Hence this question:
    Does anyone use a non-BlackBerry phone that has become their main/sole device for productivity in getting things done? (i.e. A phone you'd recommend to be as useful as a BB?) If so, what is it, and why do you like it over BB?
    (Fanbois, save the hate - it pains me to be asking this )
    I went from BlackBerry to Note 1 then Note 3, throw in an iPad or two plus some Android tablets as well..one of which I still use. Cool, fun, very powerful and innovative.

To answer your question I think it depends on what "getting things done" means for you. For me, it means smooth email/calendar/contact mgt capabilities away from the cloud.

Believe me I tried to use many workarounds and 3rd party apps on my Notes but nothing worked without a fair amount of frustration and compromised performance.

So, for me, the best phone to help me get things done in my work/business - hands down - is BlackBerry. Throw in Blend and we add a whole new dimension of productivity. In my case all this means the Passport - love the screen -but a Classic can do the same.

Specs, graphics, apps...those categories go to other companies' phones. And, in the US, using a BlackBerry these days is like having a sign stuck on your back that says "kick me". I'm fine with that since I know I have an edge on my competition using other platforms.

A phone decision depends on what it is you need to "get done" I suppose. Figure that out and your decision will be simple.

Posted via CB10
    miketko and specialized888 like this.
    01-04-15 04:31 PM
    OP, if you're worried about overpaying for old hardware inside the Classic, why not buy a Q10 instead. Similar hardware but half the price. That's if you can live without the toolbelt of buttons and the trackpad of course.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.1154 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    MarsupilamiX and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-04-15 04:35 PM
    Go try it out, get yourself a WP or the Note 4 or an iPhone and why don't you see for yourself if it'll suit your needs?

#CB10 #WorkWide
    01-04-15 04:39 PM
    Seems to me the OP would be better off going to a Iphone or Android forum to get feedback on non Blackberry phones... The post makes little sense as the OP has obviously not tried what is available from BB... still amazed how people are hung up on specs... with the BB10 it does not appear to be an issue..... Could understand the OP if the Classic was tried and left wanting... same with Passport keyboard.... remember the old adage about assumption... seems very applicable here....
    wincyUt, bungaboy and mk2234 like this.
    01-04-15 04:43 PM
    OP, this is the second thread like this you've started.... thought you had no choice but to go with Android...for buisness reasons....remember.
    01-04-15 05:00 PM
    I'm not sure there's a perfect device out there that does everything. I did enjoy my Nexus 5 but really missed typing on a real keyboard. The Classic is not underpowered unless you want to play games and such. The Passport is more powerful. Give each a try and decide what fits you needs best. Good luck!

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    01-04-15 05:06 PM
    @ggbrands Thanks, you're just the type of person I was hoping to hear from with experience comparing the other platforms!
    01-04-15 05:19 PM
    @johnnyuk Toolbelt + full keyboard is preferred. Thanks for your input.
    01-04-15 05:20 PM
    @ggbrands Thanks, you're just the type of person I was hoping to hear from with experience comparing the other platforms!
    Glad to help.

As an aside, I can tell you the learning curve to adapt to the other non-BB phones is no shorter than learning the Passport. In fact, since you've used Blackberry phones for so long, the Passport would probably be easier.

I echo what others have said - Passport gives you the best of all worlds.

Posted via CB10
    ubizmo and d-signer like this.
    01-04-15 05:28 PM
    With the Z10 I've become used to it's multimedia prowess, that the Classic is unable to match (e.g. HDMI connecting to projector, 16:9 screen, etc). Not sure I can go back to reading documents on a smaller screen now. If the Passport had the full keyboard it would have been PERFECT, but I can't stand typing without the full keyboard (2 yrs with the Z10 and it still bugs me). I see phones like the Galaxy Note 4 with 8 core CPUs that you can write in like a book, and wonder if it's time for me to move on? I'm just wondering if anyone else has used something they thought was comparable with their BB? (Hoping to try a Classic soon, but not seen it in stores yet )
    No HDMI... *sigh* go look up slimport. This has been addressed on here like 463 times...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    hplovecraft likes this.
    01-04-15 05:41 PM
    Just get the Passport. Great device and you'll get used to the kb fast enough. Coming from a Q10 myself and not regretting it one bit. Great for my aging eagle eyes as well.

CB10 - Passport
    01-04-15 05:44 PM
    Hi, I've been with BlackBerry since the 83xx series, been through many phones including Curve, Bold 9900 and now the Z10. I stuck with BB because it was always about getting things done fast.
    I was looking forward to the Classic but now have a dilema...

1. The Classic is woefully underpowered for 2015 compared to other similarly priced hardware. (Yes, I fully understand why this was done.)

2. I want a full physical keyboard for text entry, or none at all (therefore no Passport).
    Data security, productivity with task managment, and web browsing are the main priorities. Yet, since BlackBerry have left a void between the Classic and Passport I'm considering leaving. It's hard to 'downgrade' to Classic hardware from a Z10 when devices like Galaxy Note 4 (that converts handwriting to text/++apps/complete mobile office/etc) are being offered to me.

Hence this question:

Does anyone use a non-BlackBerry phone that has become their main/sole device for productivity in getting things done? (i.e. A phone you'd recommend to be as useful as a BB?) If so, what is it, and why do you like it over BB?

My Pre3 was more productive for me than my Q10, WebOS was better than BB10 and we'll droid and ios...duh... the pre3 was vastly more speced then the orig and pre2 and WebOS was tightly optimised. email calendar universal search card and stack multi tasking, great notifications and a great keyboad... I was very sad the day I dropped it...... the one fact that on WebOS when I reply or make a new email it opens a stacked card, where I can go back and search emails etc. is huge... dumb draft is not as good and email etc. in the hub is...bleh.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 06:00 PM
    Hi, I've been with BlackBerry since the 83xx series, been through many phones including Curve, Bold 9900 and now the Z10. I stuck with BB because it was always about getting things done fast.
    I was looking forward to the Classic but now have a dilema...

1. The Classic is woefully underpowered for 2015 compared to other similarly priced hardware. (Yes, I fully understand why this was done.)

2. I want a full physical keyboard for text entry, or none at all (therefore no Passport).
    Data security, productivity with task managment, and web browsing are the main priorities. Yet, since BlackBerry have left a void between the Classic and Passport I'm considering leaving. It's hard to 'downgrade' to Classic hardware from a Z10 when devices like Galaxy Note 4 (that converts handwriting to text/++apps/complete mobile office/etc) are being offered to me.

Hence this question:

I have a similar dilemma as I look for a reason to go from a Z30 to either a Classic or Passport. If you are serious about sticking with a VKB, why not consider a Z30? I love the flicking of predicted words on my Z30's virtual keyboard. Still, I'm drawn to the idea of using my first PKB since my Pre3. I see you're drawn to Android. I used four platforms last year, including Android, and to me its UI is irritating. Don't get me wrong. I love my specs, too. That's why for certain apps and media purposes I use an iPhone 6 Plus. I suggest you either move up to a Z30, or get a Classic for messaging and productivity, and an iPhone 6 Plus for media, surfing and everything else. Or, wait another couple of months for Chen's latest hardware map.

Posted via CB10
    d-signer likes this.
    01-04-15 06:09 PM
    Is it woefully underpowered to run BB10? No. So who cares? I have used a Classic and don't find it underpowered to have a smooth experience.
    TgeekB and Avenzuno like this.
    01-04-15 06:13 PM
    I'm not sure there's a perfect device out there that does everything. I did enjoy my Nexus 5 but really missed typing on a real keyboard. The Classic is not underpowered unless you want to play games and such. The Passport is m. ore powerful. Give each a try and decide what fits you needs best. Good luck!

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    Are you crazy??? Brickbreaker is crazy fast on my classic.. all sarcasm aside really like my classic. As a recovering Android addict the Nexus 5 was my favorite from the standpoint of size and speed (no jokes here please!). IMHO I really believe that at some point in time people will start to digest all the great technology and advancements in all things (not just phones) and ask themselves what they really want and need. For me this phone provides my needs. If BlackBerry releases a next gen classic that has the passport keyboard then I will buy it and say I am content. For now the Classic is for me. The form and feel of the phone is just phenomenal.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and d-signer like this.
    01-04-15 07:23 PM
    3 rows kb on Classic will not be for me

From Classic
    Vintage123 likes this.
    01-04-15 08:01 PM
    Hmm.. if neither Classic nor Passport does not work for you, then there is no point in getting either. Happy journey with your next phone. Have fun. Yeah, it is important to get things done in 2015, with enough power.
    01-04-15 11:01 PM
    This is interesting but I would like to help as much as I could. For me, picking up a smartphone that works for you is the same as choosing a person you will marry. It's not about that "qualities" or your "ideals" that you like about that person, but it's about seeing yourself with "Someone you CAN'T live without."

I came from all mobile platforms and even a stupid guy who invested apps on all those platforms, but I always ended up picking up a BlackBerry 10 device. For me, any BlackBerry 10 device will work for me. When I started saying "BlackBerry is the extension of my hand" it's like saying "I do" with BlackBerry. Most people doesn't like it, but I will stand by it. Why? It's a smartphone that I can't live without.

Personally, I am looking forward to have the classic because I really prefer to have a PKB since BlackBerry's direction seems like it's going to its roots. They have the best PKB anyway. I came from 2 Z10, Q10, Z30 then went back to Q10, because I really prefer the keyboard.
    Again, it all boils down is "what fits you." I completely understand you buddy, because I had the same dilemma before that I often frequently change my phone. But when I started committing myself to BlackBerry, it's BlackBerry all the way, and I never look back or look to beautiful and a hardcore phones again.

BlackBerry is the Extension of my Hand C00182421
    andy957 and d-signer like this.
    01-05-15 02:05 AM
    Hi, I can do the opposite and let you know that having tried all of the recent iPhones (5S, 6 & 6+) as well as Nokia 1520, I am plunging for the Classic.

Apple products aren't work orientated and while they do many things well, there are several work specific items I can't get them to do well at all - iPhones don't seem to sync perfectly with my Office 365 email and wifi drops out randomly. However, they are good phones.

I also miss a proper keyboard from the old Bold days and as I use my phone a lot for emails, tapping on glass isn't enjoyable. The Passport (in the UK) is only about �100 more than the Classic, but I have tried this too and found I need more 'no man's land' between the top keys and the touch screen as I was always mistyping words filled with punctuation marks. The return of the tool belt should give me the extra room I need. I will miss the screen space for web-browsing though...

Apple products don't have quad or octa core chips and have low RAM along with low 8MP cameras (when compared to Android), but iOS is written for iPhones and is smooth to run and I am hoping that BB10 is as smooth on the Classic even though it also seems 'under speccd' hardware.
    d-signer likes this.
    01-05-15 06:42 AM
    If you love your Z10 then a Z30 is the logical upgrade. Overall for what you are describing, it is better than a Classic and now it is cheaper. Really a no-brainer.
    luancuvi likes this.
    01-05-15 08:55 AM
    This is interesting but I would like to help as much as I could. For me, picking up a smartphone that works for you is the same as choosing a person you will marry. It's not about that "qualities" or your "ideals" that you like about that person, but it's about seeing yourself with "Someone you CAN'T live without."

I came from all mobile platforms and even a stupid guy who invested apps on all those platforms, but I always ended up picking up a BlackBerry 10 device. For me, any BlackBerry 10 device will work for me. When I started saying "BlackBerry is the extension of my hand" it's like saying "I do" with BlackBerry. Most people doesn't like it, but I will stand by it. Why? It's a smartphone that I can't live without.

Personally, I am looking forward to have the classic because I really prefer to have a PKB since BlackBerry's direction seems like it's going to its roots. They have the best PKB anyway. I came from 2 Z10, Q10, Z30 then went back to Q10, because I really prefer the keyboard.
    Again, it all boils down is "what fits you." I completely understand you buddy, because I had the same dilemma before that I often frequently change my phone. But when I started committing myself to BlackBerry, it's BlackBerry all the way, and I never look back or look to beautiful and a hardcore phones again.

BlackBerry is the Extension of my Hand C00182421
    This exactly. I have had many, many phones throughout the years. I have tried all of the Blackberry in my signature as well as four generations of iPhones, numerous Androids, countless WP, and three Palm Pres. One thing that I have noticed is that I was often caught up in the race for the next, best hardwrad/specs. I recall getting the HD7 and being amazed that they came out with a 1g processor, only to have had that beaten out in a short period of time. Regardless of all of that though I know that the phone that best suits me is the one that I am most comfortable using. Throughout my time using iOS I felt completely underwhelmed and with Android I felt disjointed. Thats just me. I felt more at ease with Palm and WP but they still didn't feel as good and familiar to me as Blackberry. Just saying.
    ponpiri and d-signer like this.
    01-05-15 10:19 AM
    Why don't you try the Classic or the Passport for yourself? You have 30 days to return it if you buy through shop blackberry
    Personally I would refrain from buying a phone from ShopBB.
    If you want your Berry, go through Amazon.
    I read so many horror stories about ShopBB, in terms of customer service and communication.

Overall, I'd personally say that you should try the Passport at least.
    Currently, that's the only substantial upgrade from a Z10, in BlackBerry�s product portfolio.
    d-signer likes this.
    01-05-15 10:31 AM

Like others have suggested try the Classic and see how it works for you. The GSM Arena's reviewers (always not so happy with previous BB10 devices) especially commented that the Classic's low specs and benchmark scores don't effect the device's performance.

CB10 @ Q5
    That's only partly true.
    They especially commented about sluggish Android app performance (which is basically BlackBerry's way to get apps) and they said more than once that the device is too expensive.
    If you think that the Classic performs on par with a Nexus 5 (which costs 300$), you are mistaken. If you think that the Classic is on par with a Samsung S5 (around 450$), mistake again.

They however mentioned that the performance isn't as bad as the specs suggest.
    Well, if you have a Z10, you know how the Classic will perform.
    d-signer likes this.
    01-05-15 10:38 AM
    "Personally you have no idea what you're talking about." Huh? I was only asking a question, but thanks for your input on the swap from Z10 to Classic anyhow.
    Goodbye. Go get another phone. Stop your griping, and get a phone that suits your needs. Why would you post a bunch of non-sense.

Posted via CB10
    "Personally you have no idea what you're talking about." "Goodbye. Go get another phone" "Why would you post a bunch of non-sense." you say, but apparently I'm the one that's "griping"?
    I was just asking a straight forward question, and even thanked you for your input.

As the OP said: "I was just asking a straight forward question."

I see this in almost every thread and I ask why can't you gave an opinion without the negativity?
    You act like a bunch of childish brats.
    Please TRY to act like adults.
    We're here as Community that tries to HELP one another.

Let's try to keep it in a POSITIVE flow

(this is just my opinion, of course!)

01-05-15 01:08 PM
    OP, this is the second thread like this you've started.... thought you had no choice but to go with Android...for buisness reasons....remember.
    You make it sound like the OP comes here to troll, with friends that agree with him and then disappear from CB till next time. Now I would never assume this given all the in depth commentary. Who would have known that the classic had a QWERTY keyboard. I rest my case.
    01-05-15 01:25 PM
83 1234