10-28-15 05:24 PM
98 ... 234
tools
    I need help people. I don't know if it's me or everyone is starting to feel this way but I'm getting tired of my blackberry not having an app that I use a lot which is snapchat. I hate having to carry two phones. Another thing is that sure amazon provides a lot of more apps to the blackberry but the apps are so freaking slow. For example the spotify app is another app that I use a lot on a daily basis. But it's soooo slow to load up my playlists and sometimes doesn't even load which leads me to have to open and close the app 4-5 times till it loads each taking about 30 seconds to 1 minute to know if it loaded or not since when it does load it takes forever. Even if I have the music downloaded it takes forever. I understand on the passport it virtually takes no time to open but classic has **** specs compared to passport specs. I love the os and keyboard of my blackberry. I don't want to get rid of it because i've been a blackberry fan for so long and I love the keyboard but I'm tired of the blackberries being so far behind compared to other phones. In the exception of the passport. The battery is supposed to be 2500 mAh but my phone dies so freaking fast. I'm talking about it being at 50% after 2 hours of non-stop use. Is that stupid or what? I'm leaning towards getting an iPhone. Am I doing something wrong is this just the harsh reality? Your opinions would be highly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Or, you can always do what I did. I'm an Ingress player and obviously I can't run that game on my Classic due to it requiring Google Play Services. So I went out and bought me a Android LG G Pad 7.0 for cheap at AT&T. I love my Classic and I don't see myself using an iPhone or Android as my main device. So if you want to keep your BlackBerry as your main secure device and your tablet for play. Then it might be something to consider. I don't have the battery problem like you do on my Classic but it looks like you have plenty of reliable comments on that issue. I have to say though, having a second device just for play is nice because it does keep my main BlackBerry device charged for longer from playing games, listening to youtube or whatever it is that I like to do that would add extra wear on my battery.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 10:37 AM
    I have Spotify on my Classic, my Passport, my Windows 10 laptop, my wife's Android Galaxy phone, and Note tablet.

It opens fastest on my laptop (and it better for the amount I paid for the damned thing. Sidenote: my wife's $400 Lenovo usually matches or surpasses it and I will never buy an overpriced laptop again). On every other device, it takes 3 to 5 seconds to open. I don't understand how this is a problem. Once open, it runs smooth on all devices. I don't even see a performance difference on the Classic compared to my Passport or our tablet.

And SnapChat? I don't use it and don't really see the appeal. Not for everyone. If this is a deal breaker for you then I guess the deal is off. I personally carry two devices around and I love it. As others said, it saves the battery on your primary device and you can have one for work and one for play. Of course, I do it a bit differently as I rock the Classic for work and the Passport for even more serious work. I try to reserve play for real life rather than on a tiny little screen.
    andy957 likes this.
    09-17-15 02:02 PM
    I have a Q10 that is worth $100. I have been looking at the been the Classic but I can't find a real reason to buy it. They have them on Ebay for $265---so that's $165 to upgrade. The specs are the same--screen less--so why should I buy?
    I have both, and I frankly waffle back and forth.

I love the form factor of the Q10 - the size and keyboard layout seem perfect to me. But lately, every time I go back to the Q10, I quickly miss the bigger screen (my eyes - and the rest of me - are getting old!), the brighter screen, and the toolbelt.

Regarding the screen being "less" - it's true that the DPI is lower, but I don't notice that- in fact I find the screen on the Classic to be significantly better, much brighter and easier to see with much more accurate and vibrant colors.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 06:00 PM
    I don't think "SnapChat" and "Blackberry" go together....thats like being a serial photographer and getting upset with Apple or Samsung because the camera is subpar......What exactly do you expect...

What is SnapChat and all these redundant texting apps traditional sms works all the same not to mention BBM has additional features if you care sooooo much you can even subscribe to them. There isn't one "feature" that SnapChat does over BBM, reg email or sms/mms worth crying about. If people matured and communicated with like minded people would be no need for kik what's app etc.. just children...oh I bet u want InstaSham too lol lawd.

Don't be a function and use a RIM device, they are built for thinkers not children wanting redundant apps....I look forward to the Classic revision! Better SOC, hardware "slightly" larger keyboard, RAM, and I'm sold I can't wait....the slider looks ok I guess but it doesn't work like the Palm Pre which was the ultimate slider but the keyboard I do remember being dismal the classic is great jus a tad bigger keyboard. Way better than the wide Passport keyboard...Get a cheap android tablet if you want media consumption. Nothing trumps a great call text and email device like the Classic it just handles primary real life phone functions much better

J Be....Here But Gone...
    09-18-15 05:59 AM
    It's up to your use. I have no use for snapchat, I just text. If something shouldn't be remembered, it shouldn't be sent in the first place. That's my stance on that. So even if it comes to BB10, I won't bother to install it. And none of those music services do it for me. My taste in music is too specific, I stick to my music (mp3 and flac) that I hand pick for myself. I'm guaranteed to like every song in my playlist...

But if those apps are important to you, go get an Android device and be happy.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I'm in the same boat. If I have something sensitive to discuss I --- gasp! --- make a phone call. Yup. I actually call and speak to people, just like it's still 1985. Maybe I'm just a geezer or a Luddite. I just don't see the value in putting something out there that might embarrass me cause an issue.

There is a simple test for "should I / shouldn't I" situations. Ask yourself if you'd sign your name to it. I guess that's just for those of us that still see things as black or white.
    09-20-15 12:21 PM
    I'm in the same boat. If I have something sensitive to discuss I --- gasp! --- make a phone call. Yup. I actually call and speak to people, just like it's still 1985. Maybe I'm just a geezer or a Luddite. I just don't see the value in putting something out there that might embarrass me cause an issue.

There is a simple test for "should I / shouldn't I" situations. Ask yourself if you'd sign your name to it. I guess that's just for those of us that still see things as black or white.
    Pretty much if you ever have to ask yourself if you should send it, don't send it.

rambo47 likes this.
    09-20-15 12:38 PM
    Did you install spotify from snap or amazon store?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 08:51 AM
    In the forums here, I guess it's not unusual to find many making excuses for BlackBerry basedd on their loyalty. Have done so myself on many occasion.

However it's really getting to the point where this devicce is simply not up to Parr with the needs of modern business, and certainly not modern regular old everyday phone use for the average person using their device for work and daily life. Let's face facts... BlackBerry is not even really business friendly anymore! C'mon people- admit it! I use my Passport and Classiccc every day. I happen to be typing this on my AT&T Passport and I am not correcting the double types. This is annoying, to say the least. And yeah, I know there is wild debate about this 'mystery issue' and honestly- I don't give a flip abbout whatever causes the DT issue. End of the day people, it's here, it's real, annd it's total B.S. that it has never been addressed by BlackBerry.

As far as apps go, sorry loyalists- bbut damn... there just are none that the modern business person uses! Heck, none that the average person uses who just likes the phone. It's pathetic really. I have to go to my iPad to use my Starbucks app and my expense tracking and mileage tracking apps, all my bbanking apps. Sure, I might find an Adroid port here and there that works. Maybe... Maybe I can do some tedious tinker surgery on the app to convert it to work... yeah, I don't think so. Again, at the end of that same day, there are feww worth their salt in BlackBerry World and half the Android ones I DL from 1mobile Market or Amazon App store just plain don't work or work like a slug and not fully.

Sorry hardcore BBer's, (yes, me included) but the app experience on BB just sucks. Very few workable full featured apps in BlackBerry World that I can use... so where to go? To my iPad, that's where. The 'toy' the 'evil' the 'yada, yada, blah, blah- Apple can't hold the shorts of BlackBerry' hooey that I hear and read on here abbout how much better BB10 is, but peeps just don't know... Oh freakin' please... And their never going to because BlackBerry does practically zero advertising and the advertising they DO do is aimed at business folks who are already gone to OTHER platforms because of... wait for it... ease of adoption and FUNCTIONALITY!!! Wow!!... I'm tired of being bbehind my coworkers. Tired of flying the BlackBerry flag and fed up with the near obliterated app deficit on BlackBerry. YES! Apps matter for all those who will reply that they 'don't need' or 'don't use' this app or that... Folks, snap out of it please.

I'll give the Android Priv a chance, but that will be the last one. I'm just tired of making excuses for BlackBerry and then watching them screw it all up with a total lacck of support for their own devices.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kobnyc; 10-27-15 at 11:51 AM.
    eji930 likes this.
    10-26-15 04:32 PM
    on my classics screen... ^^^ this is a giant wall of text...
    10-26-15 05:06 PM
    on my classics screen... ^^^ this is a giant wall of text...
    I admit, it's a rant. :-(

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 05:51 PM
    My work Classic is used pretty hard through the day, with a lot of uploads and downloads, as well as running a project timer app plus others on and off, and still get home in the evening with almost half my battery left. I have found, as mentioned above, that android apps will run in the background and kill your battery life.

I used to have a few on my Z30 but I was lucky to get to the next day with any battery left. I installed an android app killer and that helped a lot, saving me around 25% of battery through the day, but I got tired of monitoring the phone and killing apps, so I deleted all android apps and am a happy camper now.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 12:28 AM
    my work classic is used pretty hard through the day, with a lot of uploads and downloads, as well as running a project timer app plus others on and off, and still get home in the evening with almost half my battery left. I have found, as mentioned above, that android apps will run in the background and kill your battery life.

I used to have a few on my z30 but i was lucky to get to the next day with any battery left. I installed an android app killer and that helped a lot, saving me around 25% of battery through the day, but i got tired of monitoring the phone and killing apps, so i deleted all android apps and am a happy camper now.

Posted via cb10
    +1

pin 2cof829a
    10-27-15 12:40 AM
    Delusional...purely delusional folks if you don't believe apps matter...seeing the PRIV, regardless of success or not is truly the end for Blackberry 10. It's been said time and again..BB10 is going the way of the PB. I've lied to myself for years saying Blackberry would come around..they are not going to folks..stop being blind sheep.
    eji930 likes this.
    10-27-15 06:38 AM
    Delusional...purely delusional folks if you don't believe apps matter...seeing the PRIV, regardless of success or not is truly the end for Blackberry 10. It's been said time and again..BB10 is going the way of the PB. I've lied to myself for years saying Blackberry would come around..they are not going to folks..stop being blind sheep.
    Gospel +1

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 11:43 AM
    In terms of the market, yes, apps definitely matter. In terms of the phones productivity and usability, they don't really. I agree with you that BB will continue to fail if they don't have the apps, but I think it's sad that people would rather be able to send **** pics with snapchat than have a phone with actual great features. Oh well...

10-27-15 01:52 PM
    Agree. Totally mindless teenagers play

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 07:46 PM
    In terms of the market, yes, apps definitely matter. In terms of the phones productivity and usability, they don't really. I agree with you that BB will continue to fail if they don't have the apps, but I think it's sad that people would rather be able to send **** pics with snapchat than have a phone with actual great features. Oh well...

This has nothing to do with Snapchat.

Applications are a POWERFUL work tool that make up 65-70% of my device downloads. Yet Blackberry fails to recognize that business users have evolved. So yes, apps do matter in terms of device productivity and usability.
    10-28-15 01:07 PM

Applications are a POWERFUL work tool that make up 65-70% of my device downloads. Yet Blackberry fails to recognize that business users have evolved. So yes, apps do matter in terms of device productivity and usability.
    Whether other companies make apps for BB10 has very little to do with BB themselves. However they did drop the ball by updating their OS way too late in the game and it has been a downward spiral from there...

10-28-15 01:21 PM
    My work Classic is used pretty hard through the day, with a lot of uploads and downloads, as well as running a project timer app plus others on and off, and still get home in the evening with almost half my battery left. I have found, as mentioned above, that android apps will run in the background and kill your battery life.

I used to have a few on my Z30 but I was lucky to get to the next day with any battery left. I installed an android app killer and that helped a lot, saving me around 25% of battery through the day, but I got tired of monitoring the phone and killing apps, so I deleted all android apps and am a happy camper now.

Posted via CB10
    Good news is they run Android apps == Bad news not worth a Fk .
    10-28-15 04:02 PM
    Being dependent on apps must really suck. Like being addicted to some bad drug. Why do you think you 'need' apps? That's so weak.

Posted via CB10
    conbrio29 likes this.
    10-28-15 04:46 PM
    I might use the Classic, just because it has lower specs and a smaller screen. Maybe I will just stop using phones altogether and move to sign language and cave wall drawings, while remaining silent.

Posted via CB10
    bcasual2 likes this.
    10-28-15 04:49 PM

Same here. My work uses 5 different apps as a matter of course for a multitude of business functions. None of which are available on BB10. PDF Expert- not available. Docusign- not available. Google Maps- not available. MS Office 365- not available. Taxbot- not available.

My work uses these every day and I'm gonna hazard a guess that many other businesses use same or similar too, and its a fair bet to say that they won't be finding these on BB10. The real world is that apps do now matter to many, many businesses and I don't feel 'guilty' for still being BlackBerry loyal, yet expecting my phone of choice to also be able to have available the ones I use for personal stuff too. To read some of the posts on CB it's like you're the demon spawn from hell if you even hint that you use an app that BlackBerry doesn't have. Ridiculous.

How can BlackBerry still say they are the 'ultimate business productivity machine' when the productivity means really isn't there in full? Sure email and calls are great. However, in the working world today, those 2 are, and have been for a while now, just a piece of what constitutes the full array of modern productivity tools that businesses - and people in their everyday lives - use.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kobnyc; 10-29-15 at 09:29 AM.
    10-28-15 05:06 PM
    I was having an issue, thought the battery was going bad. Then, I deleted several Android apps and - blam doubled
    the life on a charge. I also make it a habit to close anything that is running - when I am done with it's use. Blam, more
    juice. I came from an HTC ONE and an iPhone 5. Why, because of the messaging is Primo and that was second on
    the list. First being a great phone. I will not go back to Android or Apple. They are great but neither comes close to
    BB for my needs.
    10-28-15 05:24 PM
98 ... 234