I went to turn off my Classic the other night and it froze. Only the power down menu will show or the white backlight with the AT&T globe logo. I have tried two cords and charging it to a wall, my laptop, mac, and car (cigarette lighter) for hours.

I tried reloading and restoring the phone to BlackBerry Link and it cannot communicate with the device or Link will freeze and "stop responding." I have held the power button down and when it says turning off and you can choose cancel or restart, I can't press either button on the touch screen.

I have tried the soft reset (holding down the power button, or the up and down volume keys). Occasionally my LED will start to blink. I called AT&T and they couldn't troubleshoot it. I have read tons of posts online and I can't find any solutions. Any other ideas? Thanks!
    04-17-16 11:39 AM
    Autoloader, restart it while connected and autoloader running and it should catch it in that moment before it starts to try to load the OS. You'll lose all your info but will have a fresh OS install.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Autoloader, restart it while connected and autoloader running and it should catch it in that moment before it starts to try to load the OS. You'll lose all your info but will have a fresh OS install.

04-17-16 01:21 PM
    I've never heard of autoloader. I just tried to download it from blackberry and a message popped up saying "safari can't open the file because no available application can open it."
    04-20-16 11:53 AM
    Try holding all three keys that u mentioned at the same time for 30 seconds, power, up and down, if it doesnt work, then try an autoloader but read up on it firat so you understand it

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    04-20-16 11:55 AM
    I've never heard of autoloader. I just tried to download it from blackberry and a message popped up saying "safari can't open the file because no available application can open it."
    Go to the leaked OS forums here. Many threads about autoloaders, find out what version would work best for your phone from the people there too, then just download it and run it with your phone connected and restart it.

04-20-16 12:05 PM
    Being that it's your 2nd device, obviously it's some process you insist on doing that's messing it up... Sorry can't provide any solution otherwise
    04-25-16 08:39 AM