That's only partly true.
    They especially commented about sluggish Android app performance (which is basically BlackBerry's way to get apps) and they said more than once that the device is too expensive.
    If you think that the Classic performs on par with a Nexus 5 (which costs 300$), you are mistaken. If you think that the Classic is on par with a Samsung S5 (around 450$), mistake again.

They however mentioned that the performance isn't as bad as the specs suggest.
    Well, if you have a Z10, you know how the Classic will perform.
    Hmm, well the Samsung S5 in Canada sells for about 800 dollars, unlocked. As to the Nexus 5, well let me say I admire how you live life dangerously.
    01-05-15 01:35 PM
    Offtopic/ Sorry

But IIRC App Permissions control for Android apps is available in 10.3. That alone is a step up from non-rooted Android phones. WP comes on top among iOS, Android and WP.

CB10 @ Q5
    gvs1341,

Thanks for the comment. I've loaded 10.3.1.1154 on my Q10, and see the Application Permissions screen (and the detail)...nice.

But just what does IIRC standa for?

Thanks
    01-05-15 05:58 PM
    Goodbye. Go get another phone. Stop your griping, and get a phone that suits your needs. Why would you post a bunch of non-sense.

Posted via CB10
    And why do you have to be rude about it? Seriously, relax it's only a question... your response makes this forum unwelcoming.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-05-15 05:59 PM
    Just get the Passport. Great device and you'll get used to the kb fast enough. Coming from a Q10 myself and not regretting it one bit. Great for my aging eagle eyes as well.

CB10 - Passport
    Actually I couldn't get use to the Passport and sold it. Went back to my Z30, and as such I appreciate it even more.
    MaxxxBerry23 and Vintage123 like this.
    01-05-15 06:07 PM
    I have tried to change to various Android/ Cyanogen phones with no luck. I have never used an iphone so cannot comment on them. Tried One Plus One, HTC, Samsung and at some point they build up with rubbish running in the background and get very laggy. I can't stand the virtual keyboards even with swype and shiftkey and touchpal keyboard apps, the physical keyboard of my Q10, Q5 and now Passport surpass all the Virtual KBs. I have never used a Z10 or Z30. Goodluck with your search.

Posted via CB10
    d-signer likes this.
    01-05-15 06:36 PM
    Get the classic or goodbye Blackberry?, no way i still use 9900 for business and it works for me, have tried Passport on loan and it's a nice phone but just too big and the Classic is supposed to appeal to Legacy hold outs as a 9900 replacement it's halfway there so it's carry on with 9900, and for personal use i have a Z10 because of it's smaller size, and both the 9900/Z10 have removable batteries and being old school it's a feature i prefer, using another make without a keyboard is not an option i wish to think about, last hope would be Classic 2 with the missing features that made the 9900 the Classic phone it is, and probably the best Blackberry ever.
    d-signer likes this.
    01-05-15 06:56 PM
    couldn't agree more, passport keyboard rocks...I write lengthy emails all day long, best device ever for typing once you adjust to it!
    d-signer likes this.
    01-05-15 07:20 PM
    Get the classic or goodbye Blackberry?, no way i still use 9900 for business and it works for me, have tried Passport on loan and it's a nice phone but just too big and the Classic is supposed to appeal to Legacy hold outs as a 9900 replacement it's halfway there so it's carry on with 9900, and for personal use i have a Z10 because of it's smaller size, and both the 9900/Z10 have removable batteries and being old school it's a feature i prefer, using another make without a keyboard is not an option i wish to think about, last hope would be Classic 2 with the missing features that made the 9900 the Classic phone it is, and probably the best Blackberry ever.
    I am curious, what's the classic missing in your opinion ?
    01-05-15 07:40 PM
    I'm sorry OP, but have you actually held both the Passport and Classic?

Have you used both devices?

Or are you assuming that the Passport's keyboard is not up to par with a keyboard that includes physical alt keys based on some one else's crying thread on here?

Until you have tried both devices, it is fair to say that you can't just knock them both out of the park as you have done based on some threads posted here by the opinions of people who are unhappy with their devices.

Please don't knock the Passport, if you haven't tried it in person. Yes there is a learning curve, but the benefits far outweigh the cons imo.

On the other hand, if you are already hell-bent on leaving BlackBerry, then creating this thread was pointless on your part.

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    01-05-15 08:49 PM
    Only way to learn is to buy the Note 4.

Thats how we all learned. Great at first but slow as a Pentium 2 from the 90s after a year. Fragmentation ftL
    nglfmark and d-signer like this.
    01-05-15 11:11 PM
    I have tried to change to various Android/ Cyanogen phones with no luck. I have never used an iphone so cannot comment on them. Tried One Plus One, HTC, Samsung and at some point they build up with rubbish running in the background and get very laggy. I can't stand the virtual keyboards even with swype and shiftkey and touchpal keyboard apps, the physical keyboard of my Q10, Q5 and now Passport surpass all the Virtual KBs. I have never used a Z10 or Z30. Goodluck with your search.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! Thats why I told him to go to buy the Note. You gotta experience the ****ty ness to truly understand.

btw it took me like 3 months to get good at the passport keyboard. My muscle memory would always hit ZZZ after each sentence from the Q10 muscle memory. I think alt period is wat i was trying to hit...

last week i was typing while walking at work and not looking at my phone and I surprised myself. I was like "i did it!... im going fast!"

So all of you hardcore q10/classic owners it just takes time but the passport keyboard can be mastered.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-05-15 11:18 PM
    Hi, I've been with BlackBerry since the 83xx series, been through many phones including Curve, Bold 9900 and now the Z10. I stuck with BB because it was always about getting things done fast.
    I was looking forward to the Classic but now have a dilema...

1. The Classic is woefully underpowered for 2015 compared to other similarly priced hardware. (Yes, I fully understand why this was done.)

2. I want a full physical keyboard for text entry, or none at all (therefore no Passport).

[...].

It's hard to 'downgrade' to Classic hardware from a Z10 when devices like Galaxy Note 4 (that converts handwriting to text/++apps/complete mobile office/etc) are being offered to me.
    I believe you have to set your mind. It'll ease your decision.
    GN4 is nowhere a keyboard experience so, given your expectation #2 (text entry) it's not an option.
    To be clear, the Classic keyboard is a pure jewel and if you miss the 9900 experience but like the BB10 OS, welcome: you'll love it.
    Passport Keyboard is innovative and really fits my needs but hey, the Classic "feeling" ... has really zero opponent.
    Concerning the "specs" performance, I found the Classic to be one step under the Passport yet really responsive for the tasks you mention.
    Since you actually own a Z10 you may want to wait a little (maybe 6 months or so) and see the Classic price lower; then I believe (unless you're a "last gen top specs" guy) it'll be a steal for your usage/expectations.

P.S:
    - See what Al Sacco wrote about it; it's a fair review IMHO : http://www.cio.com/article/2860398/b...inkId=11212285 ).
    - You may also want to read what I wrote about it (V.S Passport) here : http://forums.crackberry.com/general...review-986639/

Hope it helps,
    SF
    d-signer likes this.
    01-06-15 02:08 AM
    The Note 4 is by far one of the best phones Samsung has ever built but nothing can compare to the experience of a pkb, therefore I've bought a bold 9900 and will combine it with a note 4 in two weeks. Productivity on this thing is great, take out the s-pen write something down and the phone will provide options like make a new task, appointment, add contact, search the Web or find the location via GPS it's magic.

From all reviews and other stuff my problem with the classic weren't the specs but the non removable battery and the poor display resolution of only 720p

Hand writing had come a long way but it still has ways to go full it can be at least able to somewhat mimic typing on paper.

What bb need to do is create apps that fully utilise the toolbelt.
    George_B, d-signer and andy957 like this.
    01-06-15 02:17 AM
    I wonder if the OP is too quick to assume he won't like the Passport keyboard. Most of us who've tried it have found it to be more than satisfactory. There's a learning curve, but it's not that steep, and for viewing and editing documents the screen is great.
    It took me a few days to get use to the Passport keyboard and now I think that all keyboard phones should be built this way. IE: why try to jam all of the symbols onto a keyboard when you can quickly make them available in a virtual area on the screen...... it is a brilliant design that I personally love.

BTW to the OP ..... My wife and I both have/had Z-10's, she now has a Classic and I have the Passport and neither of us have seen any noticable short comings in the performance of the Classic due to it's spec's.....
    Last edited by Qrackin; 01-06-15 at 07:52 AM.
    d-signer likes this.
    01-06-15 07:22 AM
    I wonder if the OP is too quick to assume he won't like the Passport keyboard. Most of us who've tried it have found it to be more than satisfactory. There's a learning curve, but it's not that steep, and for viewing and editing documents the screen is great.
    Ditto about the PassPort!....With regards to the Classic, I think many people look at the specs and immediately assume its underpowered because the trend these days is to have monster specs, especially with bloated Android phones. I've used some of these mega spec'd phones and they're sluggish.
    d-signer likes this.
    01-06-15 07:34 AM
    Personally, I'd bring my Bold 9900 and Q10 to a store and try the Classic. If the keyboard feels anything like the Q10, I'd pass. I wouldn't risk the quality control issues. End of story for me. I've fixed my Q10 keyboard, but I shouldn't have had to do it.
    d-signer likes this.
    01-06-15 08:07 AM
    Does anyone use a non-BlackBerry phone that has become their main/sole device for productivity in getting things done? (i.e. A phone you'd recommend to be as useful as a BB?) If so, what is it, and why do you like it over BB?
    With all due respect, I'm not sure if you are asking the right question in the right place: if you were asking "I want to switch from (android iOS, WP, BB7) and want to know if BB10 will do (XX) well", you'd be in the right place.

Unfortunately, I think you need to recast this question on iMore, Windows Central and Android Central and while cross posting is kind of frowned upon, maybe at least post "please visit {this thread} on CrackBerry.com and help me decide if another platform can work for me".

I for one can't recommend any other platform for those things because they are core differentiators that make BlackBerry devices and BB10, for me, the only choice for a daily driver.

What you need is to just be patient and wait for BlackBerry to release a device with the form factor and specs that you desire. I for one am using a Passport, and loving some aspects and hating others, but on other platforms, there's hardly anything to love, a few things to like, and a lot to hate... so I stay with BlackBerry.

I want the device pictured in my Avatar, and until I get it, I will make do with whatever BB10 device comes closest, but the very idea of using the iPhone 6 Plus or the Nexus 5 (that I own and are both sitting 2 feet away from me as I type this) as my daily driver gives me the heebiejeebies.
    d-signer and andy957 like this.
    01-06-15 12:25 PM
    With all due respect, I'm not sure if you are asking the right question in the right place: if you were asking "I want to switch from (android iOS, WP, BB7) and want to know if BB10 will do (XX) well", you'd be in the right place.

Unfortunately, I think you need to recast this question on iMore, Windows Central and Android Central and while cross posting is kind of frowned upon, maybe at least post "please visit {this thread} on CrackBerry.com and help me decide if another platform can work for me".

I for one can't recommend any other platform for those things because they are core differentiators that make BlackBerry devices and BB10, for me, the only choice for a daily driver.

What you need is to just be patient and wait for BlackBerry to release a device with the form factor and specs that you desire. I for one am using a Passport, and loving some aspects and hating others, but on other platforms, there's hardly anything to love, a few things to like, and a lot to hate... so I stay with BlackBerry.

I want the device pictured in my Avatar, and until I get it, I will make do with whatever BB10 device comes closest, but the very idea of using the iPhone 6 Plus or the Nexus 5 (that I own and are both sitting 2 feet away from me as I type this) as my daily driver gives me the heebiejeebies.
    I kind of disagree. While we have our share of fanbois, there are people here that would give objective views about multiple platforms. Ask this in the Android forums and all of the responses will be as follows: "Blackberry is dead, Android can do everything better, there's no reason to even thing about blackberry."

There, I just saved him plenty of time.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-06-15 01:14 PM
    I kind of disagree. While we have our share of fanbois, there are people here that would give objective views about multiple platforms. Ask this in the Android forums and all of the responses will be as follows: "Blackberry is dead, Android can do everything better, there's no reason to even thing about blackberry."

There, I just saved him plenty of time.
    There are people here who are sadistic anti-BlackBerry haters who just love threadcrapping that will tell him to dump blackberry... or there are those here with LIMITED experience with other platforms that are still favouring BlackBerry... or there are a FEW people who have switched away from BlackBerry and know what the day-to-day pros and cons are... but there are a lot MORE people on other boards who don't give CrackBerry a second thought who are ex BlackBerry users who might be able to provide a reasonable response.

What I mean is: the number of sincere responses the OP is likely to get (not as a percentage of responses, but just a pure count of responses) is likely to be higher elsewhere than on CrackBerry.com. There are far fewer "ex-BlackBerry Android Experts" that regularly read CrackBerry.com than there are lurking in Android Central, and likewise for ex-BlackBerry iOS Experts on iMore.

Well, there's always CBK I guess. He's an ex-BlackBerry user, right? :-)
    01-06-15 01:40 PM
    I'm decided to wait until Classic 2 with updated specs. Currently on a Z10. While I desperately want the pkb, my budget doesn't allow me to spend $500 just to move to a pkb.

Really, while the Z10 has a little age, the OS and BlackBerry's manufacturing standards has allowed the Z10 to stay useful as a primary device longer than any Android or IPhone ever will.

My recommendation is stick with the Z until the Classic 2 is released a year or so from now, and make the jump to a sweet pkb device with internals that are an upgrade from what you got.

I really am curious if you've tried the Passport, though. Seems like with your usage it would be the perfect device for you. I can't go Passport because I have to have a device I can use one handed.

Posted via CB10
    d-signer likes this.
    01-06-15 01:47 PM
    There are people here who are sadistic anti-BlackBerry haters who just love threadcrapping that will tell him to dump blackberry... or there are those here with LIMITED experience with other platforms that are still favouring BlackBerry... or there are a FEW people who have switched away from BlackBerry and know what the day-to-day pros and cons are... but there are a lot MORE people on other boards who don't give CrackBerry a second thought who are ex BlackBerry users who might be able to provide a reasonable response.

What I mean is: the number of sincere responses the OP is likely to get (not as a percentage of responses, but just a pure count of responses) is likely to be higher elsewhere than on CrackBerry.com. There are far fewer "ex-BlackBerry Android Experts" that regularly read CrackBerry.com than there are lurking in Android Central, and likewise for ex-BlackBerry iOS Experts on iMore.

Well, there's always CBK I guess. He's an ex-BlackBerry user, right? :-)
    Again, I disagree. The amount if uninformed anti-BB sentiment in ANY Android community is just too damn high... There are plenty of people here who use multiple devices or who have used other platforms in the past. Just ignore the typical BB fanbois and you'd do ok here.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-06-15 03:21 PM
    Concerning the "specs" performance, I found the Classic to be one step under the Passport yet really responsive for the tasks you mention.
    SF
    Specs are just whistles. iPhone specs still sticks to dual core. Why? Because it can perform at it's best because their hardware-software compatibility. Which is BlackBerry has the same.

BlackBerry is the Extension of my Hand
    01-06-15 03:30 PM
    Goodbye. Go get another phone. Stop your griping, and get a phone that suits your needs. Why would you post a bunch of non-sense.

Posted via CB10
    Responses like this to simple questions seeking help or advice is what makes me cringe away from this forum sometimes. The OP has valid questions or concerns and he's asking for community members help/assistance..., let's keep our personally sarcastic or "fanboy-ish" comments and remarks to ourselves. If you can't positively and constructively help someone, don't knock them and bash them for asking for community members help/assistance.
    01-06-15 03:32 PM

1. The Classic is woefully underpowered for 2015 compared to other similarly priced hardware. (Yes, I fully understand why this was done.)
    I have used the Bold 9900, I am using (used to use) the Q10, and now I am moving to the Classic, and what I can tell you is this; based on what you have said that you want to use the phone for and how you plan to use it, the Classic is definitely not underpowered for a daily driver. The Classic's specs are very similar to the Q10's, and with 7 different email addresses, Twitter, Facebook, 2 Microsoft OneDrive Accounts, Viber and a bunch of Android banking apps and sports apps loaded on it, my Q10 was never sluggish to run anything I needed it to run there and then..., and my battery lasted at least 15 - 18 hours each day before I had to recharge it. (I don't play games on my phones, so I cannot comment on game performance on it). If the Classic specs and performance mirrows the Q10, I will suggest to you that you stick to the Classic..., there's no Android, iOS or Windows Phone out there that's going to give you what you want the way the Classic (or the Q10, or Passport if you can deal with the width, I couldn't) can give it to you.

I hope this helps...,
    anon(8063781) and d-signer like this.
    01-06-15 03:45 PM
    I�m wondering why everybody is measuring device speed just by specs, especially when it comes to business use of the phone, and not for Games. I�m using a Q10 since shortly after the release of the phone, and it is the first phone in the last 7 years that I used for nearly 2 years now. My private SIM-Card now sits in an iPhone 6, before it was living inside a Galaxy Note 4, so I have a something to compare it to. If I just look at productivity apps like messaging, the calendar and task management, I can�t see why I should need more bhp under the bonnet. Working with the Q10 always feels faster as with the other devices that I�ve used as private devices for the last few years.

I�m very much looking forward to receive a Classic once those jerks at Vodafone GER finally send me the requested offer.
    d-signer likes this.
    01-07-15 01:16 AM
83 1234