My Classic battery lasts all day with heavy use.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    12-16-18 12:35 PM
    I never felt the battery was poor. I always got my day.
    You would think a phone with a 2500mAh cell and a tiny 3.5" display would do better than "get your day".

I still think it's sub-par if you start throwing ANYTHING Android at this device.

Don't like it, wouldn't ever go back to it.
    12-16-18 04:57 PM
    I have had the 2 Z10s and 3 classics and I just got the passport and although I love the form factor of the classic it is very sluggish compared to other BB10 devices. I fire it up every now and then just to bring back memories but the Classic is obsolete in today's world as a standalone phone

Posted via CB10
    12-17-18 06:24 AM
    Yeah absolutely..i have KEY2 also just for my back up phone and used to play for android games that's it..My main phone ofcourse is CLASSIC.

Sent from my Secure BlackBerry Classic
    12-19-18 03:06 AM
    I have been debating as well. I own the K2, PRIV, Classic and Bold.

The Classic was- by far - my favorite.
    The K2 is fine. Just fine. But it is not as good as the Classic with respect to telephony or typing. I don't like the Droid music interface either.

The speakers and screen are not as good as the PRIV.

Before the K2 I double carried the Classic and PRIV. Mostly because I wanted to adapt to Droid over time.

But I actually found the mail interface a little better on Droid. Go figure.

The core for me is to be able to call and email. The classic does that better than any other phone. Period. The others work and do so decently. Just not as well.

The Classic is just EOL. So what to do? I am fitfully moving on. That said, I miss my Classic almost everyday.
    12-19-18 12:50 PM
    I have been debating as well. I own the K2, PRIV, Classic and Bold.

The Classic was- by far - my favorite.
    The K2 is fine. Just fine. But it is not as good as the Classic with respect to telephony or typing. I don't like the Droid music interface either.

The speakers and screen are not as good as the PRIV.

Before the K2 I double carried the Classic and PRIV. Mostly because I wanted to adapt to Droid over time.

But I actually found the mail interface a little better on Droid. Go figure.

The core for me is to be able to call and email. The classic does that better than any other phone. Period. The others work and do so decently. Just not as well.

The Classic is just EOL. So what to do? I am fitfully moving on. That said, I miss my Classic almost everyday.
    At time, Classic and the Passport hit a spot where the ART was sufficient, the Amazon ecosystem helped for apps, plus, apks could be acquired elsewhere. Unfortunately, like an ellipse, BB10 and it’s ecosystem fell away from it's Android helpers. BBAndroid is what I envisioned for BB10 back in 2013 which BB10 almost reached with 10.2.1 and 10.3.2 at time of rollout. With Lollipop and Marshmallow, BBAndroid showed better ecosystem compatibility. Too little and too late for hardware. I’ll gladly keep my KEYone and hope AT&T offers a successor one day.
    12-19-18 02:10 PM
    Got sense yesterday my Classic, and boy oh boy I'm in love with the devise. It has it's things but worth it the investment. Love the keyboard, when I make a phone call, it sounds better than my LG V30+.
    12-19-18 07:41 PM
    Got sense yesterday my Classic, and boy oh boy I'm in love with the devise. It has it's things but worth it the investment. Love the keyboard, when I make a phone call, it sounds better than my LG V30+.
    Phone calls on a Classic are outstanding. I love my Classic too

Posted via CB10
    12-19-18 09:46 PM
    I'll never understand why there's this core group of users on here that feel it's their duty to trash and discourage people from using BB10. If someone likes it and it fulfills their needs, then that's awesome. It's perfectly usable and capable and to be honest, the challenge of workarounds is actuality quite fun to me.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-18 10:30 PM
    I'll never understand why there's this core group of users on here that feel it's their duty to trash and discourage people from using BB10. If someone likes it and it fulfills their needs, then that's awesome. It's perfectly usable and capable and to be honest, the challenge of workarounds is actuality quite fun to me.

Posted via CB10
    Everyone has their opinion and perspective.
    12-19-18 10:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    When you start a thread about "hey, I'm going to do X, what do you think?" , do you expect 100 pats on the back or some different points of view?
    12-19-18 11:24 PM
    When you start a thread about "hey, I'm going to do X, what do you think?" , do you expect 100 pats on the back or some different points of view?
    Well yeah but you do it in basically every thread about BB10 as if it's your duty. But honestly, Conite, I don't take your opinion seriously as you've proven yourself to be some sort of unpaid BlackBerry promoter. Your opinion is so incredibly biased that I just don't even process your posts anymore.

And the OP wasn't even asking for advice. He was proclaiming his choice and asking if anyone else feels similar. He wasn't asking if he should or should not use BB10.
    12-19-18 11:41 PM
    Well yeah but you do it in basically every thread about BB10 as if it's your duty. But honestly, Conite, I don't take your opinion seriously as you've proven yourself to be some sort of unpaid BlackBerry promoter. Your opinion is so incredibly biased that I just don't even process your posts anymore.
    Lol you're either blind or have no idea on what conite's contributed to the BB10 community.
    12-20-18 12:07 AM
    Lol you're either blind or have no idea on what conite's contributed to the BB10 community.
    I'm well aware of his contributions to help people on BB10. Doesn't change the fact that he's an unpaid BlackBerry promoter that operates with extreme bias.

The problem with the strategy of trashing BB10 and encouraging folks to use BB Android is that BB Android is seriously underwhelming and unrefined. You tell people to throw away their Classics and Passports and they're going to realize how much better and how many choices there are on Android.
    12-20-18 12:12 AM
    I still get some use out of my Classic, don't really need it though. Lot of mixed reviews on Key2 from my perspective which is a shame. I had hoped it would have lived up to the Bolds or even the Classics positive reputation. Still a great device.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 12-20-18 at 04:06 AM.
    12-20-18 02:35 AM
    I'm well aware of his contributions to help people on BB10. Doesn't change the fact that he's an unpaid BlackBerry promoter that operates with extreme bias.

The problem with the strategy of trashing BB10 and encouraging folks to use BB Android is that BB Android is seriously underwhelming and unrefined. You tell people to throw away their Classics and Passports and they're going to realize how much better and how many choices there are on Android.
    I believe you're confusing me with someone else. I have never once "trashed" anyone who has a preference for BB10.
    12-20-18 06:41 AM

And the OP wasn't even asking for advice. He was proclaiming his choice and asking if anyone else feels similar. He wasn't asking if he should or should not use BB10.
    I think you're referring to the_boon in this thread, conite is ok, at least in my brief interactions, however some posters feel that ridiculing a user makes a useful point. Another knowledgeable poster in regard to BB10 devices is TrumpetTiger. The thing the_boon needs to understand is that the BB marketplace is now well developed, this means that people that purchase a used Priv for $150 fill-in a gap i.e., the buyer of the Priv feels he got a good deal, the seller gets funds that he/she may purchase a new BB Key2 for $150 less, so the seller feels he got a good deal too – this is called the market place. However when guys/gals like the_boon go after the lower end of the market (pushing the Key2/Key2 LE and ridiculing others opinions or their views on BB10 devices) they are in fact undermining BB's potential market. As zer0ten says if the Classic does the job for a particular user that's great, that likely means the buyer of the Classic probably injected $100 into the BB market-place, and those funds will probably be used to fund the purchase of a new BB device e.g., a Key2/LE. Most users like myself prefer to stick with a brand they know and like but if you get a bad taste because of a bad experience, you might be looking around for something different.

Just for the record I played with a Key2 LE at Staples and found the keyboard typing experience nice and Android 8.0 pretty slick. Would I buy one, definitely when my Classic is no longer usable.
    12-20-18 11:59 AM
    I think you're referring to the_boon in this thread, conite is ok, at least in my brief interactions, however some posters feel that ridiculing a user makes a useful point. Another knowledgeable poster in regard to BB10 devices is TrumpetTiger. The thing the_boon needs to understand is that the BB marketplace is now well developed, this means that people that purchase a used Priv for $150 fill-in a gap i.e., the buyer of the Priv feels he got a good deal, the seller gets funds that he/she may purchase a new BB Key2 for $150 less, so the seller feels he got a good deal too – this is called the market place. However when guys/gals like the_boon go after the lower end of the market (pushing the Key2/Key2 LE and ridiculing others opinions or their views on BB10 devices) they are in fact undermining BB's potential market. As zer0ten says if the Classic does the job for a particular user that's great, that likely means the buyer of the Classic probably injected $100 into the BB market-place, and those funds will probably be used to fund the purchase of a new BB device e.g., a Key2/LE. Most users like myself prefer to stick with a brand they know and like but if you get a bad taste because of a bad experience, you might be looking around for something different.

Just for the record I played with a Key2 LE at Staples and found the keyboard typing experience nice and Android 8.0 pretty slick. Would I buy one, definitely when my Classic is no longer usable.
    It might be me too. I'll gladly discourage any new users from BB10 as many don't realize the platform is rapidly approaching EOL point. I also will push Key devices over the older devices since again, many aren't familiar with the shorter lifespan remaining on the older PRIV and DTEK models. I don't care about the BB market-place device prices.
    12-20-18 05:25 PM
    It might be me too. I'll gladly discourage any new users from BB10 as many don't realize the platform is rapidly approaching EOL point. I also will push Key devices over the older devices since again, many aren't familiar with the shorter lifespan remaining on the older PRIV and DTEK models. I don't care about the BB market-place device prices.
    I, personally, am glad I got the Q10 instead of a Key. Even the Q10 is on the large size for my tastes, but I needed the PKB. A Key would have been way too big. I hope BB puts a light phone the size of the Classic or Q10 on the market. The Key is too large for a phone, but too small for a tablet.

But, that is my preference and opinion.

Posted via CB10
    bb9900user2018 and jmorgan456 like this.
    12-20-18 08:13 PM
    I, personally, am glad I got the Q10 instead of a Key. Even the Q10 is on the large size for my tastes, but I needed the PKB. A Key would have been way too big. I hope BB puts a light phone the size of the Classic or Q10 on the market. The Key is too large for a phone, but too small for a tablet.

But, that is my preference and opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Yay! Another opportunity to use my pic.
    12-20-18 08:34 PM
    Feeling the same about some of you but my case is different:

- after 4 years of Q5 moved to Priv...

- It was OK at the beginning (using Priv);

- after 1 year with Priv I started to figure out it's too big, too "lazy" (I was spending more time with lazy app's than at real work (mail/msg/calls)...also android UI simply SUCKS!!!

- bought a Classic and oh dear...I missed this Ferrari OS/User Interface...

Unfortunately no chance to use Classic as only phone...some apps only works with Android/Iphone...and now thinking to replace the Priv for an Iphone SE or Sony Xperia Compact...

- moved
    12-22-18 01:09 PM
    Feeling the same about some of you but my case is different:

- after 4 years of Q5 moved to Priv...

- It was OK at the beginning (using Priv);

- after 1 year with Priv I started to figure out it's too big, too "lazy" (I was spending more time with lazy app's than at real work (mail/msg/calls)...also android UI simply SUCKS!!!

- bought a Classic and oh dear...I missed this Ferrari OS/User Interface...

Unfortunately no chance to use Classic as only phone...some apps only works with Android/Iphone...and now thinking to replace the Priv for an Iphone SE or Sony Xperia Compact...

- moved
    Get the iPhone XR if going to IOS from or get the Key2 or Key2 LE if staying with BBAndroid depending on your carrier.
    12-22-18 02:02 PM
    Get the iPhone XR if going to IOS from or get the Key2 or Key2 LE if staying with BBAndroid depending on your carrier.
    Classic will stay...no chance to replace this piece of art...

Now just looking for a secondary/auxiliary phone (at moment priv). Only one requirement: single/one-handed handset...Classic is the Limit...iphone SE seems perfect and Xperia X Compact seems fine too...
    12-22-18 03:30 PM
    Classic will stay...no chance to replace this piece of art...

Now just looking for a secondary/auxiliary phone (at moment priv). Only one requirement: single/one-handed handset...Classic is the Limit...iphone SE seems perfect and Xperia X Compact seems fine too...
    My comment was about replacing the PRIV, the XR over the SE and one handed use. I upgraded from the 5 to XR and only slightly bigger and worth it. App developers are optimizing for larger screens. My XR is same dimensions as my KEYone so it wasn’t big deal.
    12-22-18 03:40 PM
    My comment was about replacing the PRIV, the XR over the SE and one handed use. I upgraded from the 5 to XR and only slightly bigger and worth it. App developers are optimizing for larger screens. My XR is same dimensions as my KEYone so it wasn’t big deal.
    XR is larger than Priv...no chance to handle it with one hand to do almost everything for me...Priv needs my 2 hands almost everytime...tired of that.

Classic barely needs 2 hands for ex. even being a bit large but that's only possible for me due UI of BBOS10...
    12-22-18 04:31 PM
54 123