Earlier this evening after I finished my shift. I decided to head over to my local At&t shop to get a sim put into my new Classic. I approached a young representative (who was clearly bored) and kindly greeted him. I said, I needed a sim to go into (pulling out of pocket) this. His eyes lit up as he asked, "is that the new Classic"? Why yes, I said. He seemed very excited and asked to hold it. He said "I wish that we could get cool stuff like this". I said, you soon will, along with an at&t specific Passport. He then showed it to his manager who also was excited and was an admitted Blackberry fan. He asked to pick it up and commented on the quality of the build and the fluidity of the OS. I showed them the Amazon app store and even downloaded and installed an app from BBW. They were quite impressed with its speed and elegance.

A few moments later my sim was installed and I was heading home. However, before I departed. I left them with some parting words. If they really liked the new Blackberry Classic and wanted it to be a success, then inform people with that kind of excitement. It will go a long way in helping move the device and giving people options other than iphone, Android and Windows. I felt pretty good this evening and my BB had its 15 min of fame
    Last edited by schlemer; 01-29-15 at 07:11 AM.
    01-28-15 06:34 PM
    Thanks for sharing this story. Yeah we need to reach out to the public face to face and tells them that how good and fluidity can be found on BlackBerry OS. I fell that if you are happy with BlackBerry let others know why it is very stable than other mobile OS out there. BTW, enjoy your new BlackBerry baby! I own BlackBerry Classic and Passport! Loving them both.

Via BlackBerry Classic OS 10.3.1.1450 on Blazing Fast T-Mobile 4GLTE.
    schlemer likes this.
    01-28-15 06:39 PM
    Good job!

True, the networks need to push BlackBerry more,

they don't advertise at all, the passport/classic are amazing phones and if advertised would sell amazingly well.

People are getting bored of having the same boring looking iPhones and androids
    schlemer likes this.
    01-28-15 07:23 PM
    I went to Tmobile to get the nano SIM card for my Classic (which had not arrived yet). The manager asked which phone was I getting. When I answered "the BlackBerry Classic" he said "cool". I was bracing for a smart comment so was pleasantly surprised.

Posted via Classic
    01-28-15 09:27 PM
    The fact that the ppl at the ATT store had no impression on when it was arriving or seems like they even are aware of it makes me ponder how far off it could be. My local att also had no clue what i was talking about in general and said it was not on there 6 month road map which worries me. A lot.
    01-28-15 11:19 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Great story and nice to see that response!! Can't wait for the USA launch of ATT Passport and Classic running the latest OS!!

From my awesome passport

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 11:24 PM
    ATT staff hasn't even heard of either so keep waiting lol
    01-28-15 11:26 PM