04-17-15 10:47 AM
56 123
tools
    Yes, I was able to see a little dust inside. I was not happy with keyboard because of the light bleed through the keys, not because of the functioning of the keys. In terms of function, the keyboard was great. Actually, it was the best keyboard ever (better than my Q10, Z30, or even my new Passport).

No, I didn't get a new one. I just didn't like the phone (quality issues mentioned, weight, plasticy back, trackpad interfering with swiping, etc.). I went back to my old Q10/Z30 combo (now using a Q10/Passport combo).
    thanks for replying back....do u think I shud go for replacement ? I also see some lightbleed in the keyboard but what's bothering me more is thee gap on the left side of the toolbelt though it's not on the entire toolbelt as much as it shows and feels on that particular corner.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 12:42 AM
    as many of u could not judge properly,heres a pic of classic i found on net...looking at it,i feel my classic looks more or less the same as this one,especially at the rleft corner of the toolbelt under normal light...U guys can see the glass is raised and a gap on the left corner.
    Gap between Classic Screen & Toolbelt-classic-key.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 02:24 AM
    thanks for replying back....do u think I shud go for replacement ? I also see some lightbleed in the keyboard but what's bothering me more is thee gap on the left side of the toolbelt though it's not on the entire toolbelt as much as it shows and feels on that particular corner.

Posted via CB10
    I guess it depends on how much the gap bothers you. To me, every time I picked up the phone it reminded me that I was holding a low quality device. I personally couldn't be happy with that, considering there were also other aspects of the phone I didn't like. Anyway, if you have nothing to lose (still within warranty), and like the Classic in general, see if you can replace it. There are many who have reported they have no issues. So, you might get lucky with the next one!
    04-17-15 07:40 AM
    I guess it depends on how much the gap bothers you. To me, every time I picked up the phone it reminded me that I was holding a low quality device. I personally couldn't be happy with that, considering there were also other aspects of the phone I didn't like. Anyway, if you have nothing to lose (still within warranty), and like the Classic in general, see if you can replace it. There are many who have reported they have no issues. So, you might get lucky with the next one!
    did u read a recent post comparing the backlit keyboard? he ordered a new classic and it had no gap but than the backlit keyboard was pathetic so he chose to keep the one with the gap and sent back the new one without gap...so am really confused...itss not affecting the performance but I afraid every time seeing the dust gathering in there wondering how it wud cope with time when i can see the dust accumulating in 2 months...also experiencing double typing issue....after E my S also seems getting affected....i hope this is just a software bug and may go away with upgrade....i was wondering if I use a tampered screen protector,could that cover up that tiny gap?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 09:27 AM
    If you are also experiencing double typing issue, I don't know, I wouldn't put up with it. And, by the way, I doubt it's a software issue. Anyway, if it was me, I would take my chances and try another one. But, that's just me!
    04-17-15 10:16 AM
    If you are also experiencing double typing issue, I don't know, I wouldn't put up with it. And, by the way, I doubt it's a software issue. Anyway, if it was me, I would take my chances and try another one. But, that's just me!
    thanks for being patient and supportive with my constant silly blabbering I am afraid as even if they agree for the replacement...they may give me another one from the same lot which might have more problems than the current one and such things take ages to get processed in india

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 10:47 AM
56 123