    03-16-15 06:09 PM
    Have a look around you outside, you'll see a lot of people driving 10+ years old cars, or live in 50+ years old houses.

But if one wants to use a 5 year old phone the horse and cart/OAP/Stone Age jokes come out.
    LOL. So true.

03-16-15 06:11 PM
    LOL. So true.

yeah, but nobody gives you an 85% discount every 2 years on your house or car

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 06:15 PM
    yeah, but nobody gives you an 85% discount every 2 years on your house or car

Posted via CB10
    I don't remember anybody giving me an 85% discount at upgrade time, if fact they try to charge me more as phones get more and more expensive.
    03-17-15 05:35 AM

That's the power of marketing and the only reason people "think" they need a new phone is because marketers and corporations tell them to. Even worse is they think they are in control of the decisions they make but really it's the companies deciding for them.

It takes a person with a good perspective on life and society to choose a phone based on his and her needs and not compare themselves with others who want the latest multi tasking gadgetry.

By the way multi tasking and being productive at the same time is a myth as well, all of you which buy into it were "taught" to believe it.

Phones were originally built for convinience and communication, it's funny all the new phones have batteries that need charging minimum once a day and we view that as nomral and acceptable. We could be doing more productive things like talking to each other or reading a book but instead we choose to play angry birds on our phone to "kill" time. Thanks marketing lol
    03-17-15 10:19 AM
    That's the power of marketing and the only reason people "think" they need a new phone is because marketers and corporations tell them to. Even worse is they think they are in control of the decisions they make but really it's the companies deciding for them.

It takes a person with a good perspective on life and society to choose a phone based on his and her needs and not compare themselves with others who want the latest multi tasking gadgetry.

By the way multi tasking and being productive at the same time is a myth as well, all of you which buy into it were "taught" to believe it.

Phones were originally built for convinience and communication, it's funny all the new phones have batteries that need charging minimum once a day and we view that as nomral and acceptable. We could be doing more productive things like talking to each other or reading a book but instead we choose to play angry birds on our phone to "kill" time. Thanks marketing lol
    Well, you know what they say, the brain has no firewall, so advertising/marketing/propaganda always works.

Until you open your eyes.
    1TIME likes this.
    03-17-15 10:28 AM

This is incorrect when taken in context to this conversation. Comparing an S5 to S6, yes you don't NEED to upgrade, but BB10 and BBOS is not about marketing. You are comparing a legacy system that cannot run any major apps developed in the past 5 years. It can't join new and relevant messaging platforms and can't support many new technologies and frameworks.

No commercials with singers and dancers should be needed to tell you it's time to upgrade. You're not even on LTE yet, and LTE is already getting old. And nobody should be arguing that their device shouldn't be faster because they don't need it.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 11:50 AM
    This is incorrect when taken in context to this conversation. Comparing an S5 to S6, yes you don't NEED to upgrade, but BB10 and BBOS is not about marketing. You are comparing a legacy system that cannot run any major apps developed in the past 5 years. It can't join new and relevant messaging platforms and can't support many new technologies and frameworks.

No commercials with singers and dancers should be needed to tell you it's time to upgrade. You're not even on LTE yet, and LTE is already getting old. And nobody should be arguing that their device shouldn't be faster because they don't need it.

Posted via CB10
    What is so difficult about the term communication device? A phone is a tool not a toy yeah both are starring with t but that's about it.

No device does communication better than the Bold with it's curved keyboard and yet the ever so new bb10 doesn't even offer macros for third party apps, skins, programmable LED or removable battery.

The s6 is a downgrade to the s5 because Samsung went the toy instead of tool road.

And guess what marketing for me is? A reason to don't even look at the product. I've bought my bold and Note 4 because they're the best productivity devices for my needs not because a shady company with millions of marketing$ told me to buy it and I'll upgrade once I believe the time is right. In terms of BlackBerry that means not before they are going back to having a stable toolbelt first os with a removable battery..instead of a difficult flashy mess known as bb10
    Last edited by Carrtman; 03-17-15 at 01:57 PM.
    03-17-15 01:05 PM
    What is so difficult about the term communication device? A phone is a tool not a toy yeah both are starring with t but that's about it.

No device does communication better than the Bold with it's curved keyboard and yet the ever so new bb10 doesn't even offer macros for third party apps, skins, programmable LED or removable barriers.

The s6 is a downgrade to the s5 because Samsung went the toy instead of tool road.

And guess what marketing for me is? A reason to don't even look at the product. I've bought my bold and Note 4 because they're the best productivity devices for my needs not because a shady company with millions of marketing$ told me to buy it and I'll upgrade once I believe the time is right. In terms of BlackBerry that means not before they are going back to having a stable toolbelt first os with a removable battery..instead of a difficult flashy mess known as bb10
    What a load of crap. All the toys are tools also. And most of the tools made by bb can be used as toys. This tools not toys is elitist and what got bb into trouble.
    03-17-15 01:34 PM
    What a load of crap. All the toys are tools also. And most of the tools made by bb can be used as toys. This tools not toys is elitist and what got bb into trouble.
    Bb10 hardcore talking about elitist laughs..
    03-17-15 01:58 PM
    The ONLY reason I ever moved from BlackBerry and the older operating system to iPhones and BB10 devices was lack of access to subfolders in email on BIS before BB10. I adored my 9930 but the BIS email was a fatal flaw. If that's not an issue for folks I see no reason to abandon the old tried and true BB7.
    03-17-15 02:14 PM
    Thank you. The tool not a toy road is so weak. I know about 5 ceos who have either iphones for samsungs. How can anyone say that they are playing video games? They are running multimillion dollar companies from their phones. Devices are what you make of them.

The classic has bigger keys, modern software, and apps. How can anyone say that a curved keyboard makes it a toy over the bold.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-17-15 02:24 PM
    The simple fact is that BlackBerry lost many of their advantages as the go-to corporate communication device. Add to that the fact BlackBerry became "uncool" to the point that even CEOs feared the hit to their image that would result from looking out of date. A friend of mine is pretty high up in a data services company and says clients have actually questioned his continued use of BlackBerry. "Why are you still using one of THOSE??"
    < appropriate raised eyebrows >

People - customers - judge you on your shoes, your watch, and your tech.
    1TIME likes this.
    03-17-15 03:26 PM
52 123