I don't use the lock screen and have turned it off in the preferences, yet when I end a call where the phone has gone to sleep while the call continued, I naturally hit the end button, and voila - the lock screen. The only way around it is to hit the top power button.
    It may not be called the lock screen. It contains summaries of the messages you have received recently.
    I have chosen to turn off the lock screen because when I pull my phone from sleep I want it active then and there without having to swipe or hit a passwords etc. Why can't I make this global?
    I can also trigger this screen a few other ways besides the call end button.
    08-22-16 12:17 AM
    It may not be called the lock screen. It contains summaries of the messages you have received recently.
    -------
    I have chosen to turn off the lock screen because when I pull my phone from sleep I want it active then and there without having to swipe or hit a passwords etc. Why can't I make this global?
    I can also trigger this screen a few other ways besides the call end button.

Yes, that screen is called the lock screen.(there is also a large clock on the screen, and the camera icon in the lower right corner).
    To change settings for the lock screen go to system settings -> security and privacy -> device password. And go to system settings -> security and privacy -> lock screen.

I don't understand the part where you say you have disabled the lock screen. I believe it is permanent, and it is there to prevent users from pocket dialing.

There are a few ways to 'pull the phone from sleep'.
    One is to swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
    Second is to push the power/lock button on the top of the phone. (this second option can be disabled in the settings)
    Third is to push the letter U (for unlock) and quickly press the enter button after that, to confirm your intention.
    Fourth is to push and hold the camera icon in the lower right corner of the screen. This awakens the phone and simultaneously opens the camera. Simply close the camera to resume phone use.

If your settings are set up so you do not require a password, then you won't be prompted to input one upon waking the device.

If the screen is off, the lockscreen can be viewed by pressing any toolbelt key, any number key, the letter U, or the power/lock button (check your settings to change the behaviour of the power/lock button).

--------

If you want the phone to resume to the last screen you were on, simply by picking up the phone, then you can to look into advanced interactions, or invest in a holster.

Go to system settings -> advanced interactions -> and check 'lift to wake'.
    Now, if your phone is being raised from a flat, unmoving surface, it will bypass the lock screen and display the last viewed screen.
    This feature may be disabled when battery saving mode is engaged. Check your battery saving mode settings to fit your needs.

The 'lift to wake' and the 'flip to save power' actions work well together to put the device to sleep, and wake it again.

If you aren't at a flat, unmoving desk all day and advanced interactions won't work for you, then look into getting a holster.
    The phone will wake and bypass the lock screen as you remove the device from the holster.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-16 10:39 AM