Came in last night. Don't have much time to play with it until the weekend. Let's talk about how much I love the form factor of this phone!

Posted via CB10
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    11-10-16 08:49 AM
    It's not bad right?

Posted from my BlackBerry Classic
    sbullet46 and acovey like this.
    11-10-16 08:57 AM
    Makes me kind of sad that they didn't put better specs in the phone so that it would be more future proof and have a bit less lagging because physically it's a wonderful phone, would love to just use it forever but I know eventually I'll be forced to give it up... But it works fine so far and is far better than the alternatives for now.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    sbullet46 likes this.
    11-10-16 09:52 AM
    Love my Classic, but unfortunately with the near loss of Whatsapp it's going to be a huge hit for me Everyone at my work uses it and will become a problem to communicate with them. It's unrealistic to expect everyone to download BBM just to speak with me.
    11-10-16 10:36 AM
    Love my Classic, but unfortunately with the near loss of Whatsapp it's going to be a huge hit for me Everyone at my work uses it and will become a problem to communicate with them. It's unrealistic to expect everyone to download BBM just to speak with me.
    Fortunate for me I don't use WA at all. All of my friends have unlimited texts so we just text each other.

11-10-16 10:43 AM
    I have unlimited text as well, but many colleagues and friends overseas!
    11-10-16 11:29 AM
    I have unlimited text as well, but many colleagues and friends overseas!
    Yep, I understand that, my mother is in that situation, so I'll have to load the apk onto her Z10...

11-10-16 11:32 AM
    No near loss of WA.

Download WA from Google Playstore and enjoy WA in 2017!

C'mon.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 07:11 PM
    Welcome aboard. I have a couple of these devices and ill be interested to see how your experience is!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-16 02:48 PM
    Welcome aboard. I have a couple of these devices and ill be interested to see how your experience is!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! Haven't had much time with it but here are my pros and cons so far:

Pros:
    Keyboard! Enough said.

Size. It's shorter than my iPhone 6 so that is a huge win.

Fit and finish. This is what cell phones should look and feel like.

Toolbelt (back and hangup buttons are great)

HUB. At first it is a little overwhelming but I am really starting to enjoy it.

Predictive text seems spot on.

Bb10 is really enjoyable. I do like the simplicity of iOS but this is just as good. Pluses and minuses with both. Android on the other hand I can't stand.

Cons:
    Weight. While the phone feels amazing and solid, using one handed for extended period will take some getting used to.

Crackberry app. I just need to get used to it because the one on iPhone is much easier for me to get around.

Trackpad. Again something I may just need to get used to but scrolling is much easier for me on the screen and I'm having a hell of a time trying to navigate the cursor.

Neutral:
    Apps. Most what I need works just fine. I haven't done playstore yet but I'm sure I'll have more than enough.

Browser. I do heavy Web browsing and while it's not amazing, it suffices.

Headphone jack. When apple moved theirs down below, it made so much sense. I'm wired in constantly and having to flip phone to drop in pocket seems like a step back but again not really a deal breaker.

The rest of it is just a learning curve. I need to read up on shortcuts and the way others have theirs setup. With the amount of customization it is a little overwhelming. Overall I am very pleased with this device. I did like the size of the Q10 better but the toolbelt (minus trackpad) I think gives this one the slight edge. I'll keep playing with it this weekend and reading the forums. If you or anyone has suggested tips, tools, ideas I'm open to hearing all from people with experience.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-16 05:22 PM
    I pickup the one also last night. Hah. I use 9900 for long time until yesterday. Switch to classic, its seem need a bit time to learn how to get know it.

Still struggling with link/blend etc. Especially I mainly use Mac now. Any suggestion for ical sync?

Anyway, I like classic as it so close 9900 with OS10, much more fun.

Regards

H

Posted via CB10
    11-11-16 05:59 PM
    It's almost perfect, but as already mentioned, unfortunate that BlackBerry didn't try to use passport like specs and especially the camera. This is really an elite feeling and looking device.

Posted via CB10
    joseanmx likes this.
    11-11-16 06:19 PM
    Awesome review. Very interesting to hear new thoughts. I had a hard time with the track pad at the beginning as well but now I hardly touch the screen.

Like you I do wish there was a better browsing experience.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-16 08:27 PM
    When typing, if i'm trying to move the cursor at the very end of my text, I push and hold shift while I scroll.
    That way it highlights the block of texts and prevents the cursor from going beyond that text box. Then I use the back button to cancel the highlight, and I resume typing.
    It's a handy way to prevent the trackpad from running too far and getting out of control.

Posted via CB10
    Ray III and joseanmx like this.
    11-12-16 01:59 AM
    When typing, if i'm trying to move the cursor at the very end of my text, I push and hold shift while I scroll.
    That way it highlights the block of texts and prevents the cursor from going beyond that text box. Then I use the back button to cancel the highlight, and I resume typing.
    It's a handy way to prevent the trackpad from running too far and getting out of control.

Posted via CB10
    Well how about that. That is a great tip! I feel like if the trackpad is part of the phone then I should get used to it. What is your trackpad sensitivity at?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 09:04 AM
    Mine is set to default. Which looks like it's around 60 or 70%

Posted via CB10
    sbullet46 likes this.
    11-12-16 09:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    That is a good idea actually...

sbullet46 likes this.
    11-12-16 10:44 AM
    Makes me kind of sad that they didn't put better specs in the phone so that it would be more future proof and have a bit less lagging because physically it's a wonderful phone, would love to just use it forever but I know eventually I'll be forced to give it up... But it works fine so far and is far better than the alternatives for now.
    I feel the same way, similar to 9930 but taller screen = the perfect phone, wonderful OS now that they finally got most BBOS features in and stuck a trackpad on it, but for crying out loud you should be able to do text messages without waiting for stuff to load.
    sbullet46 likes this.
    11-13-16 07:13 AM
    I feel the same way, similar to 9930 but taller screen = the perfect phone, wonderful OS now that they finally got most BBOS features in and stuck a trackpad on it, but for crying out loud you should be able to do text messages without waiting for stuff to load.
    Yes, there are many pointless animations and other things, and like you said, needing to wait for the messages to load before you could start typing a text, that are pretty annoying.

11-13-16 09:06 AM