What glass screen protector and case have you settled on?
    08-02-16 08:52 AM
    Seidio case and screen protector.

I've been interested in a tempered glass screen protector. Maybe i'll get one next time it goes on sale.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 09:28 AM
    I've got the Ultra Crystal screen protector and the Classic pouch.

My 9700 and flip BB phones have both used the BB leather pouches and I've never had any problems with the phones being in the pouches or the occasional drop whilst in the pouches. (And both phones still work as good as new! And with original batteries!!)

Don't forget that the BB pouches have the auto standby mode built in.
    Gebo likes this.
    08-03-16 05:19 AM
    I used an otterbox and a CitiGeeks glass screen protector when I used a classic a year ago. I've recently ordered another classic, so I've also ordered another set of protectors. I also intend to get a cheap chinese fake leather holster that fits the classic with the otterbox.

Posted via CB10 w/ Q5
    08-03-16 06:31 AM
    I used an otterbox and a CitiGeeks glass screen protector when I used a classic a year ago. I've recently ordered another classic, so I've also ordered another set of protectors. I also intend to get a cheap chinese fake leather holster that fits the classic with the otterbox.

Posted via CB10 w/ Q5
    Does the Otterbox affect your typing along the edges of the screen? I'm assuming since you are going back to it that it didn't bother you.

I want a case that will still allow me to use the BB sync pod without me having to remove the case.
    08-03-16 07:07 AM
    I'm having trouble finding out what kind of 'scratch resistant' glass is on the new DTEK

Jaglenn's Passport
    08-03-16 11:11 AM
    For my Classic, I use the BlackBerry leather sleeve, and the screen protector was just some cheap one I got off of Amazon. This combo works well for me; but, if I find that I will be needing the phone more frequently, as in one-handed use, I will replace the leather sleeve with the BlackBerry soft shell.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 12:13 PM
    Does the Otterbox affect your typing along the edges of the screen? I'm assuming since you are going back to it that it didn't bother you.

I want a case that will still allow me to use the BB sync pod without me having to remove the case.
    The edge of the otterbox is lowered around the keyboard, so it doesn't get in the way of typing. I haven't used any other cases with the Classic, but I think it is pretty good. The only other cases I know of with this level of protection are the Seidio (there are two, one of them is a "rugged" type) and the Trident Aegis.

Posted via CB10 w/ Q5
    08-03-16 12:37 PM
    I use a black Blackberry soft shell case. It looks very smart and has saved my Classic plenty of times. I don't use a screen protector. I've have my Classic over a year and not one scratch on it. Before I got the case I dropped my phone all the time on the road. I got plenty of marks on the silver outline and even lost one of the silver bits from the logo on the back hence why I got the case. But the screen took every drop and most of the time it would finish tumbling and land face down and I would dread the screen was cracked but not one scratch. Not even a tiny one.

Posted via CB10 on my Classic
    08-03-16 08:19 PM
    My classic arrived today. I take back my recommendation on the CitiGeeks' glass screen protector; the bottom was not smoothed down, so the swipe up gesture is difficult and painful.

Posted via CB10 w/ Q5
    08-03-16 08:26 PM