I recently read a comment here about how some people use their BB as a computer - by connecting bluetooth keyboard/mouse to it along with external monitor. The concept seems cool and can be useful in an office setting for presentations.

I got slimport adapter, connected to a monitor, managed to widescreen a local .ppt presentation and youtube video on the external monitor in 1080p. However browser always shows up in a square window, with no option to widescreen it.

How can this issue be resolved? I know the more modern BBAndroid phones can do it since they are naturally in widescreen, but there must be a way for the Classic to match this functionality.
    05-20-18 11:18 PM
    I recently read a comment here about how some people use their BB as a computer - by connecting bluetooth keyboard/mouse to it along with external monitor. The concept seems cool and can be useful in an office setting for presentations.

I got slimport adapter, connected to a monitor, managed to widescreen a local .ppt presentation and youtube video on the external monitor in 1080p. However browser always shows up in a square window, with no option to widescreen it.

How can this issue be resolved? I know the more modern BBAndroid phones can do it since they are naturally in widescreen, but there must be a way for the Classic to match this functionality.
    Sadly there is no way to make it change to wide screen. It's just the way the application was designed for. My passport is pretty much the same. Wifi Direct does the same thing, 1:1, though some "smart" tv's are horribly awful slow at displaying everything. Lol
    05-20-18 11:52 PM
    Tty to get your hands on a z10 or z30 their ratio is what you are looking for, used to us my z10 for movies all the time.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-18 12:16 AM
    Movies usually have an option to widescreen them, problem is basically with Google Docs and email. They are not exactly designed for a screen 720p wide.
    05-21-18 12:23 AM
    I didn't really mean anything mentioning movies, just how well the touch screens work to a monitor with their hdmi port.

So again if you can find a Z10 or Z30 and you still want to do this you should.

They browse well with widescreen, terminal apps too. Heat is the only issue, try to keep it on something that will take the heat away, keep the screen brightness down and use airplane mode if you can.

Depending on the keyboard you can get additional functionality as well, some sites/scripts will map to a key press event. Can also fix some of the issues with browser text editors on mobiles.

You could use 2 at the same time also, you need a USB hub. This lets you put 1 in developer mode and use the Web Inspector. Something I've found hard to find on other mobiles.

Ive had an Android running my Node server to local, Z10 in dev mode accesing it over http, and a Z30 as upstream to the Z10 accessing the devmode server, and hdmi cable to a monitor.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-18 07:48 AM

Might be able to use a script to fullscreen whatever you are doing atm, ill try it on my classic and see if it will.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-18 07:57 AM
    If a script work it would be amazing, please let me know what you find out.
    Switching to Z10/30 would work, and also switching to an android phone would too. I'd love to have it working on Classic though, as it's my favorite phone and I can't find a suitable replacement which would be strictly better.
    05-21-18 10:30 AM
    Meaning to get to it as I wanted to try it myself. but my key board is an Island away atm. I

Posted via CB10
    05-23-18 05:55 AM
    Long time, but yea fullscreen API works. Ill smooth it out later.

Found this thanks to Adam Khoury at
    https://developphp.com/

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 11-28-18 at 09:20 AM.
    11-26-18 01:27 AM
    Here.
    http://north.autora.ca/
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 11-28-18 at 09:16 AM.
    11-26-18 01:32 AM