I'm attending a conference for work this week.

At the end of a long day of sessions, I meet up with my boss to attend the last keynote. He says he just sent me an email asking me to regenerate some PDF reports I did for him last week, this time as image files so they can be used in a Power Point presentation.

I tell him I can do that first thing this evening when I get back to my hotel room. Then I realize I can VPN into my work server and initiate a remote desktop session from my Classic. And I do just that after we take our seats in the arena, and before the session begins.

I show my boss my Classic screen after logging into the server. He's genuinely impressed. The 1:1 aspect ratio displays everything nicely, the trackpad allows me to use the mouse pointer with precision to open the program and generate the image files, and I type out an email with confidence on the physical keyboard and send it to him with the images attached.

All of this is accomplished in less than 10 minutes and I am able to enjoy the keynote and the rest of my work-free evening.

Could this have been done on an iPhone or Android? Absolutely. But perhaps not as smoothly as with a Classic. Have you tried to use touch-screen controls for RDP clients? They can be a bit clunky and imprecise.

It seems like the Classic was built for just this sort of thing.

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    10-10-17 11:07 PM
    Last few conferences I went too..... had special apps for the event. I suspect that with patching they might have worked as they were very location sensitive. But who shows up at a conference and has the time to breakout patching and sideloading tools.....

You can tell that BlackBerry focused a lot on what business people do, and that shows in some of BB10's capabilities..... very sad it was so late to the market and BlackBerry was clueless about consumer wants.
    anon(10336011) likes this.
    10-11-17 09:20 AM
    Last few conferences I went too..... had special apps for the event. I suspect that with patching they might have worked as they were very location sensitive. But who shows up at a conference and has the time to breakout patching and sideloading tools.....

You can tell that BlackBerry focused a lot on what business people do, and that shows in some of BB10's capabilities..... very sad it was so late to the market and BlackBerry was clueless about consumer wants.
    Yes, I am running the conference Android app on my Classic. I tried patching it, but it didn't work, so I can't use any of the map/location functionality. It's also laggy and sometimes freezes up.

Fortunately I brought an Android phone along, too (Moto E4). I'm using it exclusively today and it's doing well.

I installed the BlackBerry keyboard on it. No other keyboard will do!
    Last edited by Newfangled; 10-11-17 at 02:06 PM.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-11-17 01:55 PM
    Fortunately I brought an Android phone along, too (Moto E4). I'm using it exclusively today and it's doing well.

I installed the BlackBerry keyboard on it. No other keyboard will do!
    I am doing the same with a Moto G4 Play with BlackBerry launcher and most of the apps.

The calendar and hub really helps the transition.

Recently switched to AT&T, the problem for me is I can't switch phones for the work​ week like I could on VZW using their website.

The sims are different, and AT&T kills the last sim if I do change the phones online.
    10-12-17 11:15 AM
    I went to a convention during the summer and was shocked how well the mobile site worked my Blackberry. It was like it was designed to work on Blackberry. I was so thrilled with how well it worked, I told staff that I appreciated how well the mobile site worked on a Blackberry.
    10-16-17 12:55 AM
    Newfangled, I know you were crazy about the Q10, how's the classic vs the Q10?
    10-17-17 10:01 AM
    Yup. RDP on Classic can't be beat even on large screen droids like Mi Max

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 01:51 PM
    Always thought BlackBerry Express was great for something like this. Can add scripts for media or geolocation when you share a printable otherwise its just like powerpoint, but with miracast/wifi direct or micro hdmi.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 05:49 PM
    Newfangled, I know you were crazy about the Q10, how's the classic vs the Q10?
    It's a mixed bag. I love the trackpad and the larger screen. But it's almost too large. I like the smaller, more "palmable" size of the Q10. I also liked the user-replaceable battery on the Q10.

They're both excellent phones, but if I had to pick one, I'd probably go with the Q10.
    10-17-17 05:49 PM

My experience. Plus colleagues laughing at me for using the 200 page booklet to plan my days.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 05:54 PM
    My experience. Plus colleagues laughing at me for using the 200 page booklet to plan my days.

Posted via CB10
    You were lucky. With my last conference it was the app or nothing. They just assume everyone uses an iPhone or Android.
    10-17-17 05:57 PM
    You were lucky. With my last conference it was the app or nothing. They just assume everyone uses an iPhone or Android.
    But did BlackBerry Maps give you terrible directions lol?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 06:14 PM
    But did BlackBerry Maps give you terrible directions lol?

Posted via CB10
    I didn't have to use it.
    10-18-17 07:43 AM
    I hope i get to read stuff like getting work done better than bb10 style on Android BlackBerry a few years down the line. That would save a few scalps I guess.
    Leyra B10 likes this.
    10-20-17 07:54 AM