Hey, new guy here from Sweden.. I don't know how to do this but lets just get at it.

I want a smartphone with a physical keyboard, i had the q10 for like 4 months. LOVED IT, but it didn't love me back, i had a hard time defending it.. After 4 months with my q10 i received an samsung s5 from my buddy (he hated my BB) but i really miss blackberry, it was easy to have in one hand, miss the HUB and the look of it, specially in a country where you either have an iphone or samsung.
    I loved the HUB it helped me keep an eye on things like appointments, important emails etc. Everything was organized.

Why didn't it love me back?
    Well, the battery life sucked and thats a major issue for me, after 8-10 hrs of usage i had to charge it again. I do a lot of phone calls, messaging back and forth(WhatsApp, Textmsgs, Viber, Skype) and i gotta check my emails frequently(get between 60-100 emails per day), got my own sales company with 30 employees(in different cities), Boxing Gym and a Webshop, just to give you guys a better picture. So battery life is everything to me..

Secondly; Apps.
    I don't play games or anything i just gotta have these 5 apps "BankID" and "Swedbank" which is my banking apps, it was really pain in the *** to use the browser for transactions, specially when you're on the road a lot. Instagram, Snapchat and Spotify (MUST HAVE).

Damn, i planned to keep it short and simple..
    Thank you for reading and i appreciate every answer, i hope you guys can help me out here. I'm only interested in the BB Classic. The price is at 4800 SEK (almost 600 USD) here in Sweden.

P.S
    My english aint that great so if there is anything you don't understand, well then i guess you don't understand

Kind regards
    Alain
    servandohv likes this.
    01-08-15 07:20 PM
    Lol, your buddy gave you a Samsung because he hated the phone you had chosen? Never heard that before!

Anyways, let's try some opinions on your thoughts here. Regarding battery life, the Classic has a roughly 20% higher rated capacity battery compared to your Q10. The software also matured much, I don't know which was the latest release of BB10 when you had your Q. 10.3.1 also comes with a battery saving mode. Yet because the Classic has a larger sized 3.5" LCD display, battery consumption when running the phone is higher. Of course if you do a lot of phone calls, it doesn't matter, since the display isn't active at all.
    If I got the info correctly here around those forums, many people get a slightly better better battery life compared to their Q10s, translates roughly in the 15-20% region. Again it depends on a lot of what you actually do with your phone on your daily routine.

Regarding those apps, I at least know that neither Snapchat nor Instagram are available as official native versions. You can however either use the respective third party native apps like iGrann or you can install Snap and use a large catalogue of Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 09:20 PM
    The original poster got some really nice friends

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 11:10 PM
    The original poster got some really nice friends

Posted via CB10
    Nice friends? So nice is to try to control your choices? If my friend "hated" my BB and gave me a S5, I would have sold it and bought another BB or two...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-08-15 11:14 PM
    Started with a Z10 and loved it right away, then my daughter wanted a mobile in white with a keyboard so she got a cheap CURVE for a start, after that my wife got jealous and wanted a simple keyboard phone as well so she got a Q5 witch she still loves and don't want to give it away.
    After a while my daughters CURVE running up the data plan in no time because Vodafone was unable to update and keep charging big bugs, well daughters what else can you do, had a hard time to convince her to get an alternative phone with the BlackBerry OS10 to be able to make use of a Flatrate plane for her, well finally she agreed under protest because she loves the toolbelt and this small Curve but soon fell in love with her new Q10 even so that non of her friends and school mates are using any other smartphone but no BlackBerry at all anyway but still is very proudly flashing her Q10 at any time.

So now I switched over from my trusted Z10 to the brand new BlackBerry CLASSIC because I wanted a keyboard as well for a change, but now have to keep an sharp eye on it all the time because my two female predecessors are getting very much interested in my Classic too, luckily for me they're still thinking the Classic would be to large for their hands, don't know for how much longer, and the story will continue fetching few more of this awesome devices sooner or later.

Q20/Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.1.1949
    Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 01-09-15 at 07:37 AM.
    anon(9155131) likes this.
    01-09-15 04:24 AM
    Started with a Z10 and loved it right away, then my daughter wanted a mobile in white with a keyboard so she got a cheap CURVE for a start, after that my wife got jealous and wanted a simple keyboard phone as well so she got a Q5 witch she still loves and don't want to give it away.
    After a while my daughters CURVE running up the data plan in no time because Vodafone was unable to update and keep charging big bugs, well daughters what else can you do, had a hard time to convince here to get an alternative phone with the BlackBerry OS10 to be able to make use of a Flatrate plane for her, well finally she agreed under protest because she loves the toolbelt and this small Curve but soon fell in love with her new Q10 even so that non of her friends and school mates are using any other smartphone but no BlackBerry at all anyway but still is very proudly flashing her Q10 at any time.

So now I switched over from my trusted Z10 to the brand new BlackBerry CLASSIC because I wanted a keyboard as well for a change, but now have to keep an sharp eye on it all the time because my two female predecessors are getting very much interested in my Classic too, luckily for me they're still thinking the Classic would be to large for their hands, don't know for how much longer, and the story will continue fetching more of this awesome devices sooner or later.

Q20/Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.1.1949
    My daughter has a Z10, loves Blend but is eyeing the LG G3 for her next upgrade. Since I have my new Classic, she has been playing with my device. It will be interesting seeing what she will do when she realizes Blend will be gone once she switches to Android. And she absolutely loves the OS10 keyboards.

Posted via Classic
    01-09-15 06:59 AM
    10.3.1.XXXX has much better power management than earlier versions. Install Snap and you'll get almost every Android app functional, not always perfect if they require google Play Services but there are a few work arounds depending upon your patience level.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 11:02 AM
    Must be speaking french?

Z 30
    01-10-15 12:24 PM
    Nice friends? So nice is to try to control your choices? If my friend "hated" my BB and gave me a S5, I would have sold it and bought another BB or two...

"control your choices?" Lol, less focus on my friends, u don't know them

10.3.1.XXXX has much better power management than earlier versions. Install Snap and you'll get almost every Android app functional, not always perfect if they require google Play Services but there are a few work arounds depending upon your patience level.

Posted via CB10
    Perfect, thank you! What about the battery life?
    Must be speaking french?

Z 30
    No sorry, but i'm a fan of olympique de marseille
    01-12-15 04:46 PM
    "control your choices?" Lol, less focus on my friends, u don't know them
    Oh no, you're right, not liking your phone and buying you a phone of their choice is not trying to control anything at all. My mistake man. What the heck was I thinking?

BerryRipe likes this.
    01-12-15 04:50 PM
    How come you are wearing a French name then?

But are the apps that he wants worked on the Classic?????

"I don't play games or anything i just gotta have these 5 apps "BankID" and "Swedbank" which is my banking apps, it was really pain in the *** to use the browser for transactions, specially when you're on the road a lot. Instagram, Snapchat and Spotify (MUST HAVE). "
    01-12-15 06:33 PM
    Classic och Passport r mycket bttre devices n Q10 r. Android support r mycket bttre p dem med 10.3.1 och de flesta Android appar funkar d. Vill du ha en telefon med tangentbord s r BlackBerry det bsta punkt ****. Jag har bde Passport och Classic och lskar bde tv. Tycker du om en fysisk tangentbord s kan du inte g fel. Och glm kompis trycket... BlackBerry for life!

Todd

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 07:49 PM
    How come you are wearing a French name then?

But are the apps that he wants worked on the Classic?????

"I don't play games or anything i just gotta have these 5 apps "BankID" and "Swedbank" which is my banking apps, it was really pain in the *** to use the browser for transactions, specially when you're on the road a lot. Instagram, Snapchat and Spotify (MUST HAVE). "
    Well my mother was a big fan of Alain Delon, something like that.

Classic och Passport r mycket bttre devices n Q10 r. Android support r mycket bttre p dem med 10.3.1 och de flesta Android appar funkar d. Vill du ha en telefon med tangentbord s r BlackBerry det bsta punkt ****. Jag har bde Passport och Classic och lskar bde tv. Tycker du om en fysisk tangentbord s kan du inte g fel. Och glm kompis trycket... BlackBerry for life!

Todd

Posted via CB10
    Tack fr tipsen iaf ser nog att bli en classic, hoppas bara p bra batteritid
    01-15-15 04:45 AM
    Well my mother was a big fan of Alain Delon, something like that.
    Right I remember him....Lol

Z 30
    01-15-15 11:33 AM
    Vart kpte du din Classic, hur mycket betalade du, var det SQC100-01 och vilken mobiloperatr har du? Urskta fr frgorna, men r jtte sugen p att kpa en hr snarast.
    02-01-15 02:56 AM
    Vart kpte du din Classic, hur mycket betalade du, var det SQC100-01 och vilken mobiloperatr har du? Urskta fr frgorna, men r jtte sugen p att kpa en hr snarast.
    Well, I never! :-)

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 07:36 PM
    Oh no, you're right, not liking your phone and buying you a phone of their choice is not trying to control anything at all. My mistake man. What the heck was I thinking?

Geesh, take it easy buddy, no need to get all grumpy

I was just saying I wish I also have a friend who offers me a brand new device that he likes for free

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 02:50 AM
    Geesh, take it easy buddy, no need to get all grumpy

I was just saying I wish I also have a friend who offers me a brand new device that he likes for free

Posted via CB10
    Who's getting grumpy? Are we required to put smileys all over the place or else all of a sudden I'm grumpy? lol

Hey, if the friend doesn't mind you selling it right away and keeping the cash, then that's cool, but when people give you things, there's an expectation for you to use it. I would just turn it down and say "no thank you" politely.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    02-18-15 01:19 AM
    Who's getting grumpy? Are we required to put smileys all over the place or else all of a sudden I'm grumpy? lol

Hey, if the friend doesn't mind you selling it right away and keeping the cash, then that's cool, but when people give you things, there's an expectation for you to use it. I would just turn it down and say "no thank you" politely.
    Hahah wow, you must be really fun to hang out with

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-18-15 09:09 AM
    Hahah wow, you must be really fun to hang out with

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Lol, still not enough smileys or because I like to use what I use and not what others want me to use? Is that how we define "fun" now? Lol, so strange

BerryRipe likes this.
    02-18-15 09:25 AM
    So strange indeed. Sometimes I have itchy armpits B-)

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 07:27 PM