Hi

My Blackberry classic is on its way in about 2 weeks time.

In the meantime I wanted to get the best experience possible out if it to start me up

Could all my CrackBerry family on here let me know of any must reviews to read, tips to take on, things to learn and apps to download especially the ones that will increase productivity.

Thanks in advance

😁

Much appreciated

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-11-15 12:38 PM
    Congrats! And if it is Blue, the wait is worth.

Take care of BlackBerry Protect - Anti theft feature - in the newest OS carefully to set it up and never never forget the identification credentials.

Setup short cut key and speed dial setting - the best productivity point out of box in BB

Setup Priority Hub in hub section which is very useful.

Setup Quick Settings for the ones you want.

If you want to monitor mobile data, set the limits in Settings. Also fiddle around 'Battery Saving Mode' in Settings to save battery for the 11th hour.

And setup the apps you need. For me, I am satisfied 100% with app situation.

Finally, If it is blue, don't slap any cover on it. Show it Off!

Cheers.
    shoaib shah likes this.
    09-11-15 01:47 PM
    Thanks

Yes it is a Blueberry Classic

Thinking of a name for it

Can't see the point of a cover on this gorgeous device.

Defeats the object of showing off that beautiful hue

09-11-15 02:05 PM
    Once you get it, give it a couple days to properly index all of your emails, contacts, and memory card files. After that initial setup period, only then will you get a true sense of the awesome battery life.

Posted via CB10
    shoaib shah likes this.
    09-11-15 08:46 PM
    Once you get it, give it a couple days to properly index all of your emails, contacts, and memory card files. After that initial setup period, only then will you get a true sense of the awesome battery life.

Posted via CB10
    I've heard issues with Gmail

Would I have to download Gmail app separately.

09-12-15 05:50 AM
    I've heard issues with Gmail

Would I have to download Gmail app separately.

Me (like most I guess) never had problems with Gmail. Just add it to your accounts, done.

Posted via CB10
    shoaib shah likes this.
    09-12-15 06:01 AM
    There are some useful tips here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1017828

Posted via CB10
    shoaib shah likes this.
    09-12-15 07:00 AM
    Me (like most I guess) never had problems with Gmail. Just add it to your accounts, done.

Posted via CB10
    Can you do remote search for old emails residing on gmail server? Even more than 12 month old mails?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-12-15 10:55 AM
    I recently came from the Passport back to the toolbelt. My best advice is use the trackpad and toolbelt as much as possible.

It is designed for best one-handed use and was a bit of a transition from the Passport, but now I can't see how I lived without the trackpad and toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    shoaib shah likes this.
    09-12-15 12:52 PM
    I recently came from the Passport back to the toolbelt. My best advice is use the trackpad and toolbelt as much as possible.

It is designed for best one-handed use and was a bit of a transition from the Passport, but now I can't see how I lived without the trackpad and toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    Alot of ppl mention the toolbelt on the Classic. Sorry but in simple terms what area of the Classic is referred to the toolbelt. My idea was the area surrounding the trackpad.

09-12-15 01:07 PM
    Alot of ppl mention the toolbelt on the Classic. Sorry but in simple terms what area of the Classic is referred to the toolbelt. My idea was the area surrounding the trackpad.
    All the buttons in line with the trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    shoaib shah likes this.
    09-12-15 01:56 PM
    A couple of tips:

1) If your TV has an HDMI outlet get a long cable and HDMI adapter (can be purchased on Crackberry). You can watch video off the Classic on a large screen.

2) You can use the magnifier-mode (in Accessibility settings) to enlarge any video that you watch on the square screen. Crop to fit. Yes, this will cut off the sides, but in my opinion it matters a lot less than most people think. Play around with it and you will get the idea.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    shoaib shah likes this.
    09-12-15 04:53 PM
    Install SNAP. There are tons of useful posts on CB too. Enjoy!

Posted via Classic
    shoaib shah likes this.
    09-12-15 06:37 PM
    Can you do remote search for old emails residing on gmail server? Even more than 12 month old mails?

Thanks.

I was using a Q10 and am thinking of getting a Classic. Left Q10 because I wasn't able to search my mails remotely that were left in the email server. Sorry if my question sounded amateurish.

09-12-15 09:40 PM

Thanks.

I think no.

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    eckl likes this.
    09-12-15 10:35 PM
    Actually yes, I've just done a remote search on my gmail account for something I knew was old and it picked up emails back from 2009, takes a minute to search but it works, you need to search in the gmail section of the hub though not just search from the hub.
    shoaib shah and eckl like this.
    09-13-15 04:48 AM
    What do you mean "liimits in settings"?
    Ii keep my Verizon running 24/7 seeing as how 4g on this device is remarkable. Best signal I've ever had.

Double typin' classicly
    09-13-15 09:13 AM
    Thanks for the replies.

I wanted to know how is DocstoGo like in terms of its productivity tools compared to Google Docs on Android and One Note on Windows phone.

This is because I do a lot of article typing using these. Most of my research notes are on there. At the moment both Android and Microsoft are on par in terms of the features they give in these applications.

How good is DocstoGo?
    Is it feature rich?
    Is it well integrated into the Blackberry Classic?
    Are there any standout features?

Much appreciated if the answers could be thorough and some screenshots given.

😁

09-14-15 04:13 PM
    I think no.

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    Why not:? I do it all the time. I can go back years.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 07:05 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

I wanted to know how is DocstoGo like in terms of its productivity tools compared to Google Docs on Android and One Note on Windows phone.

This is because I do a lot of article typing using these. Most of my research notes are on there. At the moment both Android and Microsoft are on par in terms of the features they give in these applications.

How good is DocstoGo?
    Is it feature rich?
    Is it well integrated into the Blackberry Classic?
    Are there any standout features?

Much appreciated if the answers could be thorough and some screenshots given.

DTG is available out of the box. Use it if you like it.

I liked it coz my requirement is not much. But here some complained that lot of features (even available in Android DTG) are not available.
    09-15-15 12:21 PM

Thanks.

Late answer but here it goes:

Yes you can do remote search.
    In BB10 you do a normal search via the hub, when you scroll down to the bottom (or press 'b', pkb after all) there's a button called 'remote search.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 02:28 PM