Do we know if the Q20 is going to be a Foxconn produce phone or Blackberry produce phone? I got a feeling that it is going to be a blackberry design phone, but manufacture by Foxconn given that announcement was at MWC at the same time the Z3 was introduced.
    02-25-14 07:14 PM
    I think it's classified in the high end phones, which by BlackBerry's announcement last time would mean that they would be designing it. Iirc Foxconn takes over design for the low end and BlackBerry handles the rest
    Also BlackBerry would probably be more familiar with designing this kind of phone, seeing as they've been doing it for years

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 07:20 PM
    I think it's classified in the high end phones, which by BlackBerry's announcement last time would mean that they would be designing it. Iirc Foxconn takes over design for the low end and BlackBerry handles the rest
    Also BlackBerry would probably be more familiar with designing this kind of phone, seeing as they've been doing it for years

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it is high end, because Chen said that they have plans for high end phones this year but wouldn't discuss them.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 07:21 PM
    The Q20 will be made by Foxconn.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 07:24 PM
    I don't think it is high end, because Chen said that they have plans for high end phones this year but wouldn't discuss them.

Posted via CB10
    Correct and that what got me thinking about it. Hopefully it will turn out to be blackberry design phone, as blackberry has the experience, and foxconn will be used to manage inventory and produce it.
    02-25-14 07:38 PM
    The press release did say that it was a flagship device so I would assume it would be BlackBerry Built
    02-25-14 08:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ah, my bad
    Mid end then likely, something above the Q5 I would guess?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 08:13 PM
    I thought... the Blackberry factories are sold to FOXCONN? And the plants, from MEXICO to TAIWAN to other countries are managed by FOXCONN?
    02-25-14 08:19 PM
    The press release did say that it was a flagship device so I would assume it would be BlackBerry Built
    This is your correct answer, folks.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    02-25-14 08:22 PM
    There should be 2 versions for the trackpad phone.
    1 made as high end.
    Another one made by foxconn for budget users.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 08:53 PM
    The press release says "The smartphone will be crafted from premium materials and designed for reliability and durability."

This is more of how a high end phone would be described. A low end phone with premium materials? Are high end phone then made from super premium materials? What would be the differentiation between device quality?

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/02/...A_FB1393321324

Aka S.Jizzle Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141
    02-25-14 08:59 PM
    The press release says "The smartphone will be crafted from premium materials and designed for reliability and durability."

This is more of how a high end phone would be described. A low end phone with premium materials? Are high end phone then made from super premium materials? What would be the differentiation between device quality?

BlackBerry Unveils New BlackBerry Q20 Smartphone | Inside BlackBerry

Aka S.Jizzle Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141
    To be fair, I don't know that I have ever heard a phone manufacturer ever state they don't use premium materials, or that the device isn't reliable or durable.
    jh07 likes this.
    02-25-14 09:07 PM
    To be fair, I don't know that I have ever heard a phone manufacturer ever state they don't use premium materials, or that the device isn't reliable or durable.
    Apple (Canada) - iPhone 5s

Most of the marketing fluff is about the design and how premium the phone is, but nothing about the hardiness of the phone itself (aside from a brief mention of how the rich Corinthian leather case has a microfiber lining). Of course, this is Apple, so we know their priorities.
    02-25-14 09:20 PM
    Ah, my bad
    Mid end then likely, something above the Q5 I would guess?

Posted via CB10
    Actually, don't think of it in terms of Q10 being the top-end. This being a "mid range" device would still mean it'll have specs above the Q10's. Their "high end" for this year will be pretty high up there. Remember that it's only February and phones are already sporting 2.6GHz quad-core or octa-core CPU's.
    02-27-14 10:27 PM
    I hope its built by blackberry because I would love to see the same keyboard that's on the q10.
    03-01-14 10:40 PM
    What difference does it make who builds it, as long as it has BlackBerry OS in it.
    03-04-14 10:13 PM
    It wouldn't matter because blackberry will always have a say on it!
    But I hope blackberry quality check will improve so less people get those wonky keyboard. The keyboard is part of the blackberry experience so it should be perfect!

via Q10
    03-09-14 08:16 PM
    Spot on. Keyboard has to be the best build quality possible but if that means it's made by Foxconn, Blackberry or Willy Wonka I don't really care.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 03:49 AM
    I thought... the Blackberry factories are sold to FOXCONN? And the plants, from MEXICO to TAIWAN to other countries are managed by FOXCONN?
    You think BBRY is getting conned by the FOX?

The black raven that drops the grapes at the foxes flattery like in the fable?

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    03-10-14 04:21 AM