I have had the Key2 since August. At first I really liked it, mainly because of the speed and the apps. But lately I am getting sick of it. The size is something I never liked. Also, when I need to text or send an email fast its always a problem. The phone is just not intuitive. Tonight I pulled my old Classic out of the drawer after not touching it for 5 months and wow, it just feels go great and solid in the hand. It's being charged up right now and tomorrow I plan to pop the sim card in. If it works out ok tomorrow I will list the Key2 on eBay.
    Am I the only considering going back to the Classic from the Key2?
    Disclaimer: I do have an iPhone from from job that I use for for critical apps like banking etc.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    12-08-18 12:58 AM
    I have had the Key2 since August. At first I really liked it, mainly because of the speed and the apps. But lately I am getting sick of it. The size is something I never liked. Also, when I need to text or send an email fast its always a problem. The phone is just not intuitive. Tonight I pulled my old Classic out of the drawer after not touching it for 5 months and wow, it just feels go great and solid in the hand. It's being charged up right now and tomorrow I plan to pop the sim card in. If it works out ok tomorrow I will list the Key2 on eBay.
    Am I the only considering going back to the Classic from the Key2?
    Disclaimer: I do have an iPhone from from job that I use for for critical apps like banking etc.
    Make a couple of shortcuts. Hit "e" to compose an email, and "t" to compose a text. What can be faster than that?
    12-08-18 01:07 AM
    I have not quite got to the point actually going back but my classic is always along and charged up if I have to much grief with Blackberry KEY². For me it's the balance of the phone find I'm putting lots of effort into just not dropping it while typing . Needs a little counter weight at the bottom haha. I probably won't switch back but classic is my backup device. I think I will always be sad bb10 didn't make it. I feel it is the best OS of them all even today being no development in years. Like much of good tech that was better timing and advertising won the day with a lesser product.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    JohnKobeck likes this.
    12-09-18 07:58 PM
    I fired up the classic and am selling the Key2. Been using the Classic the last few days and it just feels so much better in my hand. Such a great piece of engineering. All I need is the text messaging, calls, and emails. No need for apps so I'm happy for now.
    12-09-18 09:44 PM
    I fired up the classic and am selling the Key2. Been using the Classic the last few days and it just feels so much better in my hand. Such a great piece of engineering. All I need is the text messaging, calls, and emails. No need for apps so I'm happy for now.
    In your specific use case, then it might make sense.

I personally would never downgrade from my LE to any BB10 device or even the Priv at this point

I find the Classic's battery life atrocious for its battery size relative to its display size
    12-11-18 05:51 AM
    In your specific use case, then it might make sense.

I personally would never downgrade from my LE to any BB10 device or even the Priv at this point

I find the Classic's battery life atrocious for its battery size relative to its display size
    Agreed except for the battery life comment. I get 1.5-2 days on moderate use. Did you run a lot of Android apps?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-18 08:32 AM
    There is no "perfect phone". It's all a matter of perspective and how much time you want to invest into customizing it to fit your needs best. One may excel in one area where others may do more while mediocre in all functions. This is why many dual carry.

The feel in the hand can be learned and an accessory like a phone ring on the back can be crucial.

Given the impending EOL of BB10 users will have to eventually make the move one day, the only decision is when do you want to invest the time it will take to make the move and achieve a similar experience.

I have a feeling that I may move from my Oneplus 3T to the KEY3 if improvements are made to the keyboard.

There has to be an understanding that especially when changing OS there will be some pains in the measure of change that must take place and you can't expect the exact same experience
    12-11-18 09:00 AM
    Agreed except for the battery life comment. I get 1.5-2 days on moderate use. Did you run a lot of Android apps?

Posted via CB10
    I did, but BB10 devices are somewhere between feature phones and smartphones.
    I wanted to get it as close to the smartphone end of the spectrum as possible but battery just sucked for a 2500mAh cell with such a small display
    12-11-18 10:07 AM
    I did, but BB10 devices are somewhere between feature phones and smartphones.
    I wanted to get it as close to the smartphone end of the spectrum as possible but battery just sucked for a 2500mAh cell with such a small display
    Got it. Yeah, loading any BB10 up with Android will drain the battery. The closer you can get to just native apps/web browser shortcuts, the better the performance/battery life, but realize that limits the functionality.

Depending on the day, I see the Classic as a smart feature phone or a dumb smartphone.
    12-11-18 10:19 AM
    Get rid of android apps (or keep only one or two that are crucial)
    For me is only the Opera mini and Telegram and even that you can always use the browser (no notifications of course)
    You still have a lot of good native apps
    Feedminder (Rss), Browser Browsie, Inst10, IGram, Twitter and Blaq, Fahrplan (Trains), TAO translater, CB10, Dukto (transfer btw BB and iOS), Onedrive (automatic camera upload)

Use the browser for other things with the beautiful shortcut icons on screen. Facebook, bank accounts, currency converter, maps, Gmail mobile, etc...

Posted via CB10
    12-11-18 03:58 PM
    I like this topic a lot because I can totally relate to it! I still have my old Classic here on standby and I ALWAYS am thinking about switching my SIM card back into it. In fact, reading through is post really makes me want to do it. The keyboard on the Classic is better in its feel, compared to this KEY2.

I get what is meant by the Classic being fast to text and email on. Whenever I would get a message on the Classic, it just felt faster banging out a response and then quickly tucking it away back into my pocket. Maybe it's the size, but the KEY2 just feels a bit slower when responding to messages. The auto-correct engine is definitely stronger on the KEY2, but the trade-off is that the keys on the KEY2, to me, are not as tactile as on the Classic. The Classic also just feels better in the hands too. Well, we'll see how long I can last on the KEY2. I'm still in the return period so I can always send it back to Amazon and go back to my trusty and beloved BlackBerry Classic!
    Pietr50 likes this.
    12-12-18 10:44 PM
    I think this keystone class of device is oddly shaped (way too tall).

Posted via CB10
    12-13-18 10:00 AM
    That was keyx, not keystone.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-18 10:03 AM
    I'm not getting what others are saying about the Key2 keyboard. I was at Staples and playing around with the Key2 specifically testing/typing with the keyboard and I found it quite nice and easy to type on, the feel (tactile response) was great - it's actually quiet a nice device. The android OS of course is not at all intuitive to me but its definitely slick. Would I consider the Key2? yes definitely when my classic is no longer usable. I saw a vid with crackberry kevin talk about why he couldn't understand all the criticism around a pkb in a modern phone and he pointed to everything else that uses a pkb - for example developers don't use their phone to develop software or a vkb - and the same logic applies to a trackpad (mouse) - which is way more precise and efficient.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-18 09:34 PM
    I purchased a Classic, just waiting to be delivered. Never had one, it'll be my first, ones I can text and make calls it's enough for me.
    elfabio80 and JohnKobeck like this.
    12-14-18 08:10 AM
    I was like to purchase the LE, but wanted to taste the real thing; even of the software going OFL, having the Key2 or LE won't be the same has a Classic or Passport experience.
    12-14-18 08:19 AM
    I purchased a Classic, just waiting to be delivered. Never had one, it'll be my first, ones I can text and make calls it's enough for me.
    You'll like it, I love mine, I can't take my hands off it. For an OS that hasn't seen work on it for 3 yrs it's quite incredible how well it works even with a dated Android runtime.
    harvland likes this.
    12-14-18 01:16 PM
    You'll like it, I love mine, I can't take my hands off it. For an OS that hasn't seen work on it for 3 yrs it's quite incredible how well it works even with a dated Android runtime.
    Quite incredible ? Lol the Classic is slow as hell and the battery life is disappointing imo
    12-15-18 09:17 PM
    It's core functions are quite fast and the battery life is good. You keep mentioning poor battery life in multiple posts - maybe your unit was defective or poorly configured.

Posted via CB10
    bb9900user2018 and 93Aero like this.
    12-16-18 09:20 AM
    It's core functions are quite fast and the battery life is good. You keep mentioning poor battery life in multiple posts - maybe your unit was defective or poorly configured.

Posted via CB10
    One of my units had only like 70 cycles and it was still disappointing
    12-16-18 09:54 AM
    Quite incredible ? Lol the Classic is slow as hell and the battery life is disappointing imo
    Mine and my Q10 is fast for phone, texting, and email. Other apps are slower than my tablet, but I didn't get the Classic and Q10 for using with other apps. My batteries don't go below 90% when on standby and a few calls as long as I don't use the WIFI radio. Most of my Internet use is done on a larger tablet.

Perhaps you're pushing your Classic to the limits of its design?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-18 10:27 AM
    Y
    E
    A
    H
    !!!

exactly!

same!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-18 10:45 AM
    I never felt the battery was poor. I always got my day. When I started at 5am it was often pretty dead by 7pm but I also spent a lot of time in poor service areas. It really comes down to users in that regard. I had a car charger so could tune it up when I needed too. Had Blackberry KEY² for almost a month and still never really confident in my typing as I was on classic. With this keyboard it can sneak words in without notice depending how you slide a thumb. Still learning for sure

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    12-16-18 11:08 AM
    I have to agree with Gene, I'm not experiencing the issues you're reporting and I use my phone fairly frequently with a few apps (+android) , albeit mostly productivity related activities. It does sound like you had a defective phone or some app that was draining it. Just my opinion, no need to get upset.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-18 11:38 AM
    One of my units had only like 70 cycles and it was still disappointing
    Yeah we've already covered this.
    12-16-18 11:39 AM
54 123