Have been using Nokia e72 till now . Not much of a toucscreen fan . I basically would want full qwerty and everything to do with navigation or trackpad ! (used q10 fr a day but returned back as it was defective )

Should i go with Classic ? I am main concerned about ease of use and battery life . I hear the battery Life on q10 isnt great and idle battery drop is very high . Is it same with Classic ?

Also no trackpad on q10 turns me off . though i am getting q10 at 1/3rd rate of classic !
    02-22-15 09:56 AM
    The Classic i'm not sure of, but i have the passport and its the best phone iv'e ever owned, also the Z30 is fabulous if you like a full touch phone.
    02-22-15 09:59 AM
    The battery life on the classic is pretty good.
    I always get easily a full day with it.

I'd say with "average" usage (a bit of everything: browsing, texting, social media etc.) you will have about 15-18 hours.

With heavy usage about 12 hours.

If you leave it in battery saving mode and barely touch it, you will reach about 3 days on one charge.

I think that is really good.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:14 AM
    Im not sure about the classic either, but I've had a q10 for two years for its keyboard. Overall it was a great phone, even more so with 10.3. Under some heavy usage (texting, several media apps, browsing) I was able to use it throughout most of the day. Lack of toolbelt on q10 is easily remedied with universal search, BlackBerry assistant, and keyboard shortcuts.

The screen on the q10 is very small, however. I found it most noticeable when I switched to a z30. I'm sure you will not have a problem with that though

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:31 AM
    Passport bro! Blows everything else away! Great screen real estate, 3 gigs of ram! Makes the Q10 seem tiny!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    02-22-15 10:36 AM
    Hi

I used to have the Nokia E51...E52 and than E6. Went to the Bold 9900 afterwards.

I now have the classic and it is the best phone I had until now. There's so much extra compared to symbian that it does not make sense to get into details.

One thing though:
    When having a phone for years one knows a lot of the tasks intuitively. Sending an sms was never faster than with my E52. It is a new phone with a new OS, so give it some time. ;-) .

In short: GET IT!

Anyhow there are NO other qwerty makers anymore.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 11:10 AM
    depends what will he do with it
    02-22-15 11:12 AM
    Classic actually lasts me longer during the day than my Q10 did. I was having to charge it again near the end of my work shift just to make sure I'd have enough juice for the rest of the evening. Now I can go without having to charge and will get down to around 20% when I finally get ready for bed. I use my phone A LOT at work and with low signals in the building and no access to wifi that strains on the battery but again I haven't had to plug it in in the middle of the day anymore. The keys are a bit more spread out than the Q10 too which I appreciate very much.
    02-22-15 02:25 PM
    I had a Z10 and then a Z30, but when my Z30 went in for a screen repair I used my old Bold 9900, and I realised how much I had missed a physical keyboard. I ordered a Passport, but it was just too big for my liking, so I returned it and got a Classic. The Classic is a great phone, I really like the toolbelt, and I though I wouldn't. Battery gets me through from 7am until 11pm and gets moderate use including bluetooth audio in my car on the way to and from work. Get it, you won't regret it.
    02-22-15 02:34 PM
    Have been using Nokia e72 till now . Not much of a toucscreen fan . I basically would want full qwerty and everything to do with navigation or trackpad ! (used q10 fr a day but returned back as it was defective )

Should i go with Classic ? I am main concerned about ease of use and battery life . I hear the battery Life on q10 isnt great and idle battery drop is very high . Is it same with Classic ?

Also no trackpad on q10 turns me off . though i am getting q10 at 1/3rd rate of classic !
    The Nokia E72 was da bomb in it's day. But that was when Symbian ruled the roost. I switched to a BlackBerry from Nokia/Symbian and it was a great move. And now, with more and more apps available for BlackBerry, both natively and via Android, you should definitely make the move. Classic or Q10, depending on overall device size.
    02-22-15 06:11 PM
    If you want a qwerty keyboard, which is reliable and you are more into messaging, I can recommend the Classic. I come from Blackberry 8700 and some old Windows HTC phones with retractable keyboard. One of the main reasons I am still into Blackberry is the fact, that there are the remaining company producing phones with a physical keyboard, I can almost blindly type on.

If you want to have a physical keyboard device, with more power and a new approach, I suggest giving the Passport a chance.

I used the Passport for quite a while and it is a damn good phone. I received the new Classic and - although it was fully prepared and with all my data from the Passport - put it back into the box as a backup phone.

Now, I switched to the Classic and I am almost quite sure, that the Passport will remain in the box as a backup phone.

Mind you: I don't do this, because it is a bad phone... it just does not have the feeling of my former Blackberrys.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 06:37 PM
    Coming from a Nokia E72 I think Classic would be your best bet. In terms of QWERTY keyboard it is a definite upgrade.

The Passport which may be your other option at this point could be a bit intimidating because of the radically different device Passport is.

Not to forget, Classic saves you a good $250 to $260 if you are purchasing the unlocked device and not on contract.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:52 PM

First Time BB User . Should I buy the classic ?-img_20150223_000236.png
    Battery on Q10 is pretty good for me

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 11:03 PM
    I had the Q10 and it was good but didn't wow me. Screen was dim and hated the amoled. I love my Classic gets me thru the day easily and some days, with calls, WiFi roaming, music, NFC on all day etc it will last me 12-18 hours easily. Love the toolbelt and it has come in handy especially on cold days and touchscreen can be a challenge in the cold. Keyboard is fantastic and the feel of this phone harkens to the good old 9900 days of BlackBerry.

Posted via Classic
    02-22-15 11:09 PM
    I'd say if you enjoy your E72 for the stated reasons, the Classic should be your best bet today. Thanks to both the trackpad and the toolbelt, you can indeed do the majority of tasks (not 100% everything though!) without ever touching the screen.

Since you are coming from Symbian, you should be used to the latest lack of apps, yet since BB10 can run Android applications to some extent, you get additional options if you ever feel trying those out.

I can't complain about the battery, it is better than my Q10, yet not by much. Both devices get me through the day, although the Classic has a little more juice left and thus you get some buffer when the day gets longer/busier. The screen is also much brighter and has a better brightness control in general. That's another reason why I really prefer using my Classic over my Q10. Last but not least the keyboard. The Q10 has a good keyboard, but the Classic tops it, personally I really do enjoy typing on the Classic more than I did on my Q.

One of the few downsides is of course the larger size, while surely not as big as the Passport, the Classic is noticeably larger than the Q10 and kind of competes with your average 4.3-4.5" full-touch phones.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 03:34 AM
    I'd say if you enjoy your E72 for the stated reasons, the Classic should be your best bet today. Thanks to both the trackpad and the toolbelt, you can indeed do the majority of tasks (not 100% everything though!) without ever touching the screen.

Since you are coming from Symbian, you should be used to the latest lack of apps, yet since BB10 can run Android applications to some extent, you get additional options if you ever feel trying those out.

I can't complain about the battery, it is better than my Q10, yet not by much. Both devices get me through the day, although the Classic has a little more juice left and thus you get some buffer when the day gets longer/busier. The screen is also much brighter and has a better brightness control in general. That's another reason why I really prefer using my Classic over my Q10. Last but not least the keyboard. The Q10 has a good keyboard, but the Classic tops it, personally I really do enjoy typing on the Classic more than I did on my Q.

One of the few downsides is of course the larger size, while surely not as big as the Passport, the Classic is noticeably larger than the Q10 and kind of competes with your average 4.3-4.5" full-touch phones.

Posted via CB10
    my boss gifted me a special gold edition q10 . So no classic Now . will be using the q10 . finding BB os a bit hard !!!

any tips or tricks video or document for short cuts and stuff ?
    02-23-15 05:18 AM
    Nice gift! Not really a fan of this color combination, but I think it is nicely done.

I'd like to point you to a BlackBerry website with quite some demo videos:
    http://ca.blackberry.com/support/new...r/welcome.html

They also have a Youtube channel I think where you can also find those videos.

Edit:
    Here is a list of global keyboard shortcuts:
    http://m.crackberry.com/full-list-bl...-q10-shortcuts

You can find app specific shortcuts right besides the option listed in the menues. Within the Hub for example hit the three dots and you'll see besides Compose there is a little "c" and besides Search you'll see an "s". These are some shortcuts. In the CB10 app for CrackBerry for example you can hit Alt+P on the forums mainpage to check participated topics or Alt+M on the frontpage to mark everything read.

It takes some time getting used to such a new OS, feel free asking for help around here.
    Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 05:32 AM
    The trackpad is the main reason I went for the Classic, and it works precisely as advertised. I tried using the Passport in store but found that the capacitive keyboard was a poor substitute when you're a heavy user of thr trackpad, for anything from Web browsing to text editing.

The battery could be better, but I easily make it through the day with heavy use. However on a 7 hour flight of constant use, it begins to struggle.

If you want a full QWERTY phone, you won't find a better one than the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 01:36 PM
    I changed from iphone to classic, have had it for two weeks now and couldn't be happier, it's a fantastic phone specially with the trackpad and the belt for answering calls etc. Warmly recommended!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 04:15 PM
    Go for Classic! The moment BB announced classic, straight away i sell my iphone 5.. oh ya, b4 that i'am bb bold2 user.. the trackpad, call in out button, the bb menu on classic.. i didnt think twice to get it.. now feel awesome in my hand with qwerty keyboard typing style..
    02-24-15 10:05 PM
    Classic should be good upgrade for you.
    03-01-15 10:22 AM
    Lots of good points have already been made to encourage you to take the plunge. From a ten-year Blackberry user whose favorite was the 9900, the Classic exceeded my initial expectations. Thus, I, too, encourage you to get the Classic. Mine is my daily driver used mainly for emails and documents, and the keyboard, trackpad, and overall size for such use are next to perfect.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 06:58 PM
    As a Classic user: Yes -- IF you need a TOOL not a TOY, make no misunderstanding, this phone is way to slow for even angry birds, it runs 3 year old hardware, only get this to get maxed productivity due the track-pad and option buttons, etc. Personally as a power user I find it the best phone ever, but ye you may disagree if you like games, instagram, snapchat and basically that stuff.
    03-01-15 08:10 PM