Just got the classic today (have it set up on wifi).. coming from owning a passport it is quite a different experience. It's actually not as similar to the 9900 as I thought it would be. Nonetheless it does feel great in my hands..

Some of my first thoughts on this device..

-the rubbery back feels pretty cool in your hands. Feels very secure when holding it.
    -the keys are a bit softer than the passport's and much softer than the 9900's.
    -when initially turning it on, the screen is somewhat dimmer than I expected (very similar to the q10's).
    -the keys are more of a cool blue than they are white (unless I'm going color blind)

Although I try not to, subconsciously I see myself comparing it to the 9900 frequently; probably because I have a work issued bold that I use day in and day out as well. Nonetheless it's truly more than I was expecting. I have a galaxy note edge that I'm considering benching for a few weeks to give this device a fair shot. The passport didn't cut it for me. As a new yorker who's constantly on the go it just didn't seem to fit into my lifestyle. One handed usage was nearly impossible despite the fact that my hands are so big I can palm a basketball and throw it.

Just figure I share my 2 cents. There's just something about crackberry that always draws me back!

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king and dylship like this.
    02-27-15 10:52 PM
    The demo unit I tested today had a very stiff P and overall right side of keyboard was harder to press.
    How is yours?
    02-27-15 11:10 PM
    Pretty much soft all around. Feels smooth but I personally prefer the harder keys of the 9900.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-27-15 11:46 PM
    Got mine today too. Cool blue backlight agreed. Mine is a bit uneven across the keyboard too. NYC area person who found Passport too heavy and unwieldy too.

I'm overall liking the Classic. Came from a Q10. It is heavier than I'd like. Would prefer battery changeable too.

The size is actually nice for holding.

The bigger screen is very nice. LCD I'd definitely crisper but I miss the black theming. Even though it is similar or same processor than the Q it seems slightly quicker. USB OTG is nice.

I find I'm not using trackpad much but the other buttons do come in handy.

I hope the next iteration is lighter, has a better processor and a changeable battery. Pretty enjoyable using it so far though.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by stardomains; 02-28-15 at 12:07 PM.
    02-27-15 11:53 PM
    Got mine today too. Cool blue backlight agreed. Mine is a bit uneven across the keyboard too. NYC area person who found Passport too heavy and unwieldy too.

I'm overall liking the Classic. Came from a Q10. It is heavier than I'd like. Would prefer battery changeable too.

The bigger screen is very nice. LCD I'd definitely crisper but I miss the black theming. Even though it is similar or same processor than the Q it seems slightly quicker. USB OTG is nice.

I hope the next iteration is lighter, has a better processor and a changeable battery. Pretty enjoyable using it so far though.

Posted via CB10
    Funny you mention the lack of usage of the trackpad... I think I've only used it once today.

02-28-15 12:04 AM
    Some banking apps that I use allow me to use trackpad, some use cursor, and some were not designed to work on keyboard device at all. But one app ( DocsToGo) I used to complete my study assignments was fully reworked to run on Classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 12:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can change some settings and still get the dark theme on calendar, bbm, crackberry app, etc.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 04:24 AM
    Did you notice a weird offset border of the trackpad?
    02-28-15 11:51 PM
    Did you notice a weird offset border of the trackpad?
    Not really. The track pad is somewhat smaller than kn the 9900 though

03-01-15 11:54 AM
    Tried it a couple times. OS works good. Love the belt but wish it was same size as Bold, favorite phone of all time.

Posted via CB10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    03-01-15 12:26 PM
    I don't know which bold you are referring to but both 9900 and 9700 were my favorite devices ever.
    Especially the feel of 9900, so far there hasn't been a single device that lived up to 9900's quality on material and on-hand feel. Classic feels like a cheap knock-off compared to 9900's glass and metal construction. I can't believe BB did not release a "premium" device since 9900. If I had to rank all others, I'd rank Z10 next, way above and beyond Z30 in terms of on-hand feel and build quality.
    03-01-15 06:43 PM
    That's a clear cover on the track pad. Little white triangle on the corner. Just peal it off.
    03-01-15 07:34 PM
    OP, funny you mention comparing it to the 9900 as I find myself doing the same thing. I agree that the build quality of the 9900 exceeds that of the Classic, but I'm pretty happy overall. Had the Q10 for a year before upgrading to the Classic and, for me, the Classic is much more functional especially when editing documents.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 07:36 PM