I need help people. I don't know if it's me or everyone is starting to feel this way but I'm getting tired of my blackberry not having an app that I use a lot which is snapchat. I hate having to carry two phones. Another thing is that sure amazon provides a lot of more apps to the blackberry but the apps are so freaking slow. For example the spotify app is another app that I use a lot on a daily basis. But it's soooo slow to load up my playlists and sometimes doesn't even load which leads me to have to open and close the app 4-5 times till it loads each taking about 30 seconds to 1 minute to know if it loaded or not since when it does load it takes forever. Even if I have the music downloaded it takes forever. I understand on the passport it virtually takes no time to open but classic has **** specs compared to passport specs. I love the os and keyboard of my blackberry. I don't want to get rid of it because i've been a blackberry fan for so long and I love the keyboard but I'm tired of the blackberries being so far behind compared to other phones. In the exception of the passport. The battery is supposed to be 2500 mAh but my phone dies so freaking fast. I'm talking about it being at 50% after 2 hours of non-stop use. Is that stupid or what? I'm leaning towards getting an iPhone. Am I doing something wrong is this just the harsh reality? Your opinions would be highly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 07:38 PM
    50% after 2 hours of straight use? Wow.

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    07-17-15 08:14 PM
    Sounds like something is bogging down your phone. I don't know if it's maybe brightness settings, the frequency that it is set to check for emails, certain apps or a certain app, but mine is not sluggish at all, even with Spotify.

I do miss Snapchat too. I am using 3rd party app Casper for it, but not sure if Snapchat will eventually catch it and warn me to discontinue use or block my account.

My battery life is great, I've been using this heavily for two and a half hours and still at 77%. Wasn't at 100 to begin either.

Posted with my  Classic
    Me2 likes this.
    07-17-15 08:14 PM
    Someone had posted the link to the patched version of snapchat. It was working for most. Try that.

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2576
    07-17-15 08:16 PM
    Snapchat won't work unless you make a new account and never log out.
    Restart your phone if you find its running slow. And keep an eye on your device monitor for apps running in the background that you don't need.
    Furthermore, two hours of straight use with the screen on mid to high brightness will kill the battery of any and all devices. Especially if you're running Android apps. Try to find webversions or native versions of apps you use.
    07-17-15 08:19 PM
    snapchat requires google play services. I never got it to work. I don't need it that much to be honest so it isn't a dealbreaker for me. I feel your pain though.

Posted via CB10
    nyfinch likes this.
    07-17-15 08:31 PM
    Huh Spotify works fine on my classic just about as fast as my note 4. Something must be going on with your phone to eat battery like that and to make spotify run so slow. What all apps do you have on your classic?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 08:47 PM
    Someone had posted the link to the patched version of snapchat. It was working for most. Try that.

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2576
    I think that was with a leaked OS installed though. I have patched Snapchat, all other required Cobalt downloads, does not work for me

Posted with my  Classic
    07-17-15 09:04 PM
    I agree with u tbh same thoughts not sure what to do

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 11:13 PM
    It's up to your use. I have no use for snapchat, I just text. If something shouldn't be remembered, it shouldn't be sent in the first place. That's my stance on that. So even if it comes to BB10, I won't bother to install it. And none of those music services do it for me. My taste in music is too specific, I stick to my music (mp3 and flac) that I hand pick for myself. I'm guaranteed to like every song in my playlist...

But if those apps are important to you, go get an Android device and be happy.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Joao Oliveira, TgeekB and rambo47 like this.
    07-17-15 11:41 PM
    If you still want a physical keyboard and better battery life then maybe consider the Passport. It's quick and the screen size is great. According to other Crackberry forums apps like spotify work on the Passport

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    07-18-15 10:05 AM
    If you still want a physical keyboard and better battery life then maybe consider the Passport. It's quick and the screen size is great. According to other Crackberry forums apps like spotify work on the Passport

Spotify works just fine on my Classic. I think it's no surprise the Classic outsells the Passport 2-1, Passport is too big a device for a lot of the BlackBerry user base.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-18-15 12:16 PM
    I need help people. I don't know if it's me or everyone is starting to feel this way but I'm getting tired of my blackberry not having an app that I use a lot which is snapchat. I hate having to carry two phones. Another thing is that sure amazon provides a lot of more apps to the blackberry but the apps are so freaking slow. For example the spotify app is another app that I use a lot on a daily basis. But it's soooo slow to load up my playlists and sometimes doesn't even load which leads me to have to open and close the app 4-5 times till it loads each taking about 30 seconds to 1 minute to know if it loaded or not since when it does load it takes forever. Even if I have the music downloaded it takes forever. I understand on the passport it virtually takes no time to open but classic has **** specs compared to passport specs. I love the os and keyboard of my blackberry. I don't want to get rid of it because i've been a blackberry fan for so long and I love the keyboard but I'm tired of the blackberries being so far behind compared to other phones. In the exception of the passport. The battery is supposed to be 2500 mAh but my phone dies so freaking fast. I'm talking about it being at 50% after 2 hours of non-stop use. Is that stupid or what? I'm leaning towards getting an iPhone. Am I doing something wrong is this just the harsh reality? Your opinions would be highly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    I'm gonna assume you're around the same age as me, I'm in my early 20s, and I get the use for SnapChat, Spotify. Spotify is laggy for me using the Classic also. But it's just having to deal with these things with the BlackBerry Classic, of course, our usage isn't the market that this device is marketed to, so we can't complain too much also. In our dream world though, our Classic could be the perfect blend of business and midnight fun.

The passport fixes most of the issues but with the size, it turns many people off. I personally don't mind it. But if your alternative is an iPhone, it's a good phone and probably my favorite OS, but the battery life will be pretty bad if you use your phone for 2 hours non-stop, stand by time on the iPhone is amazing but real world usage not so much, the plus for the iPhone battery in my opinion, is it's consistently average so you know when you should top off a charge.
    07-18-15 12:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    I actually was experiencing the same issues and sold my classic to go back to my z30, I was tired of the battery, having to close apps all the time and when they did run it was really slow

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 01:40 PM
    Huh Spotify works fine on my classic just about as fast as my note 4. Something must be going on with your phone to eat battery like that and to make spotify run so slow. What all apps do you have on your classic?

Posted via CB10
    There is no way amazon appstore spotify opens at the same speed as your note 4. That's impossible. Even reviews show how sluggish amazon appstore apps are. They take forever to open up.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 03:41 PM
    It's up to your use. I have no use for snapchat, I just text. If something shouldn't be remembered, it shouldn't be sent in the first place. That's my stance on that. So even if it comes to BB10, I won't bother to install it. And none of those music services do it for me. My taste in music is too specific, I stick to my music (mp3 and flac) that I hand pick for myself. I'm guaranteed to like every song in my playlist...

But if those apps are important to you, go get an Android device and be happy.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Well, spotify you can choose specific songs. It's not Internet radio. That's why I use it so much. And I don't want an android I want an iPhone lmao

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 03:43 PM

I've had the passport but compared to my classic the signal sucked on the passport. Both running on t-mobile's network. Passport gets weak signal. That's why I didn't like it.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 03:44 PM
    I'm gonna assume you're around the same age as me, I'm in my early 20s, and I get the use for SnapChat, Spotify. Spotify is laggy for me using the Classic also. But it's just having to deal with these things with the BlackBerry Classic, of course, our usage isn't the market that this device is marketed to, so we can't complain too much also. In our dream world though, our Classic could be the perfect blend of business and midnight fun.

The passport fixes most of the issues but with the size, it turns many people off. I personally don't mind it. But if your alternative is an iPhone, it's a good phone and probably my favorite OS, but the battery life will be pretty bad if you use your phone for 2 hours non-stop, stand by time on the iPhone is amazing but real world usage not so much, the plus for the iPhone battery in my opinion, is it's consistently average so you know when you should top off a charge.
    Yeah you're right but I've had blackberries forever. I'm used to the keyboard. I want a physical keyboard. Now it's just a matter of what matters the most to me. I've had the passport great fast phone but signal is weak af. Iphone knows how to make the most out of the battery though. The os is greatly optimized.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 03:46 PM
    Sounds like something is bogging down your phone. I don't know if it's maybe brightness settings, the frequency that it is set to check for emails, certain apps or a certain app, but mine is not sluggish at all, even with Spotify.

I do miss Snapchat too. I am using 3rd party app Casper for it, but not sure if Snapchat will eventually catch it and warn me to discontinue use or block my account.

My battery life is great, I've been using this heavily for two and a half hours and still at 77%. Wasn't at 100 to begin either.

Posted with my  Classic
    If my battery was like that I wouldn't change it but this battery sucks balls. I don't know how your phone has such an awesome battery. I just checked my device monitor it says that my system has used 51% of my battery in the last 48 hours. What does that mean? Lmao

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 03:49 PM
    Android apps kill your battery. Don't let them run minimized. You can also switch your email sync rates to not be continuous. My battery lasts about a day and a half normally.

From a Classic
    Mr4aces likes this.
    07-18-15 04:37 PM
    Android apps kill your battery. Don't let them run minimized. You can also switch your email sync rates to not be continuous. My battery lasts about a day and a half normally.

From a Classic
    I already changed my email sync to 4hrs and then the other to 24. But how in the hell do I find out what apps are on the background? The Task Manager app that I saw on another thread isn't on the BBW anymore. And Ghost Commander is confusing af to use. lmao
    ssirica likes this.
    07-18-15 04:39 PM
    Why am i the only person that has never used snapchat or doesn't know anyone who uses it? Maybe it isn't a app for people my age. lol
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    07-18-15 04:46 PM
    Why am i the only person that has never used snapchat or doesn't know anyone who uses it? Maybe it isn't a app for people my age. lol
    You are far from the only person who has never used Snapchat. That does not diminish the hordes of people who do use it and want it.

Posted with my  Classic
    Q10Bold likes this.
    07-18-15 05:49 PM
    I use it but it's pretty much a nonsense app. Sort of like yelling into an empty hallway.

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    muindor and Joao Oliveira like this.
    07-18-15 06:03 PM
    Snapchat can be legendary for a single man.
    07-18-15 09:05 PM
98 123 ...